Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → If this is true... ******* SWEET (Trek 11)
If this is true... ******* SWEET (Trek 11)
2005-12-16, 2:37 PM #1
http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=22021

If this turns out to be true, this could be one ****ing awesome movie. If done right.
2005-12-16, 2:44 PM #2
I wonder if this will fall into the pattern of odd-numbered Trek films sucking, and even-numbered ones being good? However, to be fair, Nemesis was #10 and it sucked, so maybe all bets are off.
2005-12-16, 2:49 PM #3
Erh...wow

I'll see how it looks before I judge, lol.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-12-16, 3:22 PM #4
definatly sounds as though it has potential, i'll keep an eye on it, they better not hang around though, Shatner isn't getting any younger.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2005-12-16, 3:24 PM #5
I'm very wary on this idea...a whole star trek movie combining 3 treks into one in an alternate universe...

Seeing how the last Star Trek movie did, you gotta wonder, where's the appeal to mass market.

And how will it involve/affect the Star Trek universe :P.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-12-16, 3:56 PM #6
Yeah. This sounds really dumb.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-16, 3:57 PM #7
Originally posted by Veger:
And how will it involve/affect the Star Trek universe :P.

By doing it in the mirror universe they won't have to worry about it so much, yeah there will be things they will have to contend with from the various series but how many times have we visited the mirror universe? 6-7 times at most, 2 episodes in TOS, 2 in Enterprise, 2-3 Ds9 and TNG i'm not sure about, 1 maybe??

Rbots
2005-12-16, 4:03 PM #8
Eh.. I really liked the idea of a completely new cast/crew/ship, and the possibility of a TV series based off the movie.

Shatner.. he's really been reduced to comedy shows. I don't think it would be the same..
And didn't they say the TNG cast was finished, sans maybe the Janeway-style cameo? They've been in enough movies already.. the TV show ended over 10 years ago. Enough is enough.. Give us fresh meat!

But please. No Archer.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-12-16, 4:11 PM #9
A mirror-universe movie could have potential, but really, I'd like the Star Trek movies to end on an equivilant to "The Undiscovered Country" which I think was really into the social-ethical aspect of Star Trek that I like (just like its optomistic outlook on the future).

Let's see what happens...
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-12-16, 4:16 PM #10
I still think they should do a DS9 movie, the whole Dominion War had such potential.

The best Trek films have always been the ones where the films are darker, grittier, Wrath of Khan and First Contact to name two of the best.

The war would provide a perfect setting for that and although it is true the TNG cast have virtually been worn out the DS9 crew still have potential and you can never have enough Worf and Defiant action..

"Perhaps today is a good day to die!" ......i'm sad......i need to get out more.

[edit]

on Gebohq's post, good point, one area that was never really explored in the films too much and one that I think could hold some good material is the whole Section 31 issue.

Just how far does the Federation go to keep what it see's as a balance, how much of a blind eye must be cast to the actions of section31 and where must the line be drawn.

The one problem though with the films is that its always been Enterprise as the main focus, would they ever risk using DS9 (or god forbid) Voyager as the basis of a film without some element of "a" Enterprise, be it past, future, present or mirror...

[/edit]

Rbots
2005-12-16, 4:27 PM #11
Or maybe this Trek movie WON'T happen...

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?id=33701
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2005-12-16, 4:32 PM #12
Star Trek 2-4, 6, and FIrst Contact were the best.
2005-12-16, 4:57 PM #13
I dont know about you guys.. I loved TNG> I watch the episodes almost daily. I would love to see them go out with a bang.
2005-12-16, 5:30 PM #14
Stupiiiiiiid. I'm mean really, Picard, Kirk, and...Archer? How? That's just gonna **** over everything. Picard all ready met Kirk in the Nexus. They both fight the bad guy, Kirk dies , and we move on. This would be just another continuity screw up.

Sounds like a B & B style story.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-12-16, 5:32 PM #15
[QUOTE=James Bond]

The one problem though with the films is that its always been Enterprise as the main focus, would they ever risk using DS9 (or god forbid) Voyager as the basis of a film without some element of "a" Enterprise, be it past, future, present or mirror...

