Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Bullocks on Bawls
Bullocks on Bawls
2005-12-23, 10:55 AM #1
Last night a friend and I were eating dinner and we started talking about how neither of us has had Bawls in over a year. So we drive down to the Shop-N-Go and we both buy 4 bottles. We go home and we play some gamecube. On my way home I drank one, when we got home I drank one, and as we were playing gamecube I drank one. I drank 3 Bawls in under 2 hours, and right around the time I drank the third one I got REALLY REALLY tired. I went up stairs after my friend left and fell right asleep....Stupid Bawls.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-12-23, 11:00 AM #2

And we care why?
D E A T H
2005-12-23, 11:11 AM #3
Why is it that i also dont get wired from energy drinks or coffee?

I drink 3 double shots of coffee and fall asleep...
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-12-23, 11:12 AM #4
Whatever
2005-12-23, 11:30 AM #5
Alcohol makes me sleepy *shrug*
/fluffle
2005-12-23, 11:31 AM #6
I think that is a very common effect of alcohol...
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-12-23, 11:32 AM #7
If you find energy drinks do nothing for you, you probably have ADHD. It just makes you more tired/helps you focus.
D E A T H
2005-12-23, 11:53 AM #8
Or it was a caffine overdose :P
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-12-23, 12:08 PM #9
Amphetamines and their relatives calm people with ADHD down. Lots of kids get addicted to speed and meth because they start by taking ADD meds, and then start 'self medicating' because they feel normal and not all distracted.
2005-12-23, 12:33 PM #10
Downing a full 1 liter Coke gives me a pretty bad caffeine rush, but strangely I can drink a LOT of coffee and hardly be affected.
2005-12-23, 1:52 PM #11
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]If you find energy drinks do nothing for you, you probably have ADHD.[/QUOTE]
Wow, what an incredible medical diagnosis. :rolleyes:

More likely it is because the effects of caffiene are COMPLETELY overexaggerated, and vary largely from person to person.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-12-23, 4:41 PM #12
Originally posted by Emon:
More likely it is because the effects of caffiene are COMPLETELY overexaggerated, and vary largely from person to person.

Bingo.

I know a lot of stupid people who almost make themselves "wired" just because "OMG I HAD SOME BAWLS IM SUPER WIRED". It's more of the psychological effect more than anything, to them at least.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-12-23, 4:48 PM #13
My mom refuses to let me have a Pepsi or whatever before I go to bed because caffeine will keep me awake. Only problem with that is caffeine (atleast the amounts in Pepsi) don't effect me one bit. And, to prove it, I had a Pepsi at midnight last night, and right after I finished drinking it I went fast to sleep.

Caffeine is like sugar. Everyone (especially mothers) make it out to be horrible and forbid their kids from having it because 'OMG SUGAR WILL MAKE YOU HYPERZZZ' when, to be realistic, sugar doesn't do a freaking thing (atleast, not to me or any of my friends except one *supposedly*). And because of this, I have a friend who blames not being able to stay up late when we're having a video game marathon on "I didn't get my caffeine today".

His mom FORBIDS (I mean DOESN'T ALLOW IT EVER) him to drink Mountain Dew (ZOMG, Kirby...feel sorry for him?) and Kool-Aid because of the "High amounts of Caffeine and Sugar that they both contain." She knows Kool-Aid doesn't have caffeine, but it's "loaded with sugar!" and doesn't "want him getting hyper off sugar!". That is so BS. Sugar and caffeine should not be kept from a 13 year old because it will "make him hyper".
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-23, 4:50 PM #14

Exactly. Jolt or any kind of energy drink never really give me a buzz. The only time I can feel it's effects is if I'm about to go to bed, and that's only because it takes me a little longer to fall asleep.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2005-12-23, 5:22 PM #15
Wow, what an incredible medical diagnosis. :rolleyes:

Dude, like half of the kids in america have ADHD. It's not that uncommon, so why don't you get off your high horse. The effects DO vary from person to person, but physically, if you're an average male, say 6' 150-170 pounds a few Bawls drinks should give you a slight buzz. More than that and you should start feeling your heartbeat, start shaking, and the "wired" feeling people talk about. PS--if you say soda doesn't do anything to you, there's probably a reason. 360-ish cans of pepsi is what it takes said average male to overdose on pepsi. Only like 60-ish bottles of Bawls. BIG disparity in caffeine dosage.

