Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → OMQ Joss wheadon gives up firefly/serenity for good!
OMQ Joss wheadon gives up firefly/serenity for good!
2005-12-21, 7:57 PM #1
Just like the interview article says!
http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1141343_1_0_,00.html

Oh wait...

Quote:
All right, now I have to jump in and set the record straight. EW is a fine rag, but they do take things out of context. Obviously when I said I had 'closure', what I meant was "I hate Serenity, I hated Firefly, I think my fans are stupid and Nathan Fillion smells like turnips." But EW's always got to put some weird negative spin on it. But so we're clear once and for all: If you read a quote saying "I'd love to do more in this 'verse with these actors in any medium" all I'm saying is that Nathan has a turnipy odor. It's not his fault, he doesn't eat a lot of them but everyone else in the cast noticed it and tht's not really something I'm prepared to deal with any more. And Jewel said outright she wouldn't do scenes with him except stuff like the SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER funeral scene which was outside in a high SPOILER wind. So if I do manage to find another incarnation for my beloved creation, it will have been totally against my will.

I hope that clears everything up. Oh, and when I say I want to do a Spike movie, it means I have a bunion on my toe.

-joss (by which I mean Tim)

(no, actually me.)

Link: http://whedonesque.com/comments/9027
(scroll down)

For those who don't get it, joss is a very sarcastic person. He's essentially saying EW is full of crap, and he's not giving up on Firefly/serenity at all
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-12-21, 8:01 PM #2
Already a thread on this. Bad news though :/
Think while it's still legal.
2005-12-21, 9:17 PM #3
I"m indicating that Joss is replying saying "STFU Entertainment Weekly, I'm not giving up firefly"

AKA, the article didn't say what Joss intented to be said at all, and they totally took him out of context. THAT'S what this thread is all about.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-12-21, 9:26 PM #4
You should edit the thread title to not seem like there's another thread about it.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-12-21, 9:30 PM #5
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]Already a thread on this. Bad news though :/[/QUOTE]

... read the spoiler tags....
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%
2005-12-21, 9:30 PM #6
So does this mean I get my trilogy? I want my trilogy...
Stuff
2005-12-21, 9:31 PM #7
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
You should edit the thread title to not seem like there's another thread about it.

I guess my attempts at sarcasm suck. Sorry :P
2005-12-21, 10:18 PM #8
If that really is Joss, then this will make me so happy and giddy that I may infact wet myself.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-12-21, 11:04 PM #9
It's Joss. It's from his Website, that's why I posted the link below the quote.

↑ Up to the top!