Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Your favorite Narnia book?
Your favorite Narnia book?
2005-12-16, 4:17 PM #1
Pretty simple question.

Personally, it's Voyage of the Dawn Treader 'cause the adventures they had were crazy awesome. It was the only one with a dragon in it, and it had Caspian and Reepercheep. Both Caspian and Reepercheep are my favorite Narnian characters, along with Jewel the unicorn in the Last Battle.

Discuss your favorite book.

(you could also discuss your least favorite Narnia book. For me, it was Horse and His Boy because it was terribly boring in my opinion, and it didn't seem to have the same effect as the other Narnia books had on me.)
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-12-16, 4:19 PM #2
Wow, it's been forever since I read those. I do remember that Reepercheep was pretty awsome, so I'll agree with you. :p Poor guy lost his tail though. :gbk:
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2005-12-16, 4:40 PM #3
I kind of liked A Horse and His Boy. I don't know why...I would have liked The Silver Chair much more if the ending was better.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-12-16, 7:22 PM #4
I remember liking Caspian, but it's been a long time.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-12-16, 10:18 PM #5
Magician's Nephew wins
Think while it's still legal.
2005-12-16, 10:30 PM #6
It's a tight race between A Horse And His Boy and Voyage of the Dawn Treader for me, but Voyage wins out in the end.
I beat the internet. The last guy was hard.
2005-12-17, 3:16 AM #7
Like ******, exept the Horse and his Boy wins for me.
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2005-12-17, 4:59 AM #8
The Horse and his Boy.
It has pretty much nothing to do with the main plot of the children. A nice change in pace and viewpoint. Exotic places.
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2005-12-17, 5:12 AM #9
Personally, I prefer Caspian, because it was just an excellently written book.
2005-12-17, 10:23 AM #10
I just read them all again the other week, and loved them(i hadn't read them in probably about 5 years)

Its very hard to pick one, but i went with magicians nephew in the end. I'd actually say lion, witch and the wardrobe is probably my least favourite, whereas i think thats the one most people have heard of.
/fluffle
2005-12-17, 10:24 AM #11
It was hard for me to pick one too, but mostly because I can't remember them.
2005-12-17, 3:47 PM #12
who's Reepercheep?
2005-12-18, 7:13 AM #13
Reepicheep is sorta like the leader(or king?) of all the talking mice.
/fluffle
2005-12-18, 3:38 PM #14
I just read Prince Caspian. It was lame.
2005-12-18, 5:45 PM #15
I've only read "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe" so I can't really vote yet until I do read the rest. BTW, I saw the movie last night with my family. It was actually pretty good. It followed the book pretty well and I'm looking forward to seeing more Narnia books being made for the silver screen if this movie gains enough money for disney to want to proceed with the rest.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-12-20, 8:12 PM #16
I just read Dawn Treader and now I'm halfway through The Silver Chair. I can't believe I really used to like these...

I like how at the end of Dawn Treader, Aslan tells them that he's Jesus.

↑ Up to the top!