Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Begging Massassi for HELP!
Begging Massassi for HELP!
2006-02-17, 7:03 PM #1
OK, I made a thread a LONG time ago about this. GBK said he'd do it, along with another person in IRC. No one was able to get something done well enough. CoolMatty stepped in, lost interest and couldn't do it.

I REALLY need help with my webcomic's website. I'm looking for someone who knows SOME sort of web scripting language, as well as CSS.

What I need is:

Multi-login news scripts WITH avitars
Threads of news [From oldest to newest] that archive after a new comic is posted and a new thread is started with the comic, but on a different page. [Like Penny Arcade]
Easy comic upload.
Simplistic minimalistic CSS layout.
EASE OF USE!

If you can make the site, and are willing to do it WITHIN a month, post here. I cannot in any way shape or form promise payment. What I can promise, however, is that any revinue gained by this site WILL be put towards paying a reasonable web design price.

I realize this is a charity job, but PLEASE provide a link to some sort of page of equal or at least similar concept that you've done. At this point, if the site doesn't get done within a month or so, I might as well settle with some crappy livejournal edit, because I really don't want to invest any more time into WAITING. I'd love to impress people with a nice website, but I honstly can't show off my comics by linking them directly anymore. It's not at all what I want.

Please? Help?

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-02-17, 7:19 PM #2
I would love to help, but unfortunately my day job is taking up most of my time right now. I dont even have the time for my own projects. :\
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2006-02-17, 7:20 PM #3
So, if your comic is the best thing since toast and it makes millions of dollars, then you will pay the webdesigner?
Think while it's still legal.
2006-02-17, 7:28 PM #4
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]So, if your comic is the best thing since toast and it makes millions of dollars, then you will pay the webdesigner?[/QUOTE]

mhmmm...

Gammasts has shown lots of interest, and I trust his abilities. Anyone else who shows interest will be second call until I know for sure if he's in.

I like threads that accomplish things for me in a short amount of time. Thank you massassi!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-02-17, 9:20 PM #5
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]So, if your comic is the best thing since toast and it makes millions of dollars, then you will pay the webdesigner?[/QUOTE]
Someone's bitter about another massassian's success compared to his own failure. Not naming names or anything.

Kirby--there's a reason people usually pay for that kind of thing. It's time consuming and hard to use/implement unless you know what you're doing. Even then....
D E A T H
2006-02-17, 9:25 PM #6
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Kirby--there's a reason people usually pay for that kind of thing. It's time consuming and hard to use/implement unless you know what you're doing. Even then....[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know. That's why I'm offering pay when it's available. Not assuming I'll make any money off of this, but if I do, it'll go towards paying gammasts. It's complex stuff I'm asking, but it's necissary to have a functioning site.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-02-17, 9:43 PM #7
There are plenty of opensource scripts built for this purpose already existing. I think someone linked to one in your last thread.
一个大西瓜
2006-02-17, 10:09 PM #8
CUSP: http://cusp.sourceforge.net/

Brian Clevinger uses it, and it works well for him.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.

↑ Up to the top!