Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → we got a dvd recorder.
we got a dvd recorder.
2006-02-18, 11:14 PM #1
Right now i have thrown out all but three of my VHS tapes that i have checked. The ones i have kept are the footrot flats movie (with the last epsode of the first season of the monster rancher anime taped on the end), the documentery "on jupiter" (which has a number of Special effects shots from it being used for the images of the mini jupiter/comet schumaker documentarys that appear in commercialbreaks on the discovery channel) and the video from when i did a blue-screen attraction at the national science and technolegy center a number of years back.

I also plan to back up a few pre recorded tapes to dvd, these include the original versions of the star wars OT, the chipmonks adventure (my mother's, not mine, i swear on my ancestors' gaves) and the film "fern gully" (which is 13 dollars for a bloody bare bones dvd version).

So, to make this legal, what did you back up form VHS to DVD when you finaly got yourself a DVD recorder for your tv. Oor, if you dont have one yet, what will you back up when/if you get one. please think hard though, you may think you would want to save a lot, but when it gets down to actualy doing it (as it needs to be done in real time), you will find that there will be not much you want to keep that is worth letting the entire VHS run through for.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2006-02-18, 11:22 PM #2
All my movies are in DVD form except for the Star Wars movies. I'm waiting until all 6 are released in a big mega-feature-packed set thing. :)

↑ Up to the top!