Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Lookin for a game.
Lookin for a game.
2005-12-26, 9:37 AM #1
Im looking for an RTS [Prefferably downloadable\freeware\ where you get
A. Level Editor with game
B. AI bots
C. You can simply [with the editor] set up two ai armys to duke it out while you watch.

Not starcraft! I have that game!
2005-12-26, 9:58 AM #2
Warcraft III?
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-12-26, 10:23 AM #3
Thats not exactly free. :p
Life is beautiful.
2005-12-26, 2:42 PM #4
Blitzkrieg 2.

This game is awesome. It's not -exactly- what you want, but I'm in love with it right now.
2005-12-26, 5:26 PM #5
Sacrifice
Homeworld, Homeworld 2?
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2005-12-26, 5:39 PM #6
Did you not READ HIS POST??? He said the key word "Free"...

Look I don't know what you might want, but there was an RTS engine that I found some years ago, but I never got it to work cause it was in a different language. They may have translated it by now, look for ORTS (Open Source RTS), but I doubt that will be of much use.

On a side note, I too have been looking for an RTS that I could mod and make missions and stuff. I thought of Age Of Empires II: Age of Kings, but that thing need 235+ sprites for the majority of units, and plus the fact that they've got some horrible palletes and colormap thingys that make the editing EXTREMELY difficult. I don't mean to take control of your thread or anything, but to any one reading this, if you know of a free/open source RTS that can be modded, please post it here.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-12-26, 11:52 PM #7
ORTS doesn't like my comp :gbk: And yes its in english...
2005-12-27, 8:25 AM #8
Ground Control 1 is freeware as far as I know.
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2005-12-27, 8:50 AM #9
yep ground control 1 is still free
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-12-27, 11:02 AM #10
Is it modable? I.E. Changing the unit/sprites/models/ to your own choosing?
Does it meet his expectations?
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-12-27, 5:50 PM #11
You are pretty damn stupid if you expect to find a full game with an editor and everything for free. Sheesh.

Get a job. Get money. Sell your body. I don't care, but this is no better than a beggar, yo..
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2005-12-28, 12:22 PM #12
I bet MB doesn't approve.
nope.

↑ Up to the top!