Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → best bond... james bond
best bond... james bond
2006-02-06, 4:14 PM #1
ok so yea i was talking to my friend bout james bond since the new one is comming out this year or something like that and we talked about who protrayed him the best. And i said that Dalton probably did the best portrayal of bond since he stayed true to the books but he thought other wise. so what do you think?

(this has probably been done before and if so sorry bout that)
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2006-02-06, 4:33 PM #2
Covalent.
Stuff
2006-02-06, 4:36 PM #3
'The Rapist for $1000"
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-02-06, 4:46 PM #4
Pierce Brosnan.... and Sean-"you're the man now dawg"- Connery

win.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-02-06, 4:47 PM #5
There was a Bond after Connery?
2006-02-06, 4:52 PM #6
Firstly, I going to be honest, I love all of the Bond actors. I feel each of them brought a unique aspect to the series as a whole. But looking at this question careful I can honestly say that when it comes to portraying Bond in the overall best way, I have to go with Pierce Brosnan. I think when people think of Bond, the image of Pierce comes to their head. This is due to the fact that not only did he appear in 4 of the biggest Bond movies, but he has also appeared in some way or another in a various video games spanning from Goldeneye on N64 all the way up to the fairly recent Everything or Nothing. Brosnan is a talented actor and dose a phenomenal job of getting across the presence of 007.
2006-02-06, 5:00 PM #7
Connery. But I liked Brosnan a lot too.
2006-02-06, 5:13 PM #8
sean connery > roger moore > pierce brosnan
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-02-06, 5:17 PM #9
The new Bond should have been Alexis Denisof.
2006-02-06, 5:26 PM #10
I liked Timothy Dalton as well. Too bad he only did 2.

Goldeneye was Pierce's Best, it went downhill from there.
Well... Goldeneye > the world is not enough > tommorrow never dies > die another day.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-02-06, 5:28 PM #11
Christmas only comes once a year!

LOL!
2006-02-06, 5:38 PM #12
I AM!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2006-02-06, 5:52 PM #13
Sean Connery and Roger Moore were the best, but moore just was better.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-02-06, 6:10 PM #14
'Below Me'... I don't get it.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2006-02-06, 6:12 PM #15
I'm told Dalton was close to the book version of Bond.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-02-06, 6:43 PM #16
Bond: Saved by the Bell.

Audience: Shoot me
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-02-06, 6:44 PM #17
I have to agree with waufreak89, I enjoyed all of the Bond portrayals, with the possible exception of George Lazenby. I liked Roger for his humor, Timothy for his dramatic edge, Pierce for his charisma, and Sean for his sheer awesomeness factor. If I had to choose my fave, that would be hard, especially since the actors all played the role so differently. I voted Sean in the poll though.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2006-02-06, 6:54 PM #18
Connery, Brosnan is a distant second (too bad he got crap roles).
2006-02-06, 7:25 PM #19
For the character of Bond, I picked Brosnan. He had edge and dry humor. Unfortunately, all of his movies sucked except for Goldeneye.

As for the most entertaining Bond, it's gotta be Roger Moore. Too funnay and most of his movies were awesome: Octopussy, A View to a Kill, The Man with the Golden Gun, Live and Let Die.

Connery was a great bond, but I don't care for him for some unknown reason. He didn't appeal to me. I only really liked Goldfinger and Diamonds are Forever.

I am a fan of Dalton, although he seems to be unfairly underrated. He supposedly was the biggest likeness to Fleming's Bond. Both of his movies were great; I would watch License to Kill and The Living Daylights (my favorite film for the music, story, and Bond girl) any day over the poor quality and utter lameness of something like Die Another Day.

I saw a little bit of OHMSS, and I couldn't tolerate Lazenby.
2006-02-06, 7:28 PM #20
Originally posted by 7:
sean connery > roger moore > pierce brosnan

The only problem I have with Moore is that he looked completely unnatural in any scene that required any sort of athleticism, then they'd throw in a stunt double and it was way too obvious when they did that. All the other Bond actors looked extremely natural when running, fighting, hanging on the the outside of an airplane or tanker truck.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-06, 7:32 PM #21
Originally posted by Avenger:
The only problem I have with Moore is that he looked completely unnatural in any scene that required any sort of athleticism, then they'd throw in a stunt double and it was way too obvious when they did that. All the other Bond actors looked extremely natural when running, fighting, hanging on the the outside of an airplane or tanker truck.

