Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Broken Nose
Broken Nose
2006-02-03, 10:23 PM #1
I broke my nose today playing basketball. Suprisingly it was a cool experiance, for me it measured the threshold of pain I had. My eyes watered and my vision blacked out for a second or two. It didn't seem to hurt though, just a numb, "white" pain, if you understand me. Blood freaking everywhere though... whew all over my jersey. Anyways, to give this thread a point, post the bone(s) you've had broken.
2006-02-03, 10:25 PM #2
Both of my radius arm bones, back in the summer.

I'm sure some of you remember the thread I made saying "holy crap my arms are sore" and then a few hours later posted and said "yeah turns out they were broken."
Stuff
2006-02-03, 10:54 PM #3
I've never broken a bone, but I sprained my ankle something terrible last year. It still feels kind of off.
2006-02-03, 10:56 PM #4
I broke my left middle finger in 8th grade playing basketball, then I broke my right middle finger a year later playing football. Neither have ever been the same. When people ask what bones I've broken in real life I show them both my middle fingers. Teehee :p :rolleyes:
2006-02-03, 11:01 PM #5
I broke my arm in second grade in a bike wreck, although it wasn't "broken", it was a "normal abnormality", so they didn't cast me. I couldn't write legibly for three months.

****ing ******* doctors... :mad:
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-02-03, 11:01 PM #6
Haha Dash.
2006-02-03, 11:08 PM #7
I've never broken anything, not even my heart.
2006-02-03, 11:13 PM #8
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]I've never broken anything, not even my heart.[/QUOTE]

But what if I tell you, " I love you, but I'm not in love with you."?? It's ok baby. Just let it out... *pats Vin on the shoulder*

I broke my spine. The last three vertabrae in my spinal column are completely shattered from a wrestling attack.. I call it an attack because the guy who did it to me meant to cause me bodily harm. Being thrown on one's neck on concrete whilst trying to wrestle on a mat is no fun at all.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-02-03, 11:46 PM #9
Yeah, you're hardcore now.

I bet you got picked last for being short, though.
2006-02-03, 11:49 PM #10
It doesn't hurt as bad the second or third time.

You're right, though. Blood all over the freaking place.

If I break my nose one time, then one more time, I will have broken it five times.
2006-02-04, 12:17 AM #11
damn sorry to hear that monoxide, hope u are ok :)

um I dont know if it's just cuz im a chick or what, I've only ever jammed a finger once when I was playing basketball, a guy threw it too hard and I caught it, but needless to say I scored a perfect 3pointer, straight in, it was beautiful lol

um, never broke bones, got lots of cuts. as a kid I was really tomboyish loved to kick rocks, flip on the bars...one time my teacher said not to dive for the frisbee on the concrete court, so what did I do...I dove for it, cut up pretty bad. I used to like beat up on the boys, I always wanted to be one of the boys, I was a little brutte, so maybe that's why I never got hurt, I was busy hurting other people...and even then, everyone considered me really sweet, which is funny but o well. [/rant]

in conclusion...I've never broken a bone (that I know of)
2006-02-04, 12:24 AM #12
Hmm, never broken any bones.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-02-04, 12:31 AM #13
Broke both bones in my arm, just above the wrist. Clean break. They over lapped in a funky way and had to be set. I got lots of morphine.

My brother had his nose broken in a soccer game two years ago. It was getting it reset that hurt. The doctor stuck a metal rod up his nose and popped it back into place.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-04, 12:39 AM #14
Legs: Both, once each
Right arm: Once
Misc fingers: Three times
Skull fractures: Twice

No joke.
And I have a dull, unfulfilling life.
Go figure.
2006-02-04, 12:46 AM #15
I suppose I have liked all my bones too much to break even one of them.

I'll join the unbreakable club here.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-02-04, 1:27 AM #16
Compound fracture of my left tibia; both my arms have been broken; my right pinky finger was severed playing Hockey (a very bizarre accident), and it was salvaged, luckily.
Quote Originally Posted by Chaz Ghostle
some gay men prefer to have partners with smaller, softer bodies[. . .]It really all comes down to what you like.
2006-02-04, 3:37 AM #17
Wow, I think HoodWinker wins with the whole loss of limb/pinky going on there!

I broke my middle finger on my right hand playing basketball. I took a rebound and it hit the finger end on, managing to chip some bone off the joint.
Broke a rib and squished the epiphyses, practically down to a line, at the top of my left humerus through mountain biking accidents.
2006-02-04, 3:58 AM #18
Fractured my right radius near the elbow and my right little finger in three places alongside a dislocation between the second and third bones.

