Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Chappelle's Show: The End--The Truth?
Chappelle's Show: The End--The Truth?
2005-12-21, 10:06 AM #1
http://www.chappelletheory.com/

Whoa. Reading through it, it does seem quite farfetched, yet...in a way, that's what makes me believe it. Jesus. If it's true, Dave's a much stronger man than I ever thought he was--putting up with that for so long...a long read, but definitely worth the time.
D E A T H
2005-12-21, 10:10 AM #2
Written well, but thats a load of bull ****.
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-12-21, 10:12 AM #3
Originally posted by Ubuu:
Written well, but thats a load of bull ****.

You read it already?

I wouldn't discredit it so fast. There's a lot to be taken in and thought about. If anything did happen, maybe we'll see hard evidence later on. Or, of course, it could be just bull****. I don't know, honestly.
D E A T H
2005-12-21, 10:17 AM #4
Out of curiosity, how did you find out about this Yoshi?
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-12-21, 10:18 AM #5
I can see where i makes sense. I would hardly discredit the fact that all those people had an influence on his life. I know one thing as African Americans...if you have the ability you usually help everyone out. But then this author of the link you posted does things like this:

To summarize an interview with Cosby by the Philadelphia Metro, he wasn't pleased.

Please, out of everything I have read so far, I would LOVE to even see a paraphrase of what Cosby said. But know, it isnt even provided.

This sounds like the DVD video they had about how Tupac and Biggie died. I bootlegged it and was soo displeased, cause it told me **** I already knew, and when they came close to something really good..oh man the police officer isnt home. Oh man, my phone doesnt work. Stupid ****. This is probably a spoof, but a good read. Thanks.

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-12-21, 10:19 AM #6
Non-Prophets forum (underground rap group featuring Slug, Eyedea, Dj Abilities, Sage Francis...okay, so you've never heard of any of them, but still.)
D E A T H
2005-12-21, 10:24 AM #7
It was also posted on Digg about a week ago. I read it and thought it was humorous, but don't know if I buy it or not.
2005-12-21, 10:25 AM #8
Um... I dunno... Maybe...
>>untie shoes
2005-12-21, 10:27 AM #9
The fact that a group such as the dark horse could exsist, I find very believable. Though certain members of this so called group I do not believe. Oprah, Goldberg and Robert JOhnson would not be apart of this so called group...

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-12-21, 10:28 AM #10
For too consiracy theorist for me to believe. I think it had more to do with pressure from Comedy Central to chenge the show to their liking, limiting his creativivty and fans being idiots, like when he walked out of a stand up performance because people in the audience wouldn't stop saying "I'm Rick James, bithch!" while he was trying to perform.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-21, 10:32 AM #11
He made chappelle show. The network has no right to tell him how to transform a hit. Thats like telling Michael jordan he doesnt know how to win basketball games. you just dont do that to your MVP.

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-12-21, 10:42 AM #12
^very true, and I think Comedy Central knew that. Like I said, could be bull****, but once in a while conspiracy theories really do have at least a ringer of truth to them.
D E A T H
2005-12-21, 10:51 AM #13
couldnt he have used all that money he had to kill the people who were up against him?
2005-12-21, 11:02 AM #14
^ Very good point. Very godo point. Anyways, I have watched the new trailer like 5 times, and all I can say is:

"Come on in you broke mutha****as....see how I'm livin"

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2005-12-21, 11:03 AM #15
That does seem pretty extreme... what if it was true, though?
>>untie shoes
2005-12-21, 11:05 AM #16
All I'm glad to know is there is another season of his show. :D
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-12-21, 11:34 AM #17
Originally posted by Bill:
That does seem pretty extreme... what if it was true, though?

My thoughts exactly.

Spe--there are usually pretty serious ramifications to 10 counts of pre-meditated murder. Like, you know, death.
D E A T H
2005-12-21, 12:01 PM #18
Pure bull****. Chapelles show was canned because the network executives wanted to take the show in directions that Chappelle did not agree with. So he walked. Then the media made up this whole junk about him going to an insane asylum in Africa.

Quote:
This sounds like the DVD video they had about how Tupac and Biggie died. I bootlegged it and was soo displeased, cause it told me **** I already knew, and when they came close to something really good..oh man the police officer isnt home. Oh man, my phone doesnt work. Stupid ****. This is probably a spoof, but a good read. Thanks.

