Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The day of reckoning is at hand
The day of reckoning is at hand
2005-12-15, 7:01 AM #1
For at 14:00 on this Thursday, December 15, 2005, I shall be writing the final exam for my differential equations class.

So I was hoping you guys could all move in such a way that is described by the solution to the equation y'' + y = 0 (a.k.a. GIMME VIBES)
Stuff
2005-12-15, 8:04 AM #2
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Attachment: 9284/sine.JPG (15,060 bytes)
2005-12-15, 8:31 AM #3
JDKNITE188.VIBES ---> kyle90

You have vibes!
2005-12-15, 9:23 AM #4
*Flings in the cold*

I'm wearing my kilt tonight.
nope.
2005-12-15, 9:43 AM #5
I have my last exam today at the same time :cool:

MP126, 17:00, there will be much celebration.
2005-12-15, 9:47 AM #6
Yours is three hours? Mine is only 2.5. SF 3201
Stuff
2005-12-15, 10:44 AM #7
Is that Derivative of y + y = 0?
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-12-15, 11:08 AM #8
No, y'' means the second derivative of y

Oh and *vibrates with SHM*
I've got a similar engineering maths type exam in January, good luck!
2005-12-15, 12:00 PM #9
Damn I was so bad at calculus...
I really should try to re-take it one day.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-12-15, 1:50 PM #10
It's over. It's finally over. I'm literally shaking right now.
Stuff
2005-12-15, 6:52 PM #11
Kyle had never been more turned on in his life. He turned the page in his textbook only to feel a sudden shiver run up his back, a smile of ecstacy reaching for his lips like a drunk to alcohol. Kyle ran his fingers across the sine waves, a soft moan sliding from between his teeth. He began unbuttoning his shirt, reaching for his calculator...

You're really giving me fantastic inspiration for my new novel!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-15, 6:55 PM #12
Kirby, that's good. Is there going to be a plot, or just randomly associating things with sex?

Oh, and I thought WE were supposed to vibrate kyle, not you.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-15, 7:19 PM #13
"Oh, yeah..." Kyle sighed as the frequency of his simple harmonic motion grew. He firmly grasped his slide rule, now at full extension, and began to firmly but gently calculate an exponential curve. Sweating, he increased the amplitude of the forcing function, causing the resonance to grow greater and greater. He had done math before, but never like this. Kyle knew from past experience that he was about to hit a critical point. Would it be a node or a saddle point? He shuddered in anticipation of the solution.

Hmmm, could work. We need a title though. "Sexual sines and luscious logarithms"?

Truth be told, quantum mechanics turns me on more than differential equations.
Stuff
2005-12-15, 7:38 PM #14
I don't know half as much math as I need to, and know twice as much sexual inuendo needed to laugh my *** off. Good job.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-15, 7:49 PM #15
Kyle groaned as he began to simplify the equation; he was quickly approaching the final answer. But this time was different. His mind clouded with ecstacy as he looked back at the original problem. The initial conditions might even allow for - he sighed with pleasure as the thought overtook him - multiple solutions. Sensuously, Kyle ran his fingers over the buttons of his calculator. To his delight, the calculator began the slow, sexy process of numerically integrating the function. "Unbelievable", Kyle gasped, barely able to contain himself anymore. His excitement only grew as the function neared a local maximum...
Stuff
2005-12-15, 8:19 PM #16
I'm hard. Hard on math.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-15, 9:37 PM #17
kyle90 says I need to add to the story or he'll kill MBeggar

>.>

Ignore me I'm slightly intoxicated.
Attachment: 9290/wave_eq.gif (972 bytes)
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-12-16, 12:06 AM #18
Mmm. . . del operator.

My Differential Equations test is on Tuesday. Should be fun.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]

↑ Up to the top!