Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Gun.
Gun.
2005-12-14, 8:22 PM #1
Saturday night, I bought gun with a birthday gift card. Took it home, and started it on normal. Monday night, I beat MacGruger in the mine, and all I've got left for 100% is 3 more hunting missions and the poker missions.

I'm not sure how long this game has been out, maybe there has already been a thread. But post your thoughts on this game. AMAZING sense of immersion into the world, I think. The missions were down right AWESOME, from going into the Alhambra to save Jenny, to destroying the Renegade fortress, to the side missions where you need to recover a small pox vaccine. Weapons were a little over-powerful later in the game, and quick-draw was a little un-fair, but near the end, DAMN those enemies were getting hard.

In short, I love that game. If it's out for PC, this game has my HIGHEST reccomendation, and if it's not..well, you're S.O.L.. Only problem I have is with getting 100% in some side mission thing and not being able to do those any more. I WANT MORE WANTED POSTERS!
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-14, 10:07 PM #2
It certainly looks cool in the commercials, I might give it a go.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-12-14, 10:08 PM #3
It was fun. If you have a console, rent it, or try to borrow it from a friend. It's pretty short.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-15, 1:59 PM #4
Originally posted by Avenger:
It was fun. If you have a console, rent it, or try to borrow it from a friend. It's pretty short.

Yes it is, sadly. :(
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-15, 2:04 PM #5
I thought this was about a real gun.

You have failed me.
2005-12-15, 2:08 PM #6
No, you have failed me by not playing Gun.

Does anyone know after you've completed the game 100%, all side missions and such, is there anything to do other than kill wild animals, ride your horese, and shoot bandits?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-15, 7:04 PM #7
Yeah, rent it one evening when you've got nothing else to do. Decent game, but far too short.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-12-15, 7:20 PM #8
I actually just got it (just got an xbox for free, and modded it).

IT is certainly fun. Quickdraw mode is too cool
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-12-15, 7:30 PM #9
Originally posted by mscbuck:
Quickdraw mode is too cool

And essential near the end. Just wait til you get ambushed on the mountain after finding the "secret gold-filled" place.

I can't say enough good about this game..only bad thing is it's too short. But it's still hella fun.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-15, 7:39 PM #10
I like Red Dead Revolver better. But the Gun storyline was way cooler. Besides, you get to explore places with an incredibly fast horse!
2005-12-16, 2:16 AM #11
It's quite fun. But do yourself a favour and play it on Hard.

The PC version is fine, just the oversized projected first person gun models are on a quake 2 detail level.

The storyline is unrealistic cheesy fun, and you get to perform every concievablef Western movie cliché (play Texas Hold Em poker, protect a Conestoga wagontrain, shoot the noose from someone who is being hanged like in The Good, The Bad and the Ugly, escape from jail, shoot the rope on a river ferry following your ferry like in The Outlaw Josie Wales).

Nice soundtrack that is "inspired" to put it lightly, by some of the best tracks from John Barry's Dances with Wolves score. Good voice-acting. Riding around on a beautifully animated horse. Lots of fun side-missions from cattle-ranching to Bounty Hunting.

Only minus points in my eyes are the really cliché native americans, the poor first-person gun models (that are so enormous in FPS view that they poke through walls several meters ahead of you, spoiling the immersion), yes, the weapons get overpowered towards the end (but you still need them to be that powerful to defeat the cavalrymen) and the fact that it could've had more stuff to do between story missions. Also, the guns themselves could've spewed more smoke when fired, as blackpowder weapons do . And it would've been nice to have good and bad sides to each weapon, so that the newest one you got in a story-mission wouldn't always just have been the best (i.e. The Volcanic revolver was indeed a 12-shot revolver, but it lacked stopping power).

Still, not bad for a first outing in a franchise. And nice to have a good western game on the PC since Outlaws. Here's hoping for more to come in the series.
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2005-12-16, 2:23 AM #12
Yeah. It was pretty obvious that it was a console port. I hope they do a sequel with a longer story and more places to go.

The voice acting was fan-damn-tastic. They had a great cast of people who fit their roles very, very well.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-16, 5:18 AM #13
I thought the game was great, albeit I did not get very far in it, I'm just too hooked to FEAR and WoW and NFS:Most Wanted.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2005-12-16, 5:22 AM #14
It only takes 5 hours to beat.
2005-12-16, 5:36 AM #15
O.o [/COLOR][/B]
2005-12-16, 8:06 AM #16
Originally posted by RN2804:
I thought this was about a real gun.

You have failed me.

Yeah, I thought it was about a real gun too until reading further. Then I realized that he probably wasn't killing people in a mine in RL and then telling people openly about it on a forum.
2005-12-16, 8:10 AM #17
Say what? I do it everyday!

You're not a miner by any chance, are you?

(:p)
2005-12-16, 8:57 PM #18
Originally posted by Jepman:
You're not a miner by any chance, are you?

No, but he is. *Points to man of hulkish size next to Jepman*

And does anyone know how to get the final shotgun? I've got the double-barrel, single shot, and MacGruger's super-duper 7 shot thing, how do you get the last?
I had a blog. It sucked.

↑ Up to the top!