Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Serenity DVD
Serenity DVD
2005-12-26, 1:33 PM #1
so after swapping the FS copy of Serenity that was under the tree for a good WS copy i opened it and found there's no booklet or even a chapter listing on the inside left of the case...
is it supposed to be that way or am i missing something?

(can't wait to watch it tonight when my brother gets home from work! i only got to see it once in the cinema)
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2005-12-26, 1:44 PM #2
All mine has is a lame ad for Battlestar Galactica and something else inside.

I'm a bit disappointed, really.

(PS: I'm in love with Malcom Reynolds. And Simon Tam.)
2005-12-26, 3:23 PM #3
Everyone found the easter egg about Fruity Oaty bars?
"And lo, let us open up into the holy book of Proxy2..." -genk
His pot is blacker than his kettle!
2005-12-26, 6:03 PM #4
Quote:

I did now.

and mine didn't come with a chapter list either.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."
2005-12-26, 6:05 PM #5
I'm guessing little theatre success = cheap DVDs?

:(
2005-12-26, 6:52 PM #6
Originally posted by LordVirus:

I stumbled onto it accidentially last night. It made me go "what the f***" until it ended, then I realized it was an egg. I was just trying to play the movie after running through the extras.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-12-26, 7:11 PM #7
Wait, people actually use those stupid chapter descriptions?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-12-26, 7:27 PM #8
where's the egg? i want to see it ;)

Wolfy: no, i don't use them... but it's nice to have. makes the case feel less empty hehe
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2005-12-26, 8:22 PM #9
Ooh, I wanna see that easter egg now.

I loved the extras; especially the outtakes: "Get a few of these bodies and rope them together; I want them laid out on the hull. Make sure Book is front and center, he was our friend and we want to honour him. Also, where's that little kid; we'll need a hood ornament..."
Stuff
2005-12-26, 8:52 PM #10
Theres an outtake video that they showed at the serenity convention that wasn't on the DVD... I didn't get to see it but one part I heard was pretty funny:

Malcom Reynolds goes into the chamber with the backup broadcast thingy that's "hard to get to." He goes in, see's that there's no walkway and says "Hard to get to...that's a fact. Aw F*** it." *walks back down the hall.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-12-26, 11:07 PM #11
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]
(PS: I'm in love with Malcom Reynolds...)[/QUOTE]

ME TOO. him and wash
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-12-26, 11:42 PM #12
Originally posted by kyle90:
Ooh, I wanna see that easter egg now.

I loved the extras; especially the outtakes: "Get a few of these bodies and rope them together; I want them laid out on the hull. Make sure Book is front and center, he was our friend and we want to honour him. Also, where's that little kid; we'll need a hood ornament..."

"Did you hear us arguing?"
"No...."
"TRAAAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I think my personal favorite is when Mal and Wash start arguing over who should drive.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-12-27, 12:29 AM #13
I opened my Sin City and there was no disc one. I thought this was going to be one of those stories...

Wash: I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
Mal: The chicken's come home to roost.
[bang]
Mal: What the hell was that?
Wash: It's okay, I'm a leaf on the wind!
Mal: What does that mean?

...best dialogue ever.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-12-27, 3:39 AM #14
Serenity == <3
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2005-12-27, 3:49 AM #15
OMG LANDFISH

/me humps
//me demands irc action
2005-12-27, 6:53 AM #16
on a related note: last year for my bday or xmas (can't remember which) my brother got me RotK extended edition and when i opened it the second disc was missing, heh... thankfully walmart let me swap the whole thing out.
2005-12-27, 10:00 AM #17
one more week martyn, then you can irc hump me to your heart's delight
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2005-12-28, 5:44 AM #18
yeah baby yeah!
2005-12-28, 9:17 AM #19
woohoo, i got firefly today
2005-12-28, 11:06 AM #20
Woohoo, I got an iPod adapter, installation kit, and wiring harness for the CD player I got for Christmas. This gift has cost me almost $150!
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-12-28, 7:50 PM #21
Among other things one of my sisters got me the Firefly DVDs and Serenity. I didn't think I would, but I like it. Jayne is a favorite.

I saw serenity a while ago, all I could think was that Mal was Han Solo.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-12-28, 8:12 PM #22
Han has good witty humour... Mal has awesomely witty lines
;)
2005-12-29, 4:52 PM #23
Just thought i'd give it a mention, watching Film 2005 with Jonathan Ross and Serenity has been voted #1 in the top 10 films of 2005.

If I recall correctly, the running went:

1. Serenity
2. Batman Begins
3. Sin City
4. EP3
5. Crash
6. Harry Potter
7. Wallace and Gromit
8. War of the Worlds
9. Sideways
10. Team America

This will be great publicity leading up to the UK DVD release.
2005-12-29, 7:09 PM #24
SERENITY IS SO ****ING HOT AND SEXY AND MIGHT I SAY

ORSON SCOTT CARD SAID THAT SERENITY IS THE BEST SCIENCE FICTION MOVIE OF ALL TIME*

SERENITY IS ALSO SWEET

mmmm

*this is true
2005-12-29, 7:11 PM #25
Q.F.T. WITHOUT THE Q

↑ Up to the top!