Otherwise, everything else consists of various cuts and bruises.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-02-04, 4:07 AM #19
Breaking a nose isn't really that funny, when they need to put stuff in your nose and keep it there for a few days so it's supported from the inside.
2006-02-04, 6:28 AM #20
Left wrist, both little toes, and the toe next to my big toe.

I snapped the middle bone in it from one corner to the other. Hurt like hell and it's a little warped now.

My mate broke his wrist playing rugby last sunday, just thought his arm was sore and didn't go to A+E for 2 days. Now we reckon it'll go all warped like his pinky. He needs to stop getting injured at rugby.
nope.
2006-02-04, 6:47 AM #21
No broken bones.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-02-04, 6:49 AM #22
I broke my right arm when I was 4.
2006-02-04, 7:16 AM #23
cracked the radius bone at my left wrist
broke the same bone at the elbow 2 years later
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-02-04, 7:32 AM #24
Originally posted by Baconfish:
My mate broke his wrist playing rugby last sunday, just thought his arm was sore and didn't go to A+E for 2 days. Now we reckon it'll go all warped like his pinky. He needs to stop getting injured at rugby.

Haha, a friend from my school rugby team had some guy try to hand him off while running with the ball. The poor dude's wrist snapped on my friends chest! It was both gruesome and hilarious at once :p
2006-02-04, 7:50 AM #25
I broke my collar bone, and thats it
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-02-04, 8:38 AM #26
I've never broken a bone. Or even had a bloody nose. Odd.

A friend of mine broke his nose while we were playing football. He went to tackle a kid and the kid kinda ducked, so instead of hitting his head on the kid's chest my friend's nose broke on the other kid's forehead. Blood all over the snow. it was a memorable occasion.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2006-02-04, 9:09 AM #27
I broke my right arm when i was 12, and the day before i had been bragging about not having broken any bones.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2006-02-04, 9:09 AM #28
Both my arms.

My right one I broke in kindergarten when I was standing up on one of those wooden benches that people sit on. some a**hole thought it would be f***ing hilarious to shove me off. I landed on my right arm and snapped both bones, and my arm was completely mangled out of shape. I was in a cast for 2 months, first a full arm cast and then a short one.

my left arm I broke in the summer after 4th grade. I was riding my bike in the park, and i hit some uneven ground and went flying. My bike frame got bent, and my arm hit one of those concrete lamp posts and pretty much broke in half. I was in a cast for a month and then one of those removable reinforcement things for another few months b/c the wrist was still weak. That injury permantently cost me the ability to write legibly.
2006-02-04, 9:20 AM #29
dislocated my ring finger on my right hand and tore a few lingaments in the right wrist while being the goalie in a "beat the goalie" competition for about 4 hrs straight...my replacements buggered off and left me there and people were queuing non-stop to shoot.

damn right footed people, always shooting to the same spot was cause of the issue...

dislocated the finger by eithering punching the ground or goal post with my fingers outstretched trying to save a shot, that happened in the summer, (earily June) my right hand has only just started to feel "normal" again, although in all honesty the Doc said it would take to at least Christmas for it to start to feel right....

other than that, never broken any bones or anything else.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2006-02-04, 10:39 AM #30
I broke my nose when I was a kid with a softball to the face. Yeah, that hurt.
Had to have surgery to fix it.
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2006-02-04, 11:30 AM #31
Originally posted by Recusant:
Haha, a friend from my school rugby team had some guy try to hand him off while running with the ball. The poor dude's wrist snapped on my friends chest! It was both gruesome and hilarious at once :p

Ouch. :p

Heh, my uncle broke his thumb playing tag rugby a few years back. :o
nope.
2006-02-04, 11:59 AM #32
I got hit by a golf club right next to my eye once, and that bled like hell, but that's not a broken bone. Half a centimeter closer to my nose and it would've hit my eye.

No broken bones here.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-02-04, 12:00 PM #33
None.
D E A T H
2006-02-04, 12:07 PM #34
Had a couple of sprains, but I've never broken anything.
2006-02-05, 12:15 PM #35
No arms broken.

But I killed a man once.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2006-02-05, 12:35 PM #36
No breakages, I must be immortal
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2006-02-05, 1:24 PM #37
Originally posted by Rob:
Yeah, you're hardcore now.

I bet you got picked last for being short, though.

Nope, I start as point guard. Sorry Rob.
2006-02-05, 1:35 PM #38
Originally posted by -Monoxide-:
Nope, I start as point guard. Sorry Rob.

Pffft, Kirby would make a better point guard.

He'd run over people's feet.
2006-02-05, 1:38 PM #39
Originally posted by Rob:
Pffft, Kirby would make a better point guard.

He'd run over people's feet.

He'd run under their legs and punch them in the crotch, and then get his teammates to lift him up for a dunk.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-02-05, 1:41 PM #40
You could just throw him up for the dunk.

↑ Up to the top!