Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Need Charity PHP Doner!
Need Charity PHP Doner!
2005-12-26, 12:13 PM #1
CoolMatty, AKA Ashley decided to opt out of my Web Comic project. Now I'm in dire need of a PHP/CSS Webdesigner who's willing to put together a comic site with some advanced scripts [not your average news scripts] and whatnot within the next month or 2. I can't pay the person now, but if the site makes money, your regular price will be paid in full. Please don't show interest if you can't do it [LIKE OTHER PEOPLE!]. Thanks in advance!

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-26, 12:27 PM #2
what exactly would it need to do?
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-12-26, 1:02 PM #3
I can do fairly advanced web apps, but I never touch PHP. Give me Perl or give me death.

Sorry.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-12-26, 1:35 PM #4
Yeah, you need to present more details on your project. Think of how contractors work on construction. You lay out the entire schematics then contractors bid on the project and you pick the one with the best bid.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-12-26, 4:21 PM #5
PHP/CSS? that's an odd job description. It's very rare that a single person would do both in a single project.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-12-26, 4:31 PM #6
Here's what I'm hoping to get:

The site will have a header with the site’s logo or text in it. Below this will be some links organized into boxes, similar to my site [Zentatsu.com] or WhoPissedYouOff.com. The top links will be:

News | Comic | Archive | Forums | Links | Contacts

Then you have the comic aligned to the left with space for a banner ad to the right. Just below the comic [but aligned with the comic] will be the comic buttons:

FIRST | PREVIOUS | ARCHIVE | NEXT | LAST

No arrows or graphics, just text.
Below all that will be a footer with the copyright and whatnot on it. All of this should align to form a nice minimalist boxy feel.

Every other page is aligned identically to this, except the “comics” part is replaced by the content for that page. The comic navigation is removed for every other page besides the news. News can be navigated just like comics.

The news script should stack news from oldest on top, most recent on the bottom. The news page will reset for each new uploaded comic. That way, the original news post for the latest comic will appear on top, and the latest news post will be on the bottom.

The admin scripts requires multi-news posters/users. The news posting doesn’t need to be fancy, but BBScript or some scripting language would be preferred over HTML. Each poster should have an admin defined avatar. Every news poster should have a separate box on the “Contacts” page with their avatar next to their name and some other user-defined information. Users should ONLY have the ability to post news and update their avatar. My admin account will have comic posting abilities, as well as link posting.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-26, 4:36 PM #7
The archives WOULDN'T need search scripts, as I don't have the patience to input all the scripts for the comics for searching and whatnot.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-26, 4:44 PM #8
What are you looking for in the way of eye candy?

Also, what type of server would this run on?
2005-12-26, 4:46 PM #9
Minimalistic. I hate bloated designs.

This'd be running on CM's server, so perl is available. I don't know any of the other specs, but it's all very nice. CM's also usually willing to upgrade something or install something [free] if I ask nicely.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-26, 4:57 PM #10
What about bNews? (Brad's news system ya?)

I'm no good with parsing.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-12-26, 4:59 PM #11
If he'd donate the script for free..... ^_^ Like I said, I'm definetly going to make a best effort to pay whomever helps with this, but at the moment, I've got no funds to pay for such a thing.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-26, 6:09 PM #12
bNews is free

at least it was the last time I checked
一个大西瓜
2005-12-26, 6:20 PM #13
Originally posted by JediKirby:
This'd be running on CM's server, so perl is available. I don't know any of the other specs, but it's all very nice. CM's also usually willing to upgrade something or install something [free] if I ask nicely.

Sounds good.

Id be willing to do it. For free, of course.
2005-12-26, 6:36 PM #14
You need iStrip. Google for it. It's a really nice program. [url]www.thinkin-lincoln.com[/url] uses it. It sets up your comics for you practically.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-12-27, 12:50 AM #15
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]You need iStrip. Google for it. It's a really nice program. [url]www.thinkin-lincoln.com[/url] uses it. It sets up your comics for you practically.[/QUOTE]
win
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT

↑ Up to the top!