Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Scanning large pictures
Scanning large pictures
2005-12-13, 4:30 PM #1
I'm having problems with scanning large pictures.

There's this big map I've drawn which is A2 in size (2 seperate A3 sheets). I would like to get it digitalized, but I only have a A4-sized scanner. I asked about at a copyshop but scanning would cost me € 9,- and frankly they can go to hell if they ask such insane ammount of money for pressing a button.

But now I somehow have to get it on my pc in some other way :(
I tried scanning it in 6 overlapping pieces, but I really can't get it to line up properly. I can make the three parts that form up each seperate A3 sheet fit with photoshops photomerg, but if I then try to fit the remaining two parts (the A3 sheets) together it completely doesn't fit anymore because photofit takes quite a lot of 'liberties'. I tried linig them up manually, but that was even more of a fiasco.

Anyone with bright ideas of how to get my map on my pc in one part?
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com

↑ Up to the top!