Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New York
New York
2005-12-21, 1:05 PM #1
1. Why are they striking?
2. If striking is illegal, how are they supposed to make a point when no one would listen to whatever they wanted before they started striking?
3. Anyone who lives there, how are people getting to work and how are businesses operating?
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-12-21, 1:17 PM #2
They are striking because they want retirement to be lowered to 55. Apparently NYC has $6 million surplus they "want a part of."

2. I dont know

People are walking. Simple as that. Trains are still running to and from the city from the suburbs. People who live in Brooklyn have to cross the brooklyn bridge on foot and then continue walking when they get to the other side.

Some form of shuttle busses are running as well.

I know walking isnt /that/ bad.... but when you have to get across town, or up and down town, it takes forever. Its in the 30s in NYC, but it gets windy there too.

Hopefully this strike thing will be over soon...
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-12-21, 2:13 PM #3
as for number 2, this brings alot more attention to the issue, thats why people strike.
2005-12-21, 2:36 PM #4
This is just stupid. 55? WTF.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-21, 3:07 PM #5
Yesterday I spent 5 hours in traffic trying to get downtown to work. Today I worked from home. <3 remote desktop :p

The best option though is riding a bike. If I had one I'd definitely ride to work. Walking is also reasonable but it takes a while. I'm probably going to walk downtown soon though, it shouldn't take more than an hour and a half.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2005-12-21, 3:12 PM #6
http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/21/nyc.transit/index.html
2005-12-21, 11:57 PM #7
Yay, they are threatening to arrest the union leaders!

I hope this gets fixed fast.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-12-22, 2:19 PM #8
http://tinyurl.com/alzsg
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!

↑ Up to the top!