Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hardware troubles (Help!)
Hardware troubles (Help!)
2003-12-21, 10:23 AM #1
k, so I like buy some RAM (PC100, 128 MB SDRAM) on saturday and stuff, so I bring it home and today install it and such, plug it in. having to move some IDE cables out of the way.

So I plug it in, close the case, yadda yadda. boot it up. BAM....nothing happens, Moniters pluged in, everythings plugged in, etc etc. checked many times, no luck. Some normal booting up sounds from the machine, but very few and no logo on the screen.

So I take the RAM out, still. somethings wrong.
No boot, just like before.

So yeah, theres also a Ton of dust in there, but thats been there even before I installed the RAM, so I doubt that would have anything to do with it, once again I touched the case and such and took propor precautions

So ....yeah any ideas whats wrong?

------------------
"In the memory you'll find me. Eyes burning up.
The darkness holding me tightly.
Untill the sun rises up."
*insert some joke about pasta and fruit scuffles*
2003-12-21, 10:39 AM #2
Is your monitor turned on?

Shouldn't this thread be in the Tech Forum?

------------------
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
Yahoo! Name : jedibruintone77
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2003-12-21, 10:40 AM #3
I had the EXACT same problem as you, EXACT. It took me a while to realize i had to put the RAM in a certain order, and that I had a cable unplugged. All I can say is poke around and see what's up, and make sure the biggest stick of ram is in the first slot. Happy hunting! :/

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2003-12-21, 11:33 AM #4
DJ yoshi, mind posting your story / contact info. so we can talk about it and maybe come up with a solution?

------------------
2003-12-21, 11:52 AM #5
DUDE! Thank you so much! it worked! all I had to do was swap places and take the old ram out.

w00t!

------------------
2003-12-21, 4:23 PM #6
No problem [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]. Some motherboards are fickle with RAM, stupid Intel 810 :/.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2003-12-22, 2:55 AM #7
For installing ram , You move the first Ram chip to another Case , and do the same with the others , then place your new RAM chip where your First RAM chip was located

[This message has been edited by AlieNiZeD (edited December 22, 2003).]

↑ Up to the top!