I always remember a few scenes in For Your Eyes Only where he has difficulty running up a few staircases. It's blatantly obvious.
2006-02-06, 8:00 PM #22
Originally posted by Avenger:

I know what you mean. However on the Biography Channel, it mentioned how he had always been a sickly child and was never very strong or athletic. I don't know if he had a childhood disease or disability, but I assume it translated to his movie career to some extent. Although keep in mind, Roger was 45 when he started playing Bond and finished when he was 58! Connery stopped play Bond at 43, I think, so that gives you some idea of how old Roger was compared to all the others, including Dalton and Brosnan.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2006-02-06, 8:06 PM #23
Oh, I know. He was very suave and certainly pulled off ervry other aspect of Bond just fine.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-06, 8:13 PM #24
Connery, followed by Brosnan.
Life is beautiful.
2006-02-06, 8:30 PM #25
[QUOTE=Rogue Leader]Connery, followed by Brosnan.[/QUOTE]
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-02-06, 10:57 PM #26
Brosnan, followed by Moore. I'm actually a pretty big Connery fan, but more of his later stuff.
2006-02-06, 11:01 PM #27
I like Connery the most, but tend to like the Roger Moore movies more for some reason. I voted for Connery though just cause in his movies, he didnt BS around.

Physically I think Brosnan was a great portrayal of Bond, though.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2006-02-06, 11:49 PM #28
Brosnan did have an edge to him that the others didn't. Probably has to do with the change in the world atmosphere these days.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-07, 1:07 AM #29
I voted for Roger Moore, since his movies were fun but I like his and Connery's movies the most. Never seen Dalton things. Lazenby was allright as was Brosnan.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-02-07, 1:42 AM #30
people actually voted for lazenby?
2006-02-07, 1:49 AM #31
Connery. He got the ladies first attitude best of them all. Brosnan was a great actor, but his Bond movies were a bit more traditional action movies instead of the gentleman / womanizer flicks.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-02-07, 10:12 AM #32
The whole thing over George Lazenby as James Bond is rather interesting yet odd. The man, without much prior acting jobs, comes in to the Jame Bonds role out of nowhere, stars in one movie and just disappears afterwards.

I didn't vote for him though, but he had a memorable role, I guess.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-02-07, 10:39 AM #33
Lazenby got the role after Connery opted out of the role, but he decided to come back after Lazenby's movie.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-07, 10:48 AM #34
Dalton for plain mean-ness.

Although I would give best film to Goldeneye by a country mile.
2006-02-07, 10:50 AM #35
I always try to avoid posting in these threads, it just reminds me of how I need to change my name....

Connery all the way but both Brosnan and Moore played their role well.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2006-02-07, 1:00 PM #36
I didnt really like Lazenby cause he made too many stupid jokes, i mean all the other ones did too but Lazenby made like 3 in one scene. like the part when he was in the car after the hotel he was making a joke out of the situation and i didnt like that.

"This never happened to the other guy" :rolleyes:
(JKLE_Cougar) from JK MP Community
discord.me/jediknightdarkforces2
2006-02-07, 2:33 PM #37
"This never happened to the other guy."

Only good thing Lazenby ever did.

I'd say it goes Connery > Brosnan > Dalton > Moore > Lazenby.
nope.
2006-02-07, 4:53 PM #38
[QUOTE=Andrew L]I didnt really like Lazenby cause he made too many stupid jokes, i mean all the other ones did too but Lazenby made like 3 in one scene. like the part when he was in the car after the hotel he was making a joke out of the situation and i didnt like that.

"This never happened to the other guy" :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I am not at all afraid to say that I enjoyed Lazenby as Bond. His repetitive use of jokes was a characteristic that stood out in his portrayal of Bond. In terms of acting Lazenby was pretty solid and he did well in action scenes. I know that I can't change other people's perception of Lazenby as Bond, and I certainly don't intend to. But that dose not change that fact that I enjoyed Lazenby's one outing as 007.
2006-02-07, 4:56 PM #39
Roger Moore>Sean Connery>Dalton>Brosnan
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2006-02-07, 4:57 PM #40
I think he'd have grown on people if he'd been in more than one movie. Also, the writers for that movie seemed to try a little too hard to tie the movie to the previous ones with all the jokes.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!