Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Long Beach, CA Bike Path
Long Beach, CA Bike Path
2006-02-09, 11:25 AM #1
So, I have recently taken to riding my bicycle again. On Saturday, I will be taking a trail than runs 5.5 miles along the coast at Long Beach, CA Last time, I took a 7 mile trail down the coast at Santa Monica. I hear Long Beach is much better.
Before that I took various other paths down small rivers and mountain trails. On Saturdays, when I am not hiking, I am biking. Does anyone else do anything similair to this? I am thinking about investing in a camera to take pictures of my exscursions.

Also, I seem to recall someone from these boards living near Long Beach. Who are you? And, more importantly, are there any good places to eat in Long Beach?
2006-02-09, 11:56 AM #2
Pagewizard lives in LB.

There's some good trails/paths here in San Diego. Riding along 101 from Carlsbad to Solana Beach is pretty.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-02-09, 12:01 PM #3
There are a lot of parks in the area where I'll go do a lot of hiking.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-09, 1:01 PM #4
Yep, I'm from Long Beach. Maybe we could meet up.

I live in East Long Beach, not in the downtown area by the coast, so I can't think of any places offhand. Check out Belmont Shore, its full of good restaurants. (parking is an absolute b**** down there, and its full of those damn one-way streets, but that shouldn't be a problem if you are biking)

The beach itself is not that impressive (we do have a boardwalk for people to walk/bike on but the water is dirty and there is no waves, both problems are due to a breakwater.)

If you want moderately clean water and good surf you have to go about 30 min. down PCH to Bolsa Chica Beach.
2006-02-09, 2:29 PM #5
Hmmmm. I think we will ride Bolsa. That does look better... I don't know much about the Long Beach route, other than what was told me by someone who rode it last year.

I think I might try the 101 route when we draw closer to summer time.

Yeah Page, I'll be at Bolsa-Chica on Saturday morning. Give me a PM if you're interested in getting lunch or whatnot.
2006-02-09, 2:42 PM #6
take pixxx
2006-02-09, 2:50 PM #7
Oh god, I love biking. My dad does the death ride eery year, and i go moutain biking almost every weekend. I have never biked in long beach, but i used to alwas skate down that little cement sidewalk on the beach, in redondo beach. So yeah, get a camera. I think i will take a video camera next time i go up.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2006-02-09, 2:51 PM #8
Of what? The bike path? Me? The floor? My bike? My new shoes? Other cyclists? Pedestrians? My new haircut?
2006-02-09, 3:23 PM #9
I'm a little confused are you mountain biking or cycling down a tarmac track next to the beach?

I mountain bike a fair bit when I'm back at home, used to do 20 mile rides with a mixture of off-road and road. Went mountain biking over the Yorkshire moors near Inglebrough a couple of weeks ago too. It's not that much fun, it's windswept and the terrain is full of mounds that just absorb all your energy making it tough and slow going. Give me swoopy singletrack in the woods any day!
2006-02-09, 5:26 PM #10
I occasionally mountain bike, but I don't like it too much. Too bumpy, too much to worry about, too much safety gear.

This time, I'm just going down "tarmac" (asphalt for us non-limeys) along the coast of the Pacific Ocean.
2006-02-09, 8:13 PM #11
I work in Huntington Beach, but unforntuately I don't have a bike anymore.
2006-02-09, 8:21 PM #12
I'm about an hour away from long beach

I went to the queen mary the last two summers for jams haha
一个大西瓜
2006-02-10, 3:15 PM #13
So, I will be riding the Bolsa-Chica trail tomorrow. I hope to get their by 10:30.

We're going to start at the sout end, ride north, and have lunch at the north end, near the Naval base, then turn around and go back. If anyone would care to meet me someplace along the way, PM. I will take plenty of pictures. It should be a beautiful ride.

So... what's everyone else's plans for the (nice, if you're in California) weekend tomorrow?
2006-02-10, 4:39 PM #14
Originally posted by ':
-[ellequin']So, I will be riding the Bolsa-Chica trail tomorrow. I hope to get their by 10:30.

We're going to start at the sout end, ride north, and have lunch at the north end, near the Naval base, then turn around and go back. If anyone would care to meet me someplace along the way, PM. I will take plenty of pictures. It should be a beautiful ride.

So... what's everyone else's plans for the (nice, if you're in California) weekend tomorrow?

Sitting on my *** getting drunk probably.

Oh wait, I have not but one beer left :(
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-02-10, 4:43 PM #15
I dislike the bike paths in Rhode Island. Its boring. And so many New Englanders go on the small strip of pavement that it makes me constipated. Is Cal still sunny and warm?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-02-12, 11:31 PM #16
Photos.

24 miles round trip. We started at the south end of Huntington Beach, rode through Bolsa Chica, through Sunset Beach, and ended in Seal Beach.

The weather was perfect. Nice and warm, but not hot. Good beach weather. None of this blizzard stuff like you silly easterners.
2006-02-12, 11:35 PM #17
REAL MEN bike in the snow.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!