Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → murder in my town
murder in my town
2005-12-19, 2:10 PM #1
http://www.couriernews.com/story.asp?ID=10280

I live in a relatively small town (compared to most of you, my town runs around 25, 000), so when something like this happens, it's a big deal. Plus, she was about the age of most of you, and was entered in the Miss Arkansas pagent.

The most unnerving part is that there is a murderer running loose in my town right now...
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2005-12-19, 2:19 PM #2
That's very disturbing. Must be kinda scary for you. :(
2005-12-19, 2:29 PM #3
That sucks.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-19, 2:35 PM #4
*Bolts the door and pulls down the curtains.*

There was an armed meth dealer on the loose about a mile from my house and I was given strict instructions to fill him with lead if he tried to get in our house. He even dropped a backpack loaded with meth while he was running, so they thought he was high as well. I can't ever remember being that afraid of someone trying to break into my house ever before, and thankfully after a day they found a trail and knew he was going AWAY from my house area, and turned himself in about a week later.

This was all intensified by the fact that we have a large amount of woods around my house, and that he may have been friends with the person he left his meth lab (a trailer that the cops started following him for having it being extremely worn down and well, looked like a meth lab) left his meth lab with.

My town is 7,200 so it'd be a freaking huge deal for a murder here :p
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-19, 2:43 PM #5
Originally posted by Uberslug:
That's very disturbing. Must be kinda scary for you. :(

especially with a baby on the way :o
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-12-19, 4:12 PM #6
Here's a pic I found of her. The local paper quit printing it.
Attachment: 9335/4254754_BG1.jpg (15,727 bytes)
2005-12-19, 4:35 PM #7
Wow, that's scary. I would feel somewhat unsafe in my town if something happened like that.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-12-19, 5:01 PM #8
Yeah its freaky when murders occur in your little hometown. Though deaths of teenagers around here seem go unnoticed unless the victim is someone attending the local high school.

When i was 10, i made a cartoon in Animagic of a character named after one my friends who gets shot in a driveby. 3 years later he was murdered. That was pretty wierd.
2005-12-19, 6:31 PM #9
I think I know how you feel. There's only 10-15,000 people in my town, and when somebody gets murdered it's a big deal. Last month some guy killed his old land lord with a hammer because he couldn't pay the rent.

It's scary that some people are that illogical and downright out of their minds.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2005-12-19, 7:11 PM #10
I live in a town of less than 3,000, and there was a triple homicide about four blocks from my house. They caught the guy on the scene, but it was still quite unnerving. Killed his parents and a home care nurse who came to check on his grandmother with no apparent provocation.
2005-12-19, 9:50 PM #11
I used to live in Lititz, PA, i moved from there about 7 months ago, and recently some kid killed his girlfriend's parents. pretty crazy ****.
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2005-12-20, 6:39 AM #12
In the area where I live (not a small town), lately, there has been a series of 'family murders', several in a row, a wife killing her husband and 3 children... A mother murdering two children, a husband killing his wife and children... it's almost like an epidemic. :o
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2005-12-20, 6:41 AM #13
Last murder on this village/town/thing was about 10 years ago and it was some guy in a bar bathroom.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-12-20, 7:36 AM #14
If you read the article, you saw that it's been about ten years since this has happened here too. A couple of guys killed a family, took their guns, and left Arkansas for Washington state.

A couple of months ago, a guy in town lured his wife (ex-wife? don't remember) out of the house and shot her three times, one of which was in the "procreating spot". He left her for dead, but she's still alive. He was arrested shortly afterward.

The killer of the girl in the picture is still running loose in my town. :eek:
2005-12-20, 9:08 AM #15
Originally posted by Primate:
I live in a town of less than 3,000, and there was a triple homicide about four blocks from my house. They caught the guy on the scene, but it was still quite unnerving. Killed his parents and a home care nurse who came to check on his grandmother with no apparent provocation.

Yeowch.

I live in a town that I'm guessing has under 3000 people too. Couple of months back a kid went missing about 5 miles away, abducted by a paedophile and was found dead days later.

Someone in my year also got the crap kicked out of him in the next village over a few weeks ago with golf clubs. Had to get surgery on his brain to stop it bleeding.
nope.
2005-12-20, 9:30 AM #16
I was about to say big deal, **** happens where i live but for a town of that size i guess its (somehow) quite different. I suppose its the equivalent of someone being murdered around in my area, that would be scary :o
/fluffle
2005-12-20, 10:17 AM #17
Gah, bad link.
2005-12-20, 11:32 AM #18
ahh, none of the links work!

and everyfew years someone gets murdered here, it, not a big deal really... our poliece are pretty good. we do have a number of un-publicized robberies though
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.

↑ Up to the top!