And I mainly meant that when you see a reversal of effects--tiredness, listlessness, more focus instead of a scatterbrained' effect, you probably have ADHD. Notice I said Probably. Both times. So chill the **** out.
D E A T H
2005-12-23, 5:35 PM #16
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Dude, like half of the kids in america have ADHD.[/QUOTE]
I have an opinion on this too.

Same friend's mom thinks her son has ADHD. Yet, he sits there all day and plays playstation. ALL. DAY. NON. STOP. No way that kid has ADHD.

ADHD does exist, but I think for most parents it's an excuse that makes up for them being a bad parent who was afraid to sit on their kid and settle them down so they don't bounce off the walls.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-23, 5:42 PM #17
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
I have an opinion on this too.

Same friend's mom thinks her son has ADHD. Yet, he sits there all day and plays playstation. ALL. DAY. NON. STOP. No way that kid has ADHD.

ADHD does exist, but I think for most parents it's an excuse that makes up for them being a bad parent who was afraid to sit on their kid and settle them down so they don't bounce off the walls.

It's not an obvious thing--only those with severe ADHD do you see jumping from topic to topic and new thing to new thing every 5 seconds. Those with mild ADHD see backwards effects from amphetamines and other 'uppers'. Their attention span may wane a bit more, but I wouldn't find it hard to believe they play video games all day. Wanna know why? Most the kids that I know that have ADHD play video games all day.
D E A T H
2005-12-23, 5:49 PM #18
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]It's not an obvious thing--only those with severe ADHD do you see jumping from topic to topic and new thing to new thing every 5 seconds. Those with mild ADHD see backwards effects from amphetamines and other 'uppers'. Their attention span may wane a bit more, but I wouldn't find it hard to believe they play video games all day. Wanna know why? Most the kids that I know that have ADHD play video games all day.[/QUOTE]
So why, might I ask, only recently have I (it may have been a problem before, but only recently have I heard it alot) heard about ADHD being a problem? Because parents aren't disciplining their kids and are working or partying or SOMETHIGN all day, and don't want responsibility for their kid's bad behavior.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-23, 5:52 PM #19
How many ADHD kids does it take to change a lightbulb?

Let's go ride bikes!
Stuff
2005-12-23, 6:10 PM #20
Originally posted by kyle90:

Let's go ride bikes!

.....GOLD!
2005-12-23, 6:11 PM #21
Originally posted by kyle90:

Let's go ride bikes!

One of my favorite, jokes, evar.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-23, 6:39 PM #22
So why, might I ask, only recently have I (it may have been a problem before, but only recently have I heard it alot) heard about ADHD being a problem? Because parents aren't disciplining their kids and are working or partying or SOMETHIGN all day, and don't want responsibility for their kid's bad behavior.

How, without the knowledge of how amphetamines and uppers work and their reverse effects on ADHD kids, not to mention the fact that parents are looking further into it being "just kids", would we have been able to diagnose it before? Honestly, before the 50s opium and its many derivatives were popular pasttimes. I don't think they'd be worrying about kids who couldn't pay attentino in class.
D E A T H
2005-12-23, 8:30 PM #23
I have ADHD.
I only take my medicine if I have class or something where I know I'll need to concentrate for any extended period of time.

If it's something I enjoy like games & stuff I don't need anything to help me concentrate. most of the time anyway.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2005-12-23, 10:56 PM #24
SN'T ALLOW IT EVER) him to drink Mountain Dew (ZOMG, Kirby...feel sorry for him?)

You give him hugs, right? I was taking a sip from my MD right when I read that, actually :-P
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-23, 11:31 PM #25
I think ADHD really is legitimate, I just think it's overdiagnosed. But the medication for ADHD is a stimulant, contrary to popular belief (that's why it'll have the opposite effect on people who use it and don't need it)

not that that's actually relevant to the topic, but to the little side conversation. But no, caffene has never actually kept me up that I know of. I have gotten on a sugar high, or at least I thought I was on a sugar high, but then I acted the same way in another instance with no sugar involved and I realized that I was just crazy.
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-12-24, 8:25 AM #26
Originally posted by sugarless5:
I think ADHD really is legitimate, I just think it's overdiagnosed. But the medication for ADHD is a stimulant, contrary to popular belief (that's why it'll have the opposite effect on people who use it and don't need it)

That's what I was trying to say.

