Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → shopping for WoW
shopping for WoW
2005-12-24, 11:54 AM #1
so i'm going to be getting WoW and a 60 day access card so i can play this coming semester and after the 60 days decide if it's worth another $26 or $30...

my question to you all is this:
where can i find the cheapest copy of WoW?
GameStop.com has it for $49 but amazon is only $39
i'm going to check walmart later today or monday... i was hoping to find a sale going for xmas but no luck yet.
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2005-12-24, 11:56 AM #2
try froogle.
2005-12-24, 11:58 AM #3
If you have a friend who already plays I think blizz still has a promotion going that lets current subscribers buy it for 19.99 after rebate.
2005-12-24, 11:59 AM #4
Connection: interesting... i found the rebate form. so if i bought it all i'd need is someone's account name and info (i have several friends who'd be willing to do that) and it'd end up being $20...

does the game come with 30 days free like it used to? if it does i'll go ahead and buy today and get a game card later.
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2005-12-24, 12:16 PM #5
It does. But to activate your free month you need to either give them your credit card number or add a game card to your account.
2005-12-24, 12:58 PM #6
i can give them a CC number then add a game card later.
i just bought it for $39.99 at walmart... the rebate will give me $20 back eventually, heh.
2005-12-24, 2:24 PM #7
I picked up a game card for 29 bucks yesterday, I'm VERY happy. :D I also got a legit copy of Max Payne 2 for my birthday (I only a had a 'backup' copy ;)! Good times.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-12-24, 8:52 PM #8
froogle found me game cards for $22... will be getting one of those after pay day ;) right now i'm still technically on the trial time until tuesday then my "first month" which comes with the game starts... so i have a month to decide how i want to pay heh
2005-12-24, 9:41 PM #9
If someone gets it for you, $16.00.
2005-12-25, 6:37 AM #10
Anovis: huh?

↑ Up to the top!