Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wish us luck! (Vibes for TED FEST)
Wish us luck! (Vibes for TED FEST)
2006-02-15, 6:34 PM #1
Today was awesome...

Our school is having a battle of the bands to raise money. It's called Ted Fest (Long story). Tryouts for the battle of the bands were yesterday, today and the last day for tryouts is tommorow. So our band comes in, and there are about 5 other bands trying out that same day.

There are a bunch of students and teachers judging and picking who gets accepted and who doesn't. You play 1 - 3 songs and the the judges give you a score out of 20, and they explain to you what you need to work on, what was good, what wasn't etc... After that you can just wait and hope that you got accepted.

So the bands go up one at a time and try out, and the judges give them scores and so on...So up goes us, and we play our main song, and then we played another one of our songs..and last another one of our songs. We rock out with our c...err yeah we rock out, and the vocalist is jumping on and off the stage, the drummer does his crazy drum solo in one of the songs we played, the guitarist is doing his headbanging thing and I'm running all around the stage and at one point I sat next to the judges while I was playing just to be a smartarse (<3 the wireless connector). Well we finished and we thought we were screwed because during the first song we had problems with the mic, and the guitarist messed up his guitar solo (I don't think anyone even noticed, but he was kind of dissapointed).

Well it comes the end of the night and we look at the chart.

Some Band: 15 / 20
Another Band: 17 / 20
Other Band: 10 / 20
A Band: 12 / 20
Our Band: They're In
One of the Bands: 18 / 20
The Last Band: 11 / 20

I almost crapped myself. Awesome. I asked one of the judges why we didn't have a score, and he just said "You guys did great, your 100% in. Guitar was great, bass was great, the vocals sounded clean and the drummer was insane. You were all in synch, no problems except for the mic, but that's the schools crap PA system." 0_o. I am so happy. We started off playing Static X and System of a Down covers and now we are playing all of our own music only a few months later and it's good! People like it! Wish us luck. Ted Fest is at the end of March, and I can't wait to do this. Vibes! Vibes!
Think while it's still legal.
2006-02-15, 6:51 PM #2
You still suck.

<3
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-02-15, 8:07 PM #3
<3 the wang
2006-02-15, 8:19 PM #4
For some reason I read the title as "VD Fest"

I guess you guys know what's on my mind.

But congrats, nonetheless!
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-02-16, 7:11 AM #5
at all the battle of the bands we've been to, playing covers gets you disqualified.
2006-02-16, 7:23 AM #6
Very fun! Way to go.

I gotta get a band together. I've got songs and ideas for songs, I've just got to find people who can (and will) play with me.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-02-16, 7:34 AM #7
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]at all the battle of the bands we've been to, playing covers gets you disqualified.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]We started off playing Static X and System of a Down covers and now we are playing all of our own music only a few months later and it's good![/QUOTE]

Not trying to be mean, but it seems as if you skipped a part of that sentence.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-02-16, 9:25 AM #8
Cool!

Good luck :D
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2006-02-16, 9:44 AM #9
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]<3 the wang[/QUOTE]
Well, we've known that much for quite some time now. At least now you and Vinny have something in common.

PS--GL HF DD KA NR20
D E A T H
2006-02-16, 10:29 AM #10
ah yeah i misread, i thought they started their set with some covers, then moved to their own material.
2006-02-16, 11:56 AM #11
I want to listen to the band that got 10/20.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-02-16, 1:04 PM #12
The band that got 10/20 wasn't bad, it's just they weren't really a band. It was a drummer and a guitarist. No vocals or bass. It sounded good for what it was, but the drums were too loud to hear the guitar sometimes. They said if they can get a bassist or atleast a vocalist, they could be in. (I think)

↑ Up to the top!