[/QUOTE]

am I one of the only people on the face of the planet that actually enjoyed voyager? :/
Moo.
2005-12-16, 5:41 PM #16
I enjoyed it.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-12-16, 5:45 PM #17
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
Stupiiiiiiid. I'm mean really, Picard, Kirk, and...Archer? How? That's just gonna **** over everything. Picard all ready met Kirk in the Nexus. They both fight the bad guy, Kirk dies , and we move on. This would be just another continuity screw up.

Star Trek continuity is allready effed up from when they were releasing 4 books a month
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-12-16, 6:01 PM #18
Star Trek sucks, get over it.
2005-12-16, 6:51 PM #19
Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW:
am I one of the only people on the face of the planet that actually enjoyed voyager? :/

nope. Voyager is still my favourite series (that being said, i grew up on TNG, and i absolutely loved the latter parts of DS9).
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2005-12-16, 7:13 PM #20
Originally posted by JediGandalf:

exactly!
2005-12-16, 7:18 PM #21
First Contact was sexy. It had good effects, EXCELLENT atmosphere, and a good driving plotline. Ahhh.
2005-12-16, 7:20 PM #22
First Contact kicked ***. Easily my favourite Trek movie with the TNG cast.

This movie sounds like crap. They really should catch on and do a movie with the DS9 scenario.
2005-12-16, 7:21 PM #23
In deleting the recent batch of troll posts, I came *this* close to accidentally deleting this one because of the title. :p
2005-12-17, 6:41 AM #24
I just died a little on the inside.

This gives me a profound sense of foreboding.
2005-12-17, 2:53 PM #25
Kirk and Picard have already teamed up in Generations. They don't need to do it again.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-12-17, 3:02 PM #26
Originally posted by genk:
Star Trek continuity is allready effed up from when they were releasing 4 books a month

It's easy to solve that, the books don't count towards continuity, just like it is with Star Wars and several other franchises. What's in the movie(s) and/or tv show(s) is considered canon.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-12-17, 3:12 PM #27
Let's see what concepts Berman has discarded in the past few years:

...A TV series/movie involving Section 31? Check.
...A TV series/movie set in Starfleet Academy? Check.
...A TV series featuring Sulu as the captain of the Excelsior? Check.
...Ending the Dominion War with a movie? Check.
...Using orchestral music? Check.

Now let's see what he's done:

...A TV series that directly contradicts prior Star Trek works, only without strong actors or characters.
...A TV series that directly contradicts prior Star Trek works, only without strong actors or characters.
...A movie based on an old, unused TNG episode script dragged out to over 2 hours in length.
...A movie based on an old, unused TNG episode script dragged out to over 2 hours in length.
...Made the series so bad that even Brent Spiner thinks he can find better work somewhere else.

I'm clapping slowly. This sounds like a terrible idea to me (and I honestly doubt Patrick Stewart would stoop to doing it). Hell, even when Berman comes up with an idea that sounds good to me, his implementation is usually so inept as to be unwatchable. Keep in mind that Berman's only other production work was a show geared toward kindergarteners and it's pretty easy to see the reason behind his madness.
2005-12-17, 3:49 PM #28
Jon'C pretty much addressed the topic perfectly >_<.
2005-12-17, 4:07 PM #29
true, Berman is a d***, the sooner he is removed from control of production the better, there was talk of it a few months back, guess it came to nought.

Rbots
2005-12-17, 4:20 PM #30
Any one got a fresh link.

I would love to see a film go on further with DS9, what happens to Sisko, why does that Prophets keep him in the wormhole, it was so open ended I was hoping that 10 was going to be a DS9 film.

Also if you want to enjoy a good book about the crossovers and the mirror universe, read the books shatner did, starting Ashes of Eden, I have enjoyed all six books as it brings all the casts together, works really well.
Flying over there some were...
2005-12-17, 4:21 PM #31
Berman and Braga have left the franchise, or at least Berman for sure. Braga's mostly emo over it but he's pretty much done with it.

Edit: Got the name's mixed up.

Braga's definitely gone and Berman's the one being emo-ish with the "well...I'll leave after this!" Meh.

http://scn.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/40310331/m/97410651073

http://scn.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/40310331/m/74710681073

I think Berman alone wouldn't be so bad though, he's done good stuff when without Braga.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-12-17, 6:46 PM #32
Braga had his share of good episodes on TNG.
It's just after TNG that he sucked. (I think)

↑ Up to the top!