Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Fun On-line Game of Pong
Fun On-line Game of Pong
2006-02-04, 1:13 PM #1
I know it's been around for a while, but I thought I'd repost this great game made in Shockwave: http://www.liquid.se/pong/

The computer is quite hard, and seems to already start off with an advantage over you because it scoress twice as many points each time it wins a round. After about a good 15 rounds, I managed to beat it with 434 to 319. So play it, post your highscores, and if you know of a better pong game, post it. ;)
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2006-02-04, 1:26 PM #2
Pong!
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-02-04, 1:40 PM #3
The trick is to watch the reflections, and not the ball.
2006-02-04, 2:44 PM #4
most fun one i've played - http://addictinggames.com/curveball.html
yay for not posting much ever
2006-02-04, 2:50 PM #5
Mr. Dator always beats me by several hundred poang.
Stuff
2006-02-04, 3:11 PM #6
Originally posted by Martin_W:

I think this is better.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-02-04, 3:21 PM #7

That gets ****ing hard after a few levels.
>>untie shoes
2006-02-04, 3:25 PM #8

Uhm, wow. Not only is the computer smoking something it's so bad, but the sounds are annoying, the ball obnoxiously large and gaudily colored, the graphics poor, and the speed as slow as molasses. Other than that, yes, it is superior. :p
2006-02-04, 3:51 PM #9
If you'd played it longer than five seconds you'd know that the speed and difficulty increases as the game goes on :p Not only that, but the opponent doesn't start off on 'Stupidly Hard'. Oh, and you can do curled shots. Your move, Sherlock :p
2006-02-04, 3:59 PM #10
Curveball is way fun.

I could only make it to level 8, though.
2006-02-04, 4:14 PM #11
Originally posted by LividDK27:
If you'd played it longer than five seconds you'd know that the speed and difficulty increases as the game goes on :p Not only that, but the opponent doesn't start off on 'Stupidly Hard'. Oh, and you can do curled shots. Your move, Sherlock :p

Fair enough than, I'll play it a bit longer next time, but I still find the sounds and graphics annoying. :p

EDIT: hehe, I just realized how my thread title could be misread... >_>
2006-02-04, 7:45 PM #12
How could the sounds be annoying? They're so quiet, not to mention perfect for that game. It's the sound of a rubber gym ball.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-02-04, 8:52 PM #13
Dude, he acknowledged in the original post that this was old news. That wasnt neccessary.

-DSettahr

but i spent a full FIVE minutes making it
*Cries
-Shortie
2006-02-05, 8:23 AM #14
Maybe i'm just incredibly tired but I swear the game doesn't work.. the ball will come straight for the thing sometimes and goes straight through it.
/fluffle
2006-02-05, 9:12 AM #15
I don't know a lot about math, but I really think there's something screwy with the math calculations for the perspective. It seems you have to be more accurate towards the edges of the screen, as the diagonal length of the pixels combined with the 2D paddle makes it less accurate... or something. Furthermore, the ball doesn't get big enough for it's perspective.

I'm right, actually. The paddle is moving on a warped plane, not a flat plane.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-02-05, 1:39 PM #16
Man that (the one in the original post) is ridiculously hard. The highest score I could get was like 160~180ish

edit: for the "ball going through paddle" thing .. I noticed that too -- you have to get the paddle to where the ball will strike WAY before the ball gets there. The reason is that the paddle is "in front" of the end of the screen, where you are -- so at times if you aren't "fast" enough it is actually possible to have the ball closer to you than the paddle is ("behind" the paddle), making it seem like the ball went thru the paddle
一个大西瓜
2006-02-05, 1:41 PM #17
I can beat the orginal one.

I spent alot of time playing it in Highschool during Keyboard class.
2006-02-05, 4:45 PM #18
I first played the original 3D pong about 2-3 years ago when it was featured in PC Gamer, beaten it quite a few times.

however, I challenge you all to try and do this...Ace the computer on a serve, I got fed up playing it normally so try to play it like the curve ball one, with lots of spin :D
Attachment: 10225/pong_ace.jpg (32,219 bytes)
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2006-02-06, 10:13 AM #19
I got it going so fast off the walls, that I didn't even notice when the computer sent it back at me. Alas, my highscore is only 230
2006-02-06, 11:25 AM #20
I don't understand how in curveball the AI opponent gets two extra balls for each new level, and you don't.

Anyway, it's crazy easy, so I guess that's why.
2006-02-06, 11:35 AM #21
I don't know why but I'm definately psyched because the MGS2 theme came on while I was playing the curveball one.

Definately adds a sense of survival, although I gotta say when the Tetris music came on things got crrrazy. I'm on level 6 and still going!

Edit: Scratch that, didn't make it past 6. That little sucker sure gets going.
Hazard a company one process.

↑ Up to the top!