I also have another friend who was diagnosed with ADHD, his mom said no meds, and she worked with him and now apart from him being an immature ball of energy I couldn't tell he has ADHD.

Oh and kirby, sorry. I don't. I give him nothing. Also, his mom gives him Caffeine Free Pepsi because she "doesn't want him awake all night because he had caffeine!"
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-24, 8:43 AM #27
I had like six rockstars last night and I started getting slow, lethargic, and stupid, I fell right asleep.

I woke up this morning with a hangover because I never drink soda or caffiene and I always get uber dehydrated.
2005-12-24, 8:45 AM #28
BULLOCKS YOUR FACE!!!!!!! PWNED!!!!!!!!111111oneone!!eleven! :p
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-12-24, 9:10 AM #29

Caffeine is like sugar. Everyone (especially mothers) make it out to be horrible and forbid their kids from having it because 'OMG SUGAR WILL MAKE YOU HYPERZZZ' when, to be realistic, sugar doesn't do a freaking thing (atleast, not to me or any of my friends except one *supposedly*). And because of this, I have a friend who blames not being able to stay up late when we're having a video game marathon on "I didn't get my caffeine today".

His mom FORBIDS (I mean DOESN'T ALLOW IT EVER) him to drink Mountain Dew (ZOMG, Kirby...feel sorry for him?) and Kool-Aid because of the "High amounts of Caffeine and Sugar that they both contain." She knows Kool-Aid doesn't have caffeine, but it's "loaded with sugar!" and doesn't "want him getting hyper off sugar!". That is so BS. Sugar and caffeine should not be kept from a 13 year old because it will "make him hyper".

White refined sugar is poison....pure and simple...it has absolutely no redeeming qualities aside from taste...many people worry about the fat content of their food, while not even considering the sugar content, which is as bad, if not worse than fat. It also causes a long list of other ailments such as Type 2 diabetes, which has practically become an epidemic.

My point is that the effects it has on a person by making them hyper is the LEAST of the problems with sugar...
One way or another, for whatever reason that mother decides, not allowing her children to have sugar laden drinks is the right call...Kids intake too much sugar anyway from so many other snacks and foods...
The top ten times in history when using the "F" word
was appropriate.....
10) "What the *&%# was that?" -Mayor of Hiroshima - August 1945
9) "Where did all these *&%#ing Indians come from?" - Custer 1877
8) "Any *&%#ing idiot could understand that." - Einstein 1938
7) "It does SO *&%#ing look like her!" - Picasso 1926
6) "How the *&%# did you work that out?" - Pythagoras 126 BC
5) "You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo 1566
4) "I don't suppose it's gonna *&%#ing rain." - Joan of Arc 1434
3) "Scattered *&%#ing showers...my a$$!" - Noah 2114 BC
2) "I need this parade like I need a *&%#ing hole in my head!" -
JFK 1963
1) "Aw c'mon, who the *&%# is going to find out?" - Bill Clinton 1997
2005-12-24, 9:11 AM #30
That's what I was trying to say.

I also have another friend who was diagnosed with ADHD, his mom said no meds, and she worked with him and now apart from him being an immature ball of energy I couldn't tell he has ADHD.

Oh and kirby, sorry. I don't. I give him nothing. Also, his mom gives him Caffeine Free Pepsi because she "doesn't want him awake all night because he had caffeine!"

Yeah, like I said most mild ADHD is definitely not that big of a deal, and doesn't require meds.
D E A T H
2005-12-24, 9:34 AM #31
Quote:
Yeah, like I said most mild ADHD is definitely not that big of a deal, and doesn't require meds.

Thank you doctor.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-12-24, 9:36 AM #32
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]Thank you doctor.[/QUOTE]

It's called "common sense." We depend too much on doctors these days.
D E A T H
2005-12-24, 2:39 PM #33
Originally posted by drizzt2k2:
I think that is a very common effect of alcohol...

Well, just when everyones perking up i'll be the one yawning and being less talkative.
/fluffle
2005-12-25, 9:02 AM #34
Caffeine is an addictive stimulant. It affects everyone in one way or another. It increases metabolism, blood pressure, and heart rate, as well as improving one's ability to concentrate when sleepy. What many of you fail to realize is that small doses of caffeine are having very little affect on you because you're already consuming too much and have developed an immunity (for lack of a better term). However, large doses of caffeine affect everyone, despite how much you consume on a regular basis.

↑ Up to the top!