Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → A blog shall follow you clicking on this link.
A blog shall follow you clicking on this link.
2006-02-03, 5:06 PM #1
Let's start off with a backstory. Few days ago, I learned that this girl who I find attractive and enjoy being around really likes me. Naturally, I am overjoyed.

Last night I had a dream that I asked her out, and she didn't like me any more and I was confused since she had been head over heels for me the day prior. Then I woke up, and realized "Thank God...it's a dream..she really does like me", and decided this dream did not bode well. I was planning on asking her out today.

I asked her. She said yes. I was overjoyed, and I'm still overjoyed. But it's Friday night, she's in Indianappolis taking her cousin to the airport, so I can't even call her to talk to her. Oh, and I live out of town so even if she was in town I couldn't take her to a movie or anything.

I am deeply saddened at this. Oh, and my school doesn't do "dances". It's a Christian school, and it sucks. I really wish I'd gone to public for middle school.

:( Offer words of wisdom on how you think I may be able to do something with this girl because I want to do something with her badly as opposed to just spending time on the phone together and in between classes.

:( I just sounded really emo, didn't I.

Zloc
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-02-03, 5:08 PM #2
Why don't you just slit your wrists because your life is so miserable, emo boy!

:cool:
2006-02-03, 5:08 PM #3
Don't be stupid.

There's something you can do.
2006-02-03, 5:09 PM #4
<Genki> ITS FRIDAY NIGHT, GO KNOCK HER UP
<Vinny> maybe your dreams have nothing to do with anything because they're just the random firing of synapses
<Zloc> Genks, I have no way of getting into town.
<Genki> sucks to be you!
<Zloc> Otherwise I'd most likely be somewhere with her right now
<Zloc> YES.
<Zloc> YES IT DOES.
<Gebohq> hehehe
<Zloc> And then she's in Indianappolis taking her cousin to the airport, so I can't even call her...:(
<Gebohq> poor Zloc
<Genki> no school dances on this friday night?
<Zloc> Genki, Christian school
<Genki> lawl
<Zloc> Baptists don't dance, and Baptists are Christian
<Zloc> my school blows
<Gebohq> uh
<Zloc> I really wish I'd gone to public for middle school.
<Gebohq> we had dances at St. Mary's...
<Zloc> Well then my school royally sucks

sucks to be you!
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-02-03, 5:09 PM #5
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare:
Why don't you just slit your wrists because your life is so miserable, emo boy!

:cool:

Because I'm not wearing eyeshadow and don't hate my parents?
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-02-03, 5:13 PM #6
Hehe...dancing at a Babtist school.

*chuckle*
2006-02-03, 5:16 PM #7
I'm still confused. She said yes -- it sounds like you'll get to do stuff soon enough, just not right this instant. Um... patience?

If you're just asking for ideas on things to do when you get the chance, uh.... is there anything wrong with dinner and a movie?
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-02-03, 5:18 PM #8
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:

I'm wearing eyeshadow, and I hate YOU parents. >,>

Don't be so uptight about this.

If you act too clingy and emotional she'll go off you real fast.

My final thought of the day:

You're like 14 yrs old, relax, you have other things to worry about aside from girls.

Like, boys... kicking your *** for lunch money and what not.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-02-03, 5:20 PM #9
There's a time and place for everything.

And it's called College.

(that's when you'll meet the one)

(and get a divorce 20 years later)
2006-02-03, 5:21 PM #10
OK, be patient. I don't have a problem with this.

But honestly, I know I shouldn't obsess over this girl, and I won't, but shouldn't I atleast call her?

Oh well. I can call her tommorrow..and Monday is only a few days away...maybe I'll just wait to talk to her then.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-02-03, 5:21 PM #11
I can vaguely remember sometihng about Jesus dancing, but then he was Jewish, so that doesn't really count. :p

Anyway, sucks to be you.
nope.
2006-02-03, 5:23 PM #12
It's better to be far away from someone who has feelings for you than to be so close to the girl that you would like to be with... and to have her not return the feeling.

You think you're emo!?
2006-02-03, 5:25 PM #13
I don't consider myself emo. I was joking, because I knew if I didn't put the joke in their someone would call me an emo kid.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-02-03, 5:30 PM #14
OK, be patient. I don't have a problem with this.

But honestly, I know I shouldn't obsess over this girl, and I won't, but shouldn't I atleast call her?

Oh well. I can call her tommorrow..and Monday is only a few days away...maybe I'll just wait to talk to her then.

three day rule man, pagewizard would tell you the same
2006-02-03, 5:31 PM #15
Two words: Cheap Motel.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2006-02-03, 5:34 PM #16
If there's anything I've learned about gbk, it's not to trust his girl advice.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-02-03, 5:37 PM #17
Tell your parents about you 2. That's the BEST advice I can give you for an underage relationship. If they care about you, they'll help you 2 grow as a couple by driving you to see eachother. It's REALLY hard to remain a couple if this isn't an element in your relationship.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-02-03, 5:54 PM #18
Kirby = good advice

GBK = awful! Seriously hang thy head in shaaammme! :p
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-02-03, 6:02 PM #19

ACtually, emo's rarely wear eye shadow.

Eye liner is what you are looking for.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-02-03, 6:03 PM #20
It's admirable that he doesn't know the difference.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-02-03, 6:08 PM #21
If there's anything I've learned about gbk, it's not to trust his girl advice.

