Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Glass of STFU doesn't need a new design...
Glass of STFU doesn't need a new design...
2005-12-26, 7:16 PM #1
...it needs updates! Yay! GoS now has it's old design and it's now being updated! Now that I've finished some major projects of mine, I'm playing Guild Wars and hanging with friends, and also updating [url]www.glassofstfu.com[/url] So for the three of you (Yes, I know there is actually three :/) that care, it's back.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-12-26, 7:45 PM #2
What's that object that is falling (before the explosion)? A shell? :confused:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-12-26, 7:55 PM #3
Space capsule
[http://www.gulf-shores-alabama.net/images/blue-angel-museum-space-capsule.jpg]
2005-12-26, 8:06 PM #4
A space capsule causes a nuclear explosion?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-12-26, 8:44 PM #5
Yay. I'm one of the 3, right? I have it bookmarked.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-26, 9:32 PM #6
i'm sorry, i don't find it funny :(
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-12-26, 9:37 PM #7
All of the strips are the same with different dialogue :(
一个大西瓜
2005-12-26, 9:50 PM #8
...you actually bought a domain for that garbage?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-12-26, 9:53 PM #9
That was weak. You can do better than 5th grade insults.

Then again, I don't give a crap what you think, Glass of STFU used to have over 1,000 visitors a month at one point, so I must be doing something right. I started posting about the site, and then suddenly by word of mouth one month my visitors just skyrocketed. (Picture of stats from August)
Attachment: 9479/GoSstats.jpg (91,049 bytes)
2005-12-26, 10:04 PM #10
But then it dropped. That must have been when you started to copy and paste all your panels.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-12-26, 10:10 PM #11
Quote:
But then it dropped. That must have been when you started to copy and paste all your panels.

It dropped from an average of 37 viewers a day to 35 viewers a day...Oooooo!!! OH NO! Second of all, I think you might be slow. When I started to copy and paste all my panels? The style of my comic is based on the style used in [url]www.qwantz.com[/url] ...Incase you didn't notice THE ARTWORK DOESN'T CHANGE FOR A REASON.
2005-12-26, 10:14 PM #12
I'm sure you've heard this before but... that's nothing but a brutal ddc rip... ??? except... meh!
2005-12-26, 10:32 PM #13
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]Glass of STFU doesn't need a new design...[/QUOTE]

...it needs a working FAQ! :p
2005-12-26, 10:35 PM #14
>.> Uh oh. /fixes FAQ
2005-12-26, 11:46 PM #15
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]It dropped from an average of 37 viewers a day to 35 viewers a day...Oooooo!!! OH NO! Second of all, I think you might be slow. When I started to copy and paste all my panels? The style of my comic is based on the style used in [url]www.qwantz.com[/url] ...Incase you didn't notice THE ARTWORK DOESN'T CHANGE FOR A REASON.[/QUOTE]

Wait, did you just admit to ripping off Qwantz? One comic like that is fine and even funny, but two? Come on, be original.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-12-26, 11:57 PM #16
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]That was weak. You can do better than 5th grade insults.[/QUOTE]

... i'm sorry for having an opinion
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-12-26, 11:59 PM #17
You're fat.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-27, 6:19 AM #18
yeah, i didnt even laugh at that.
2005-12-27, 6:34 AM #19
P****!
P****!
P****!
P****!
May I borrow a quarter?

Yeah sorry, no. Maybe you got thousands of hits because you were ALOD or something.
2005-12-27, 6:37 AM #20
If you get ALOD you get tens of thousands of hits, sometimes hundreds of thousands.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-12-27, 7:00 AM #21
Well I don't know then.

All I know is that, for the past year he's only uploaded a tiny handful of comics. Even if they were funny (and they're not), it's not enough to sustain any sort of traffic.
2005-12-27, 7:42 AM #22
Comics 1 - 4 1/2 weren't regular comics, those were all posted at once to test the site. Comics actually START at #5, I just never got around to renumbering each individual comic.
2005-12-27, 9:36 AM #23
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]It dropped from an average of 37 viewers a day to 35 viewers a day...Oooooo!!! OH NO! Second of all, I think you might be slow. When I started to copy and paste all my panels? The style of my comic is based on the style used in [url]www.qwantz.com[/url] ...Incase you didn't notice THE ARTWORK DOESN'T CHANGE FOR A REASON.[/QUOTE]

You found 35 people who like potty humor. Did you post a link ot the site at your local grade school?
2005-12-27, 10:35 AM #24
My brain cells are commiting suicide. Before they die, they ask "WHY?"
2005-12-27, 1:35 PM #25
SAJN knows what I'm thinking.
nope.
2005-12-27, 1:39 PM #26
Just read the latest comic, and please tell me that isn't the best that you have. I mean, if I wanted to hear that I'd start a fight at school with an 8th grader.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-12-27, 1:53 PM #27
[http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/stevenvaladez/Stuff/tanks.gif]
2005-12-27, 1:53 PM #28
quadruple <3
2005-12-27, 2:02 PM #29
The only one I really like is the Communist one.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-12-27, 2:17 PM #30
Originally posted by MBeggar:
The only one I really like is the Communist one.

