Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → X-Files 2 on hold again
X-Files 2 on hold again
2006-02-09, 2:32 PM #1
Conveniently enough, I can't find the article now (it was on tvguide.com), but here's the bottom line - everyone is onboard for a new X-Files movie BUT it is now on hold because of some lawsuit between Chris Carter (X-File creator) and one of the studios.

Gillian Anderson said she wants to have another child, and she's not interested in being filmed while preggers, so if it's not resolved right away, it may not happen at all. :(
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-02-09, 2:36 PM #2
BLAST.

The season finale was so good.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-02-09, 3:10 PM #3
Originally posted by fishstickz:
BLAST.

The season finale was so good.

Do you mean series? And how was it good? It answered like no questions at all.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2006-02-09, 5:34 PM #4
The finale was only enjoyable because it was a walk down memory lane and you knew the end was coming.

Still, I was looking forward to a second movie. The article also said that the plan for the movie was for it to be a "Monster of the Week" type story. Carter said that the first movie had to be part of the mythology, but for the second, he just wanted to scare people.
2006-02-09, 6:23 PM #5
If he doesn't answer questions I will kill him personally.
>>untie shoes
2006-02-09, 6:31 PM #6
Attachment: 10315/gafhm10.jpg (20,957 bytes)
2006-02-09, 7:04 PM #7
Originally posted by THRAWN:
Do you mean series? And how was it good? It answered like no questions at all.

That was the point of X-files.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-02-09, 7:23 PM #8
I'd rather see a Lone Gunmen movie. Which reminds me, I should pick up the series on DVD...
2006-02-09, 7:29 PM #9
Originally posted by Primate:
I'd rather see a Lone Gunmen movie. Which reminds me, I should pick up the series on DVD...

They're kind of dead.
--Garrison Keillor
2006-02-09, 7:40 PM #10
Really. I never really kept up with the X-Files while it was running, so I guess I'm not really aware of everything that went down, especially in the later seasons.

Edit:Or what happened at the end of The Lone Gunmen.
2006-02-09, 7:42 PM #11
I would have ended it with the 7th season finale where Mulder got abducted. The last two seasons were kind of crappy.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-02-09, 8:28 PM #12
I never kept up with the series but if it was on TV I always watched it..

would love to see a 2nd movie!
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2006-02-09, 8:48 PM #13
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast:
I would have ended it with the 7th season finale where Mulder got abducted. The last two seasons were kind of crappy.

Agreed. I didn't like the last two seasons much at all.

For that matter, even Season 7 wasn't that great.
2006-02-10, 3:52 AM #14
Originally posted by Primate:
Really. I never really kept up with the X-Files while it was running, so I guess I'm not really aware of everything that went down, especially in the later seasons.

Edit:Or what happened at the end of The Lone Gunmen.

There was this guy, who had some like, super alien disease implanted in him. When he died, the disease would release and kill off the entire world. He found out, and was going to commit suicide to show the world what's what. He was about to do it, when the lone gunmen trapped him in this hallway, just as mulder/scully got there. They hit these blast doors where they trapped him, he commited suicide, the blast was contained, and the lone gunmen got burried at arlington.
--Garrison Keillor
2006-02-10, 6:52 AM #15
In terms of the overall storyline, it was all pretty much answered by the end of season 5 - the incoming alien invasion, the collaboration, the alien-human hybrid, the vaccine. The only 'new' thing we learnt over seasons 6,7,8,9 was the actual date of the alien invasion, and that wasn't especially interesting.

The season 9 X-Files finale is notorious for being so thoroughly unsatisfying.

Mulder finds God and all is good! vomit vomit vomit. Some of the best dialogue is of Mulder mocking Scully for how her belief in God never undergoes the same healthy skepticism she applies to everything else.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2006-02-10, 7:12 AM #16
Gillian Anderson is a crazy red head.

Just my kinda bit of crumpet.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-02-11, 1:01 AM #17
Wasn't the plan originally to make a whole bunch of movies?

↑ Up to the top!