:o
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2006-02-03, 6:37 PM #22
Originally posted by Spook:
ACtually, emo's rarely wear eye shadow.

Eye liner is what you are looking for.

Liner, shadow. It's make up either way :p
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-02-04, 8:09 AM #23
Originally posted by Gebohq:
If you're just asking for ideas on things to do when you get the chance, uh.... is there anything wrong with dinner and a movie?

Yes. Way too many chances for awkward silences. Especially for a middle school date, I imagine.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-02-04, 8:14 AM #24
Am I the only one that doesn't see a point in 'going out' when you're 13?
woot!
2006-02-04, 8:17 AM #25
when i was ickle all the other boys and girls always wanted to go out with each other.

then one day, aged 11, i went up to kirsty and ben doige and said "so you're going out? where you going to? The cinema? The playground?"

they looked at me confused, they didnt know how to answer, cos going out was just a term grown ups used.

I laughed at those kids, even tho i never had a gf back then. :(
Code:
  do her}
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-02-04, 10:32 AM #26
Originally posted by CadetLee:
Am I the only one that doesn't see a point in 'going out' when you're 13?

Nope.

Then again, most kids in middle school (Junior High here) don't actually 'go out'. They just walk around the hallways holding hands.

I did it with my friend Trevor one day. We almost got suspended.
2006-02-04, 10:36 AM #27
Well, congrats on actually going out with someone. :(

Movies are pretty good, when you don't know what to say you can just watch the movie. Don't do too many movie dates in a row though, they get boring.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-02-04, 10:36 AM #28
Originally posted by Spook:
Nope.

Then again, most kids in middle school (Junior High here) don't actually 'go out'. They just walk around the hallways holding hands.

I did it with my friend Trevor one day. We almost got suspended.

SUE THE SCHOOL!
2006-02-04, 10:45 AM #29
That is kind of stupid. "Can't hold boys hands!"
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-02-04, 10:51 AM #30
But it's UNGODLY
2006-02-04, 10:54 AM #31
Originally posted by Zell:
:(

jealousy poisons the soul, son. remember that.
2006-02-04, 11:01 AM #32
Actually they told us to knock it off once.

Then the faux gay sex on the lunchroom tables almost got us suspended.

Should have specified. :D
2006-02-04, 11:39 AM #33
Originally posted by Anovis:
Hehe...dancing at a Babtist school.

*chuckle*

I dance. And I'm Baptist. Well, a Reformed Baptist that has gone to Presbyterian churches all his life. Oddly enough, every time we go to a new presbyterian church, the preaches does a six month long course on infant baptism. :p

Originally posted by Ruthven:
when i was ickle all the other boys and girls always wanted to go out with each other.

then one day, aged 11, i went up to kirsty and ben doige and said "so you're going out? where you going to? The cinema? The playground?"

they looked at me confused, they didnt know how to answer, cos going out was just a term grown ups used.

I laughed at those kids, even tho i never had a gf back then. :(

Oh man... I really hated my life at 9-12. Everyone was obsessed with boyfriends and girlfriends, and they didn't have a clue what it was all about. It was one big immature mess. It drove me slightly insane, and more than slightly cynical.
2006-02-04, 11:49 AM #34
Yeah Obi..that is stupid, when all it really consists of is writing the other person's name on your notebook 741 times, but I think this girl has more sense than that.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-02-04, 12:42 PM #35
Oh, and my school doesn't do "dances".

I think it is time that you take matters in your own hands.

*coughwheezeFootloosecoughsnifflecough*
2006-02-04, 1:02 PM #36
But Chris Penn is dead, it just won't work.
nope.
2006-02-04, 1:12 PM #37
I think that everything up until you're 15 or 16 is just puberty. Right now, I'm wanting a girl really bad, but I can tell it's not just hormones and puberty. It's just one of those things you go through...I think the main difference was I felt some pressure that I HAD to have a girl. Now it's just that impulse. Either way, everyone went through it, so calling it stupid is more than slightly hypocritical.

I will, however, wish you luck, and lots of it. You'll need it.
D E A T H
2006-02-04, 1:20 PM #38
Originally posted by SMOCK!:
Yes. Way too many chances for awkward silences. Especially for a middle school date, I imagine.

Point. Also, I forgot he was in middle school.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-02-04, 1:23 PM #39
Alright..thanks then Yoshi.

I really feel odd making this comment, but I realize the odd impulses and such I'll get going through puberty, I did not however know that something like this would be one of them. I'm not going to go off on "Yoshi, you're wrong. I completely love this girl" because honestly, I can't really answer this question, and you are most likely right.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-02-04, 2:22 PM #40
Zloc, since hormones are a factor at this stage, though to different amounts depending on the person, you're not really going to be able to tell for sure about your judgement now until you look back on it a few years from now. Not saying that it may not be real, jsut that you won't be able to tell the difference quite yet. And, of cource, when you decide on a philosophy that describes what you consider 'love', unles you become one of those annoying philisophical know-nothings who say it can never be determined and end up divorcing twenty times because you can never get a fix on what you actually want.....

ok, just realized i've become a babbling perhaps slightly insane objectivist again. i'll shut up.

in closing, though, i meant to say you can only really go with the flow for now, though advice is always good, especially kirby's, because parents can be useful on occation. unless it's page's, in which case RUN AWAY!

Alright, seriously shutting up now.
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%

↑ Up to the top!