Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → halo 3
halo 3
2005-12-23, 4:56 AM #1
http://www.itplays.net/2005/12/halo_3_goes_on_sale.php

i think i'll be buying an xbox360 afterall.
2005-12-23, 5:25 AM #2
Based on a poster?
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-12-23, 5:43 AM #3
how do you mean? me believing that halo 3 is coming or the fact that i'm going to buy it just seeing the poster?

well i figure there's no doubt halo 3 will be coming out. and it will be awesome.
2005-12-23, 6:31 AM #4
With the way Halo 2 ended, THERE BETTER BE A DAMN SEQUEL!!!
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-12-23, 7:55 AM #5
I love the grammar in the above post.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-12-23, 8:21 AM #6
Originally posted by SavageX378:
With the way Halo 2 ended, THERE BETTER BE [A] DAMN SEQUEL!!!

Corrected. I guess.

Too bad the advertisements aren't saying at least what month of 2006 it will come out, although I could care less.
2005-12-23, 8:48 AM #7
It'll be on Unreal Engine 3 won't it? It doesnt matter. FPS's with game-pads are just plain awful.
2005-12-23, 8:53 AM #8
[nintendo propoganda]FPS's with the revolution controller will be awesome. [/nintendo propoganda]

I'm still waiting for Halo 2 on the PC...
Think while it's still legal.
2005-12-23, 8:54 AM #9
I disagree with you Obi_Kwiet. And I believe its coming out in Winter because, if I remember corrctly, they have to release it with the movie, and theres no way there going to do that during the middle or beggining of the year.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-12-23, 9:13 AM #10
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
I disagree with you Obi_Kwiet. And I believe its coming out in Winter because, if I remember corrctly, they have to release it with the movie, and theres no way there going to do that during the middle or beggining of the year.

...Uh...No.

I really, honestly don't care for Halo 3. I'm not gonna get a 360 just for one game that's rather mediocre and has been played out far more than it should have been. Halo 1 was great, Halo 2 was okay, and I expect Halo 3 to be mediocre at best.
D E A T H
2005-12-23, 9:52 AM #11

Hmmm...

[http://members.cox.net/obi_kwiet/djyoshistfu.jpg]
2005-12-23, 10:19 AM #12
i'll have to check it out when i go to E3.. mooowahaha.
2005-12-23, 10:22 AM #13
Originally posted by Cazor:
i'll have to check it out when i go to E3.. mooowahaha.

I might go too... But if I go, I'll go for free. :)
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-12-23, 11:28 AM #14
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]...Uh...No.

I really, honestly don't care for Halo 3. I'm not gonna get a 360 just for one game that's rather mediocre and has been played out far more than it should have been. Halo 1 was great, Halo 2 was okay, and I expect Halo 3 to be mediocre at best.[/QUOTE]

What about Unreal 3? 1 was great, 2 was meh, and 3 can only get worse!

Come on, don't judge the game before its even released, you make smiley sad. :(
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-12-23, 11:34 AM #15
Originally posted by Sol:
What about Unreal 3? 1 was great, 2 was meh, and 3 can only get worse!

Come on, don't judge the game before its even released, you make smiley sad. :(

1 was great, 2 was great, and 3 is tbd. Halo 1 had a decent story, a great fun LAN experience, and a good atmosphere. Halo 2 tried to be omg graphix, and failed, and continued the same story experience...not nearly as much fun, IMO. Still okay though, and Live play saved the multiplayer from doom.
D E A T H
2005-12-23, 11:53 AM #16
I seriously believe that's fake. I would have heard tons and tons of rumors before now if it were real.
DO NOT WANT.
2005-12-23, 12:02 PM #17
Well it'll come out sometime, no matter what. I don't expect them to do any better than Halo 2. I saw an interview with the guys who made Halo 2 and their strategy was "Create 5 minutes of fun [killing things] then repeat that for the rest of the game." I'm sorry, but that theory sucks. For example, Half Life 2 owns Halo 2 as far as story and game play because it wasn't the same thing over and over.

Halo 3 definitely wont cause me to purchase a 360. My modded Xbox does more than what the 360 does minus graphics. I can play the newer games on the PC anyway.

[Edit: 300th post!]
Naked Feet are Happy Feet
:omgkroko:
2005-12-23, 12:58 PM #18
Everything I've heard about Halo 3 is that its going to come out with the movie. But I heard the movie wouldn't be released till early 2007.
Life is beautiful.
2005-12-23, 1:01 PM #19
I think ill wait for a trailer....
2005-12-23, 1:04 PM #20
Originally posted by Yecti:
I might go too... But if I go, I'll go for free. :)

same here.
2005-12-23, 5:08 PM #21
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
FPS's with game-pads are just plain awful.

Can I ask why?

To be honest, I think FPS's can be both good on PC and console.
No sig.
2005-12-23, 5:18 PM #22
Originally posted by HCF_Duke:
Can I ask why?

To be honest, I think FPS's can be both good on PC and console.

