Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Does Anyone Know How I Can Find/Purchase any Older PC Games OnLine?
Does Anyone Know How I Can Find/Purchase any Older PC Games OnLine?
2005-12-22, 7:19 PM #1
When I say older, I mean anything before 2004, probably as early as say 1997. I've got an older machine, and would really like some decent older titles. I'm a big fan of games like Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine, Jedi Knight, and Age of Empires. Pretty much any RTS strategy games and FPS or maybe adventure games.

Any websites or personal recommendations on games would be greatly appreciated. :)
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-12-22, 7:20 PM #2
ebay, terra nova.
2005-12-22, 7:38 PM #3
Hmm, after some searching, I've found 3 games that looks incredibly awesome that I've just never got around to playing.

They are (in order of my interest):

1) The No One Lives Forever series
2) Max Payne
3) Deus Ex

Could someone tell me what they liked about these games, especially NOLF. Which is better, the original NOLF or NOLF 2? Is it worth getting both?
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-12-22, 7:43 PM #4
first point

Deus Ex rapes almost any game ever, it makes even NOLF look like crap.

second point: Max Payne is fun for a while.

third point: NOLF and NOLF2 were two of the funnest FPS games i've ever played

fourth point: terra nova

fifth point: Deus Ex has raped this post before you even finished reading it. Deus Ex is ultimate, get it... seriously.

[edit] i couldnt decide between which NOLF, i'd just say play both[/edit]

[edit2]my first edit just got raped by deus ex[/edit2]
2005-12-22, 7:44 PM #5
NOLF2.

My favorite shooter ever.
2005-12-22, 7:46 PM #6
you can also try amazon.com. You can buy nearly anything used there, and unlike ebay, you don't have to bid on it and have someone steal it at the last minute.
2005-12-23, 9:21 AM #7
You should try the Thief series.
And definately get NOLF 1+2. You don't need to bother with Contract J.A.C.K., it's just a simple shooter, with no brains.
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-12-23, 10:19 AM #8
Contract J.A.C.K. was a dissapointment, but it was still fun. The only thing I really didn't like about it was the fact that it had TERRIBLE artifacting on my 9600XT. Maybe on the x800XL it won't, but I'm probably not going to install it just to find out... I didn't get very far because of the artifacting..
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-12-23, 10:26 AM #9
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]second point: Max Payne is fun for a while.
[/QUOTE]
Slight disagreement: Max Payne's life is vastly extended by the mods available for it. Although half of them are Matrix ripoffs, and the majority of the rest are Kung Fu add ons, there are a lot of gems in there.

↑ Up to the top!