Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Most. Horrific. PC. Story. Ever. A must read.
Most. Horrific. PC. Story. Ever. A must read.
2006-02-07, 2:35 AM #41
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
The Massassian of whom you speak is...

JIN!

Was that the guy who had to take his comp apart without gloves while the spiders infested it and he had to throw one of the panels in the tub?

That was an awesome story...

Originally posted by BoricuaDelight:
Reminds me of one time in the dorms when I had to kill the king of all cockaroaches. I sprayed it with air freshner and it like just ate the stuff!

Yeah, that stuff doesn't effect them. Try anything with bleach and chemicals that you can't pronounce.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2006-02-07, 3:01 AM #42
I remember that pic of SNAKES IN A COMPUTER.

Or one snake.

Anyhow, I don't recall any computer-related insect stories.

But here's a classic thread.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-02-07, 3:12 AM #43
Why was Jin banned? :(
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2006-02-07, 3:24 AM #44
[16:02:34] <Bill> why did you get banned?
[16:03:10] <Jin> posted a link to a webcomic that was apparently "innapropriate".
2006-02-07, 4:48 AM #45
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Her thorax was probably about an inch and a half long.

Spiders don't have thoraxes [/pedantic geek mode]

Bugs never get huge in the UK particularly. We did have this one time when a stag beetle flew into the car and landed on my sister in the back and I had the job of getting the nasty bugger out while my sis went into total panic mode. They bite!
2006-02-07, 4:56 AM #46
Inch and a half is big for anywhere, Kirbs. :eek:

The only spider/PC story I have is when a little spider dropped off the ceiling and landed on the keyboard. Scared the crap out of me. Then he crawled under the keys. I ended up taking the thing apart to get the freak out of there.

I've also heard of mice making nests in PC cases that don't have all the slots covered in the back.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-02-07, 5:04 AM #47
There was also this one time on the toilet when a spider nearly crawled in my ***.
2006-02-07, 5:59 AM #48
Originally posted by Bill:
Yeah... only story I have is technical. Sorry.

I just found out that my cpu is running literally at less than half speed becasue my power supply isn't powerful enough.

Spend 300+ on a cpu, to spend a hundred or so more on a new psu to power it.

Only 80 or so if you go Antec or Thermaltake.
D E A T H
2006-02-07, 6:14 AM #49
boil em mash em stick em in a stew
2006-02-07, 6:35 AM #50
Man, Spider AL needs to come back for this thread...
2006-02-07, 7:32 AM #51
My most horrific story is when my power supply short circuited and friends everything down to the hard disk.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-02-07, 8:11 AM #52
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
Inch and a half is big for any man .... :eek:

fixed
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-02-07, 9:10 AM #53
Originally posted by Recusant:
Spiders don't have thoraxes [/pedantic geek mode]

Bugs never get huge in the UK particularly. We did have this one time when a stag beetle flew into the car and landed on my sister in the back and I had the job of getting the nasty bugger out while my sis went into total panic mode. They bite!

Biggest bug I've seen was some random spider, I think it was a wood spider. Wouldn't fit under a pint glass.
nope.
2006-02-07, 9:50 AM #54
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
[16:02:34] <Bill> why did you get banned?
[16:03:10] <Jin> posted a link to a webcomic that was apparently "innapropriate".

From what I saw on that thread, I didn't know Checksum was banned. I thought he just left.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-02-07, 10:12 AM #55
One time, I got these bugs trapped UNDER the glass of my monitor.

But actually, that was someone else, so I forgot how I got them out.
2006-02-07, 1:40 PM #56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthven
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbubba
Inch and a half is big for any man ....

fixed

LOL
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-02-07, 1:47 PM #57
gives new meaning to the phrase "debugging a computer"
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-02-07, 2:28 PM #58
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
gives new meaning to the phrase "debugging a computer"

Wasn't that the original meaning?
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2006-02-07, 3:21 PM #59
hehe, well sort of.

Basically, cockroaches would get in and chew on wires and circuitry, so they had to go in every morning and spray, hence the term "debugging"
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-02-07, 7:17 PM #60
didnt someone else have a spider infested computer a while ago, then got flamed to hell by a troll named spider-al.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2006-02-07, 7:24 PM #61
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
hehe, well sort of.

Basically, cockroaches would get in and chew on wires and circuitry, so they had to go in every morning and spray, hence the term "debugging"

Actually it came from removing a moth from a computer, the first ever "bug". Sometime in the 1950s.
D E A T H
2006-02-07, 7:30 PM #62
Originally posted by alpha1:
didnt someone else have a spider infested computer a while ago, then got flamed to hell by a troll named spider-al.

that was jin, read the link FGR provided
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-02-08, 4:07 AM #63
I remember Jin's story. I can't think of a more horrific thing to happen to a computer. My computer is in my bedroom, and I could never sleep in my bed again if that happened to me.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-02-08, 4:28 AM #64
My room is STILL too much of a biohazard. Seriously. The UN sends teams every now and again. Last time we lost three Spaniards and a Frenchman.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-02-08, 4:36 AM #65
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Actually it came from removing a moth from a computer, the first ever "bug". Sometime in the 1950s.[/QUOTE]

1945, actually. Would you believe they still have the report filed away somewhere, with the moth taped to it? Crazy stuff.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-02-08, 5:57 AM #66
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
1945, actually. Would you believe they still have the report filed away somewhere, with the moth taped to it? Crazy stuff.

Goddamn.
D E A T H
2006-02-08, 6:17 AM #67
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
There was also this one time on the toilet when a spider nearly crawled in my ***.

That happened to me once, I was in the b-room doing the whole business, get up and see a nice live spider where I was sitting. After almost breaking the toilet seat stomping at it, I screamed like a little girl and I still haven't gone for a job in that bathroom to this day. And this must have happened back when I was 11 or 12. lol

I'm 21 now. :(
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless

↑ Up to the top!