The best Tupac doc was Resurrection. I could writ eout all the theories here if you want.. :p
2005-12-21, 12:18 PM #19
That story is complete bull****. Anyone could go and make up a story like that. There's only so much information regarding why the show never happened that you can just throw anything in there. You really think Al Sharpton or OPRAH WINFREY would show up with the "three big men" and whisper things into his ears while he was in bed? Even if somehow they were involved and that disturbed by a comedy show, I really doubt they'd do the intimidating in person. They have things they all need to get done, how would they have the time to be worrying about intimidating Dave Chappelle to that extent? How did these people get this information, how were those people so willing to say it?

It's an obviously exageratted story, and the presenation only really proves that it's not true. Why go through the trouble of making a nice site like that and making it look nice? Why write it out so carefully? Why not just try and alert news orgs or something? The whole thing just comes off as completely false, and to believe it makes me have serious doubts on some of you :-P.

Come on guys really......Bill Cosby?
[http://www.101lifestyle.com/images/celebs/bill_cosby/bill-cosby-pics-004.jpg]
Wanting to kill Dave Chapelle?
2005-12-21, 12:20 PM #20
Yea right, except for one problem. It's not backed up by any facts.
2005-12-21, 12:53 PM #21
I think it's mostly a joke/ploy/well written story-type conspiracy theory site. I doubt the author is serious.
2005-12-21, 12:54 PM #22
Originally posted by tofu:
Yea right, except for one problem. It's not backed up by any facts.

Which is why I said it could be pure bull****. I think you kinda forgot to read the thread, ya know?
D E A T H
2005-12-21, 1:06 PM #23
COULD be? haha
Warhead[97]
2005-12-21, 1:12 PM #24
I don't know how any of you could believe that. It almost screams joke, I thought it was humorous. Come on, Oprah Winfrey?
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-12-21, 1:30 PM #25
the best part is like from that movie, The Game, in which he gets a special private broadcast from Oprah, "DAVE!!! I AM GOING TO RAPE YOUR FACE"
2005-12-21, 1:33 PM #26
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Non-Prophets forum (underground rap group featuring Slug, Eyedea, Dj Abilities, Sage Francis...okay, so you've never heard of any of them, but still.)[/QUOTE]

rhymesayerrrrrrrrrrs
一个大西瓜
2005-12-21, 1:42 PM #27
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Which is why I said it could be pure bull****. I think you kinda forgot to read the thread, ya know?[/QUOTE]
No, I didn't forget to read the thread.
2005-12-21, 3:03 PM #28
Originally posted by Pommy:

Have my children.

Tofu--then you have the reading comprehension of a 2 year old.
D E A T H
2005-12-21, 3:36 PM #29
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Non-Prophets forum (underground rap group featuring Slug, Eyedea, Dj Abilities, Sage Francis...okay, so you've never heard of any of them, but still.)[/QUOTE]

Sage Francis is the only rapper that I actually like. Well, and maybe those guys from Whole Wheat Bread.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2005-12-21, 3:54 PM #30
Ahahaha, haxored!
2005-12-21, 4:44 PM #31
Yeah... read the disclaimer on the first page.
Moo.
2005-12-21, 7:28 PM #32
Bill Cosby was awesome. At least in Kids ... Things and the original Cosby Show.

As for the theory, it started getting extremely lame as the author developed it into a conspiracy of some sort around end page 2/begin 3. The cabal was late in realizing that his humor projected negative A-A stereotypes? Come on! His humor probably wasn't too different before the show.
2005-12-21, 7:40 PM #33
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Tofu--then you have the reading comprehension of a 2 year old.[/QUOTE]
Is there any particular reason you feel the need to insult me?
2005-12-21, 7:50 PM #34

He doesn't need one man, he's DJ Yoshi. :p
2005-12-21, 8:41 PM #35
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']He doesn't need one man, he's DJ Yoshi. :p

I almost forgot!
2005-12-21, 8:54 PM #36

It wasn't an insult--I said "This could be total bull****". You obviously couldn't understand that I said this. Thus, you have a horrible reading comprehension. And it ended up being bull**** anyways.

PS, when I saw that article earlier today it didn't have the disclaimer. They just added it today. My luck, eh?

Anyways.
D E A T H
2005-12-21, 9:15 PM #37
So there exist some kind of "Black Patriots" or "Black Illuminati?"
2005-12-21, 9:17 PM #38
What are you talking about? Do you think I said that to insult anyone on this thread? All I said was it's not backed up by any facts and I didn't believe it, just like the majority of other people that posted did. All I'm asking is why you decided to attack me? And a disclaimer? What are you talking about?
2005-12-21, 9:20 PM #39
Everyone calm.

Yoshi: That was on the insult side.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-12-22, 9:15 AM #40
Bill Cosby Jr

11 letters... it must be true!

↑ Up to the top!