Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Individually frosted cakes!
Individually frosted cakes!
2006-02-11, 1:02 AM #1
My god, I think that was the hardest I've laughed at an episode of SG-1 since I first saw "Window of Opportunity". I dunno if it's because I'm really tired, but man, that was a funny episode.
Stuff
2006-02-11, 5:00 AM #2
damn you late seasoners!

i just started watching SG1, the best episode by far was one i watched last night... with the black hole.
2006-02-11, 5:49 AM #3
I agree, SG1 and Atlantis were awesome last night... BSG was meh though, I was disapointed.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-02-11, 7:30 AM #4
Window of Opportunity > Urgo > *
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2006-02-11, 8:05 AM #5
urgo blows. there were no jaffa or fight scenes at ALL!

I hate the funny episodes, i want to see blood and death!

Like Homecoming, with the huge space battle, man that ruled.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-02-11, 8:52 AM #6
There was a lot of blood and death... they killed like 800 baals.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2006-02-11, 9:36 AM #7
Originally posted by fishstickz:
I agree, SG1 and Atlantis were awesome last night... BSG was meh though, I was disapointed.

I'm just the opposite. I liked BSG a little more than atlantis.

Stargate SG-1 doesn't even compare because it's so awesome..

I'm just glad the fat dude is dead.
2006-02-11, 10:14 AM #8
So is Ba'al dead? I mean allll of his incarnations/clones. Ba'al's ship had all of his clones on board and it went boom boom.

I'm not liking the normal talking Goa'uld. For seasons 1-8 we've had them talk with the tricked out voice (except Hathor in season 1 and when they're deceiving us) now they switch between tricked and normal too much.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-02-11, 10:28 AM #9
Favorite part is when Ba'al walks in on the fat dude while he's trying to get rid of the virus.

"Oh! Hello! Just a tiny little virus.... it'll be gone momentarily."
*Ba'al leaves and comes back with the staff weapon*
"Oh... Hello again..."
*Ba'al levels the staff at the console*
"You can try shooting the console but I'm not sure it will help much..."
*Ba'al points the staff at him*
"Oh.... I see..... There's nothing I can say.... is there?"
*Ba'al thinks for a moment, then shakes his head*

I like Ba'al..... he's just awesome.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2006-02-11, 12:16 PM #10
Also, I think this episode might hold the record for most Jaffa killed while the good guys sustained no damage. They just keep walking into that hallway and getting mowed down, for like 5 minutes.

I doubt all the Ba'al clones are dead; I'd be willing to bet there's still a few left on Earth.
Stuff
2006-02-11, 1:16 PM #11
I'm sure that wasn't even him commanding the ship, we've seen that the clones are just as bad as the real one. We only saw 4 Ba'als on the ship, 2 or so Ba'als have gotten killed before this. However, when we first were shown the clones there were many of them- no doubt the real Ba'al is around.

If it was the real Ba'al, then he could've just gone through the gate after SG1 did.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2006-02-11, 8:41 PM #12
Did anyone notice the big reset button on the Prometheus? The ship is blown up then next episode, bam! there's the Odyssey! No mention of a 2nd Daedalus class ship being built. Just..poof..new ship!

Writers are disappointing me...
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-02-11, 8:52 PM #13
Maybe they reverse-engineered some replicator technology into the ships too. One gets blown up, so it re-makes itself into a new ship. Perhaps "Phoenix" would be a better name than "Odyssey".

Meh, I'm just glad there's a new ship. When the Prometheus got blown up... wow, I didn't expect that.
Stuff
2006-02-11, 8:58 PM #14
I too, thought, "gee, another ship. That was fast." But we should probably assume that they weren't just going to build 2 and quit. They are probably trying to make as many as they can possibly afford. You know, the idea is to defend earth.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-02-11, 9:19 PM #15
Yeah, I guess the Russians are building one too.
Stuff
2006-02-12, 12:35 AM #16
Actually it was mentioned in an episode awhile ago that two more were under construction.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2006-02-12, 1:02 AM #17
Originally posted by kyle90:
Maybe they reverse-engineered some replicator technology into the ships too. One gets blown up, so it re-makes itself into a new ship. Perhaps "Phoenix" would be a better name than "Odyssey".

Meh, I'm just glad there's a new ship. When the Prometheus got blown up... wow, I didn't expect that.

It was the episode on 3 Feb.

↑ Up to the top!