Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → after almost 10 years of waiting... (please dont let this be old news)
after almost 10 years of waiting... (please dont let this be old news)
2006-02-18, 1:39 AM #1
http://www.megagames.com/news/html/pc/dukenukemforeverdated.shtml

it looks like DNF might actualy be coming out.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2006-02-18, 1:43 AM #2
I believe it will come out someday, but even that news article is too shabby.

On the other hand, Amazon.co.uk says April 21, 2006 :p
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-02-18, 1:45 AM #3
but that is the same website with a 2010 release date for FF7 adent children.

but yes, it looks like the game is at least still being made.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2006-02-18, 3:40 AM #4
Quote:
We're basically just pulling all the pieces together and making the game out of it. There's a lot that's finished. All the guns are finished. Most of the creatures are finished. And as I said, we're just basically pulling it all together and trying to make it fun. We've kind of got all these disassociated elements that make up a game, and you put them together and things happen.

lol The DNF team is a joke.
2006-02-18, 5:14 AM #5
Starcraft 2 will come out this year guys, I just KNOW it! :( *cries*
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-02-18, 7:29 AM #6
It will never be released. I would be surprised if they are even working on it.

The game has been "in production" so long, it has been over-hyped so much, nothing they could release would ever live up to the hype.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2006-02-18, 7:41 AM #7
Originally posted by alpha1:
but that is the same website with a 2010 release date for FF7 adent children.

but yes, it looks like the game is at least still being made.

at this rate that sound about right to me :(

dangit how long does it take to record english voiced and doub a movie.

Unless they are trying to reanimate all the mouth movement too.
I don't know I would just like a release date.
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-02-18, 7:44 AM #8
Originally posted by gbk:
The game has been "in production" so long, it has been over-hyped so much, nothing they could release would ever live up to the hype.

I think I have to agree with this one, even though it would be extremely awesome if it actually was really awesome as it should be and would even have Duke Nukem 3D remade. Hahahahaha.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-02-18, 8:52 AM #9
Actually extremely old news. It's supposed to be released later this year, and PC Gamer had something on it being released this year last year march-ish.
D E A T H
2006-02-18, 1:44 PM #10
I wonder how they are financing their prolonged production process.
2006-02-18, 2:09 PM #11
smells like daikatana
2006-02-18, 2:12 PM #12
Duke Nukem sucks
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-02-18, 3:33 PM #13
Originally posted by Brian:
smells like daikatana

Amen, babybuns!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-02-18, 3:35 PM #14
What the hell happened to STALKER?! :( :( :(
2006-02-18, 3:59 PM #15
Stalker is apparently still in production though it's looking like it might turn to vapourware soon. I heard about a week ago from a multiplay.co.uk article that it was almost stopped but has still carried on and should be released for the next-gen or well... this generation of consoles/pc. I wouldn't say I've got any solid evidence though, but multiplay.co.uk can be trusted usually... they hold huge LANs so they must be semi-respectable.

Duke nukem was boring, and the team sounds a bit dodgey. I mean... they've got guns and creatures but no levels yet. It doesn't sound promising unless they're planning on going darker than doom 3.
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2006-02-18, 5:29 PM #16
Quote:
Duke Nukem Forever Dated

Haha, nice pun. I'm sure the game's graphics would be quite dated indeed.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2006-02-18, 9:53 PM #17
DNF coming out? Haha, yeah right; next thing you'll know we'll have a Stargate or even a Star Trek mod for JK.

I bet the Duke Nukem team has lots of "hard drive failures" too. That's the new, cool way to say "my dog ate my homework".
Stuff
2006-02-18, 9:56 PM #18
Originally posted by kyle90:
DNF coming out? Haha, yeah right; next thing you'll know we'll have a Stargate or even a Star Trek mod for JK.

I bet the Duke Nukem team has lots of "hard drive failures" too. That's the new, cool way to say "my dog ate my homework".

<3
D E A T H
2006-02-18, 9:59 PM #19
Those sudden inexplicable HD failures seem to happen alot during mod development...
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2006-02-18, 10:15 PM #20
Yep... magnetic storage is just so unreliable. And god forbid anyone would make backup copies of important files. That would cost like... a dollar.... EVERY TIME YOU DID IT. Plus like TEN MINUTES to burn a DVD. Clearly impractical.
Stuff
2006-02-18, 11:50 PM #21
I wonder how many times they have re-started because the technology standard has passed them up before they can even finish...
2006-02-19, 12:16 AM #22
Originally posted by saberopus:
What the hell happened to STALKER?! :( :( :(

Atleast we know this game exists.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-02-19, 6:16 PM #23
Didn't Serious Sam, Quake 4, and Doom 3 pretty much all seperately act as Duke Nukem Forever surrogates for gamers everywhere?

-I know they did for me. I'm over Duke Nukem. If I need a fix, I'll play Serious Sam and look up some hentai.
2006-02-19, 8:09 PM #24
Originally posted by Echoman:
Atleast we know this game exists.

I know first hand that this game exists [STALKER]. A friend of mine worked at THQ, and has a smuggled copy from before he left. The game is in late development and will be released soon from what I can see from what I've played.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-02-19, 8:22 PM #25
I read that STALKER is set for a 2007 release

In other words, THQ and GSC are the biggest slackers on the planet

↑ Up to the top!