Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Courtney Love Does the Math
Courtney Love Does the Math
2005-12-29, 1:23 PM #1
On why the RIAA is failing and boning the artist *language near the end* -Really really really long

RIAA's response

I'm with her on this, stupid Recording Industry
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-12-29, 2:34 PM #2
I read this a while back.

**** THE SYSTEM.
2005-12-29, 2:35 PM #3
i misread it as Courtney Love Does the Meth.
2005-12-29, 2:40 PM #4
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]i misread it as Courtney Love Does the Meth.[/QUOTE]

Well, that too, but... :p

But I agree. The record industry has completely overstepped it bounds, and is choking the life out of music.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-12-29, 3:18 PM #5
Originally posted by Nightwind:
But I agree. The record industry has completely overstepped it bounds, and is shoking the life out of music.

and how the RIAA and its buddies are pressurizing apple to up the cost of songs on iTunes is another example.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2005-12-29, 5:03 PM #6
I. Love. Courtney. Love.

She read Snow Crash by Neal Stephenson. She quoted him at the end: "A great writer named Neal Stephenson said that America does four things better than any other country in the world: rock music, movies, software and high-speed pizza delivery. All of these are sacred American art forms. "

<3
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-12-29, 5:09 PM #7
wow, here I was thinking courtney Love was just some talentless slayg who killed the bloke from Nirvana.

Thanks to that speech, I now hate the music companies more, and courtney love...slightly less.

.. she's still a talentless bimbo I say. But she spins a good yarn.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-12-29, 5:25 PM #8
That speech defies everything I know about Courtney love. If she really said it, I do have a tad bit more respect for her, but not much.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2005-12-29, 5:37 PM #9
I agree with it. Have for years, as a matter of fact.
Pissed Off?
2005-12-29, 7:28 PM #10
Originally posted by Nubs:
That speech defies everything I know about Courtney love. If she really said it, I do have a tad bit more respect for her, but not much.

Exactly what I said after reading the ENTIRE THING.

I know a few guys who almost made it big in the music business. Had a band up here that was REALLY nice. A record company wanted to sign them [the story is going to sound fake because I can't remember which record company it was, or their band name. I know the lead singer's name, though!] but one of their parents is a lawyer, read their contract, did this same math, and told the boys to give the record company back their pieces of paper because they were making more at JCPennies.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-12-29, 7:37 PM #11
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Exactly what I said after reading the ENTIRE THING.

I know a few guys who almost made it big in the music business. Had a band up here that was REALLY nice. A record company wanted to sign them [the story is going to sound fake because I can't remember which record company it was, or their band name. I know the lead singer's name, though!] but one of their parents is a lawyer, read their contract, did this same math, and told the boys to give the record company back their pieces of paper because they were making more at JCPennies.

JediKirby

I'm glad that my parents are better than that. :(

And don't worry Kirbs, I believe you, anything can happen in Minnesota.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-12-29, 7:55 PM #12
Haha. The name of the band was:

"And Then I Turned 7"

I talked to his old girlfriend and asked.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ

↑ Up to the top!