Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Is this us?
Is this us?
2006-02-13, 2:13 PM #41
I'm no nimble fingers. For me, slipping a ring on her finger undetected is like skating naked in a public arena and hoping not to be seen.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-02-13, 2:14 PM #42
This is like, awesome, I totally hi-jacked an awesome ctrl-alt-del thread.
2006-02-13, 2:15 PM #43
Originally posted by Jepman:
I'm no nimble fingers. For me, slipping a ring on her finger undetected is like skating naked in a public arena and hoping not to be seen.

Attachment: 10398/Chloroform.jpg (7,736 bytes)
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-02-13, 2:20 PM #44
I'm actually thinking about it, I've had the ring for a while, and I'm just trying to figure out a nice way of doing it.

Tomorrow would be a great time for it, but... I want it to be romantic, not me coming home from work, smiling, dropping to one knee and proposing. That'd be... crap.

ANY IDEAS?

Just do it. If you two really are meant to be together she won't care how you do it, it'll still be the most special day of her life. :)
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2006-02-13, 2:22 PM #45
This is like, awesome, I totally hi-jacked an awesome ctrl-alt-del thread.

It's not too common for a Massassian to have a girlfriend, let alone propose to one. :p

Be sure to keep us updated.. :)
woot!
2006-02-13, 2:36 PM #46
Originally posted by Gee_4ce:
Just do it. If you two really are meant to be together she won't care how you do it, it'll still be the most special day of her life. :)

I thought that was the first time we had sex. :(
2006-02-13, 4:06 PM #47
hide it in your *** then go for the "cavity search fantasy"
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-02-13, 4:08 PM #48
Why not put it round her finger while she's asleep?
nope.
2006-02-13, 4:16 PM #49
Attachment: 10401/survivors.jpg (44,015 bytes)
DO NOT WANT.
2006-02-13, 4:40 PM #50
Put the ring in a fortune cookie and take her out for chinese. That, or instead of ring, put in a paper fortune that says "will you marry me," and pocket the ring till she opens it.
(like mickey blue eyes)

Put it on her desktop while she's sleeping "will you marry me," so when she boots up her computer you can slowly come up behind her and get on the knee so when she turns around she'll be surprised.

Show up at her job with flowers, drop them off and say "happy valentines day, but I have to go for now!"
Then after, say, 10 minutes, have the staff or someone call her to a back room, where you'll be waiting with some friends or her staff or something, and when she comes in she'll be like "eh?" and you can ask.

Do a school play with her and ask her at the end when you're doing the credits. :D I saw that at a college play I had to attend for my theatre class. :P
That's be BIG... but alot of work to learn how to act. :P ok so don't do this one.

Put yourself in a giant cardboard box, leave it at her doorstep when she's coming home, have it say somelike like "Open immediately." then pop out of the box with a ring when she gets there.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-02-13, 5:12 PM #51
Drive north for a while until you've left civilization behind (shouldn't be too hard to do; you're in Quebec after all), then cut down trees to make kilometer-high letters that say "WILL YOU MARRY ME?"

Then e-mail her a .kml file and wait.
Stuff
2006-02-13, 5:17 PM #52
that would be way cooler if a guy did that in real life
Take that there and put it in here
2006-02-13, 6:48 PM #53
I'm proposing tomorrow just cause of this thread. 5 months is long enough, right?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-02-13, 6:56 PM #54
Oooh, boy! I'm proposing to the girl I have a crush on who doesn't even know it yet! In 10th grade! Yeah! :o
DO NOT WANT.
2006-02-13, 6:56 PM #55
As a girl the best ideas in my opinion are the 11 rose one and the arcade one (it'd be better if she finds nerds cute/awesome like me)

There were some other good ones, but those're the ones that stick out to me.
My Signature
2006-02-13, 7:13 PM #56
If she likes board games, that could be a good way to work it in. ie, if she likes monopoly, ask her to play it with you, and replace all of the chance cards with "will you marry me". That would own.
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing
(a work in progress)
2006-02-13, 7:31 PM #57
These are all pretty dang complex.
DO NOT WANT.
2006-02-13, 10:06 PM #58
Alphabet soup dinner. Hope she reads before stirring.

o.0
2006-02-13, 10:30 PM #59
Originally posted by ':
-[ellequin']No no no, be a cool guy when you do it.

This is a great idea:

If she works, or is away from you for a long period of time, get eleven florists to deliver one rose a piece (it will be expensive), then she'll be all like "WTF where is the last one?"
Then you show up with the last one, with a ring around it.

best idea yet! Only I think you should have them sent throughout the day and then set up your house all romantic like and set up a dinner for you two and give her the rose with the ring there. Then again I just like food. "What? free dinner? sure I'll marry you!"
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2006-02-13, 11:03 PM #60
Wear it around yourself and when she asks about it just say "Oh **** this is for you!"
2006-02-13, 11:09 PM #61
Am I a stud, or what?
2006-02-13, 11:09 PM #62
Originally posted by Greenboy:
Alphabet soup dinner. Hope she reads before stirring.

It's harder than it sounds.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-02-13, 11:38 PM #63
Just stay up all night. Wait until she wakes up. Be waiting at the side of the bed on one knee.
>>untie shoes
2006-02-14, 12:29 AM #64
Yes it is actually and I'm actually trying to come up with my own version of it! Especially since I took the day off to be with her tomorrow. :o

I dont know how to say this man. I'm just sorry :(

I told her about the massassi forums, and how you post on them. She already knows your plans now.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-02-14, 1:13 AM #65
Screw this kneeling thing.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-02-14, 2:21 AM #66
Ohhh you better be lying BC that would suck.

Last idea:
Leave the ring on the table with a note attacked "will you marry me?" with checkboxes (yes, no, maybe)
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-02-14, 4:06 AM #67
Originally posted by Veger:
Ohhh you better be lying BC that would suck.

Last idea:
Leave the ring on the table with a note attacked "will you marry me?" with checkboxes (yes, no, maybe)

Too impersonal, imho :)
woot!
2006-02-14, 7:07 AM #68
Rearrange the letters on her keyboard

WIL U
MAREY /|\3?

Very difficult, yes.
2006-02-14, 7:50 AM #69
Wouldn't work very well because /|\ would look more like [/] [|] [\] spread out over three keys.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-02-16, 1:58 PM #70
okay, again I came to this thread way too late (and I've already seen the Jepmarriage thread) but in case anyone hadn't seen it, the next comic just cracked me up

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060215

that last line...hahaha
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!

↑ Up to the top!