Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Trying to Remember The Name of a Sci-Fi Strategy Game . . .
Trying to Remember The Name of a Sci-Fi Strategy Game . . .
2005-12-20, 12:49 PM #1
I vaguely recall this really fun Sci-Fi Strategy game that I played a demo of a while back (anywhere from 3-5 years old, probably sometime around 2001-2002). You commanded these giant space ships, and there were 3 races I think. You built your bases on a ring around planets, and you harvested minerals from them. You could also use wormhole-like teleporters that took you to other regions of the map.

I remember this game being really fun and quite addicitive, does anyone know what I mean? Even if I could just play the demo again, it'd be fun. Please help.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-12-20, 12:54 PM #2
I remember that game, it had something to do with Chris Robert's I think.

EDIT: http://conquest.ubi.com/
2005-12-20, 12:56 PM #3
I'm not quite sure because I couldn't get it to work on my computer to play, but maybe Darwinia? I don't have a link right now.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-20, 1:00 PM #4
Originally posted by tofu:
I remember that game, it had something to do with Chris Robert's I think.

EDIT: http://conquest.ubi.com/

Wow, you're good. First post too. :eek:

Thanks!

/me runs off to relive his gaming memories
2005-12-21, 10:17 AM #5
must...not...click...
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-12-21, 10:24 AM #6
it won't play because I have no soundcard :(

(yeah, I clicked :p)
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-12-21, 10:25 AM #7
It's been called a "starcraft clone with spaceships" by many, so it'd probably be right up your alley Maevie! ;)

↑ Up to the top!