FPS' were NOT made for gamepads. Gamepads were made for FPS'. Unfortunately, the dual analog stick setup does a piss poor job of emulating mice. It works...but not that well.
D E A T H
2005-12-23, 5:48 PM #23
:confused:

Didn't they already say Halo 3 was coming out when the PS3 is launched?
2005-12-23, 6:05 PM #24
The release date, at this point is pretty much unknown. IGN's release list says Fall of 2006. But with a time frame like that, it could most certainly be changed either for the better, or for the worse. Just look at The Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess.

We'll just have to see.
2005-12-23, 7:19 PM #25
Pay attention very closely....

THERE IS NO HALO 3
THEREFORE THERE IS NO RELEASE DATE

Those posters? Photoshopped. Look at the 3, and then the 2 from the Halo 2 logo. They split the 2 in half and flipped it. It's a poster to start hype for a game, that as of right now, is non existant. There is no released information. There is no HIDDEN released information. The game hasn't been announced by ANYONE. Yeah, there's gonna be a third one, but as of right now, until Bungie (not even MS) says so, it doesn't exist in any form or fashion.

That poster has been around for at least a full month now if not longer. It was just yesterday or today that major sites decided to pick up on it and spout crap.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-12-23, 8:10 PM #26
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]FPS' were NOT made for gamepads. Gamepads were made for FPS'. Unfortunately, the dual analog stick setup does a piss poor job of emulating mice. It works...but not that well.[/QUOTE]

Can't argue with that... mice do a much better job with aiming.
No sig.
2005-12-23, 8:17 PM #27
Actually, Bill Gates himself said Halo 3 would be released the same day as the PS3, although the producers said that might not be entirely true, the game is definately coming out.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-12-23, 8:31 PM #28
Originally posted by tofu:
:confused:

Didn't they already say Halo 3 was coming out when the PS3 is launched?

I could have sworn I read this in Time.
2005-12-23, 9:32 PM #29
Originally posted by fishstickz:
Actually, Bill Gates himself said Halo 3 would be released the same day as the PS3, although the producers said that might not be entirely true, the game is definately coming out.

Gates doesn't run Bungie Studios or work on their games.

Now, he can say, "Have it done by THIS date." since, you know, he IS Microsoft and all... But until I hear something out of Bungie's mouth, whatever anyone else says is a load of crap. Which is essentially the way it should always be taken. A for instance to consider.... Before Halo 2 was released Ballmer made some statement that both Halo 2 and 3 were being developed simultaneously. It was pointed out days later by Bungie that Ballmer didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

The point is, Gates can command they have X Release Date, but he doesn't make the games, or have much control over what goes on. So what Bungie says goes.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2005-12-23, 9:42 PM #30
Phoenix wins, you guys lose. The 3 is lopsided, a crappy photoshop.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-23, 9:43 PM #31
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
Gates doesn't run Bungie Studios or work on their games.

Now, he can say, "Have it done by THIS date." since, you know, he IS Microsoft and all... But until I hear something out of Bungie's mouth, whatever anyone else says is a load of crap. Which is essentially the way it should always be taken. A for instance to consider.... Before Halo 2 was released Ballmer made some statement that both Halo 2 and 3 were being developed simultaneously. It was pointed out days later by Bungie that Ballmer didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

The point is, Gates can command they have X Release Date, but he doesn't make the games, or have much control over what goes on. So what Bungie says goes.

Ballmer isn't Gates. Ballmer doesn't fund Bungie. Gates does. If he pulls that funding, there IS no Halo 3, so what he says is 99.999% of the time going to be what we can take to the bank.
D E A T H
2005-12-23, 10:06 PM #32
All I'am going to say is, that I have PERSONALLY seen Halo 3 screenshots, this game is well under way, however, from what I've seen I doubt it will be as good as 1 or 2...
2005-12-23, 10:09 PM #33
All I'am going to say is, that I have PERSONALLY seen Halo 3 screenshots, this game is well under way, however, from what I've seen I doubt it will be as good as 1 or 2...

Hahahahaha. Oh christ that made my Christmas. Thank you.
D E A T H
2005-12-23, 10:10 PM #34

Uh..no you haven't.

But I'll stop there, JUST FOR YOU JEDIGANDALF. No flaming here!
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-23, 10:19 PM #35
LOL! Go here for halo 3 screenshots
2005-12-23, 10:29 PM #36

Wow... aren't you just a comedic genious.
Last Stand
2005-12-24, 1:14 AM #37
heh
2005-12-24, 5:13 AM #38
I've been hearing that the game is pretty much polished and playable, and that it'll be released to rival the PS3's launch.
omnia mea mecum porto
2005-12-24, 5:54 AM #39
Originally posted by Roach:
I've been hearing that the game is pretty much polished and playable, and that it'll be released to rival the PS3's launch.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is at least playable. Games don't just pop up. And the PS3 is rumored to have either a Spring or Fall release, so they'd probably plan for the best (worst?) and have it ready by spring.
D E A T H
2005-12-24, 8:26 AM #40
Originally posted by phoenix_9286:
Wow... aren't you just a comedic genious.

And that joke was funnier than the flash film
I had a blog. It sucked.

↑ Up to the top!