Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I almost can't believe I am asking about this...
I almost can't believe I am asking about this...
2005-12-15, 7:30 PM #1
I feel, awkward.

So heres the deal. I am ahead on credits at school. I will end up with about every other day of school at the end of the semester, with maybe Seminary (good lord I hate that class, but I must appease my parents)which isn't even a class at the school and Tailoring/Fashion. I will have extra time, and money requirements.

However, I have commitments almost every day after school. I have plenty of time, just not in a schedule that fits with any employers.

So, I ask, does anyone have any ideas about how I might go about making money with an odd schedule?

I've tried the whole odd jobs around the neighborhood but everyone around here is a do-it-yourselfer and they seem to be creeped out by a 17 year old who wants to be a Marine doing something 13 year olds generally do.

Naturally, I'd love for something to do on the net, but if something that generated appreciable income existed, I think everyone would be all over it.

Any ideas (even if they are the usual Massassi fare) are much appreciated.

Thanks.
2005-12-15, 7:49 PM #2
other people's neighborhoods/ church folk.... um

photo editing to make people memory books?
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-12-15, 8:30 PM #3
I heard Olympic Athletes often work at Home Depot, because they allow for really crazy schedules. You should look into that.
2005-12-15, 8:44 PM #4
Originally posted by Axis:
I heard Olympic Athletes often work at Home Depot, because they allow for really crazy schedules. You should look into that.

Tis true. Home Depot helps sponser many of these athletes. There are a few elite level track meets that are sponsered by Home Depot.
yay for not posting much ever
2005-12-15, 10:58 PM #5
Yardwork? Cleaning up the snow in people's driveways?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-12-15, 11:46 PM #6
funny how people just suggest the stuff you've already said no to.... :p

shift work of any description. I'd say in a bar, but you probably can't do that for a few years. Somewhere that's open round the clock then, like a hotel. They should have day shifts and night shifts, so you can specify when you're available.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!

↑ Up to the top!