2005-12-27, 2:24 PM #31
Quote:
Your mom's a slut.
Dude, don't start this crap again. You lost, pay up.
Okay, okay, I'm just saying dude, she sucks everyones ****
God your a moron.
EVERYONES!
It's true though, she really does blow everyone.

Right. :rolleyes:
2005-12-27, 3:44 PM #32
I don't care. Other people like it. You guys don't have too. Just because 90% of the community here is a bunch of elitist a**holes with way too much free time, means nothing to me. You wonder why you guys always scare away new people. You guys enjoy being mean. I've never seen people that ENJOY being mean, but you guys must enjoy it, because you obviously can't ignore this thread, you feel the need to post on it and be jerks. Have fun being miserable guys.
2005-12-27, 3:58 PM #33
rod nog stop taking the internet seriously
2005-12-27, 4:07 PM #34
While I'm not miserable, I do enjoy being mean.
2005-12-27, 6:30 PM #35
Meh, I don't find the comics terribly funny, but I don't find them unfunny at the same time... I've giggled at a few but never loled or anything, maybe it's the lame jokes and the stupid cut & paste template used in every comic, maybe it's the lame idea behind it.... but it amuses me somewhat.

Just do more, get more comics out and maybe with time the jokes will get better, I garentee that even if massassi don't like it, you'll find an audiance SOMEWHERE who will.
The Gas Station
2005-12-27, 6:59 PM #36
Just keep making them and they will improve with practice, and as you become more comfortable with the template. "Improve" doesn't necessarily mean funnier to the people here so much as more true to what the comic itself can become. It seems like it took a while for Ryan North to become fully comfortable with the Qwantz layout, and now he's able to do all kinds of things with it. His first comics were incredibly restricted by the layout, with the stomping thing being important but then it faded into the daily routine.

Speaking of layout, I'm not too sure about yours... one thing about Qwantz is that none of the panels are identical. Compare that to Death to the Extremist, where every single panel is identical. The flow of the two are dramatically different. I don't know what you're going for with the two identical panels followed by an explosion layout, it places such a strong emphasis on the final panel. And since the character(?) of the space capsule never appeared previously in the comic, it makes the flow even more difficult...

Of course if you do 600+ of these, the explosion might fall into the daily routine as well. But whereas Qwantz' routine is usually concluded by a revelation or follow-up on the situation, yours might be concluded by miscellaneous destruction, a forced punchline or just a nonsense phrase.

I don't know, hope this helped. You weren't getting too many constructive comments...
2005-12-27, 7:35 PM #37
I thought most of them were funny, but then I've always been told I have an odd sense of humor.
2005-12-28, 12:19 AM #38
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]I don't care. Other people like it. You guys don't have too. Just because 90% of the community here is a bunch of elitist a**holes with way too much free time, means nothing to me. You wonder why you guys always scare away new people. You guys enjoy being mean. I've never seen people that ENJOY being mean, but you guys must enjoy it, because you obviously can't ignore this thread, you feel the need to post on it and be jerks. Have fun being miserable guys.[/QUOTE]

1) People also like entertaining the idea that Hitler was a great and righteous man. Ponder on that for a bit.

2) We're not a bunch of elitist *******s--we just think before we post and we analyze ****. It's called intelligence.

3) I don't like the comic because it's a DIRECT rip off of Qwantz. Christ, be original, do your own ****. There's a reason people like comics where people make their own art (or at least take the time to organize the art a la sprite comics)--it takes time and effort, and the time and effort shows. All yours takes is a few words here and there. And before you defend yourself with Qwantz--it was an original idea. Yours is not.

Also, realize you have a thousand unique hits on the INTERNET. I've seen ****ty keenspot comics get tens of thousands, a thousand is a drop in the pond.
D E A T H
2005-12-28, 12:33 AM #39
No, people here are elitists. That's also old news.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-12-28, 9:05 AM #40
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]I don't care. Other people like it. You guys don't have too. Just because 90% of the community here is a bunch of elitist a**holes with way too much free time, means nothing to me. You wonder why you guys always scare away new people. You guys enjoy being mean. I've never seen people that ENJOY being mean, but you guys must enjoy it, because you obviously can't ignore this thread, you feel the need to post on it and be jerks. Have fun being miserable guys.[/QUOTE]

Disliking blatant, yet poor attempts to be offensive hardly qualifies as elitism.

↑ Up to the top!