Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Legend of Zeldas'
Legend of Zeldas'
2006-02-19, 6:07 PM #1
So I was just playing Ocarnia of Time and I was curious...

Does anyone know what the chronological order of the games are? I thought Windwaker was last but I forget...

Does anyone remember?
2006-02-19, 6:10 PM #2
Oh god. This will get messy.
>>untie shoes
2006-02-19, 6:15 PM #3
They are, for the most part, self-contained stories with vague ties to one another. You can work out technically how they all fit together, but it's usually pretty messy and complicated. Really, I just turn a blind eye and play each one as it's own world, because I'm too lazy to try to figure it out :p
Moo.
2006-02-19, 6:15 PM #4
they really aren't in chronological order. it really is kinda messy.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-02-19, 6:16 PM #5
Originally posted by 7:
they really aren't in chronological order. it really is kinda messy.

I SAID MESSY FIRST I WIN
Moo.
2006-02-19, 6:19 PM #6
OoT to MM to WW is atleast part of the order
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-02-19, 6:24 PM #7
[QUOTE=Unknown User]Does anyone know what the chronological order of the games are? I thought Windwaker was last but I forget...[/QUOTE]There's no 'official' timeline of all of the games. On a story basis OoT is definitely the first title in the actual Legend, followed (at some point) by Wind Waker. Link to the Past probably comes after that.

I'm of the opinion that the forests and land grow over the ocean after Wind Waker. Then the great sea drains, forming the massive underground caverns of the Underworld from the later games.
2006-02-19, 6:58 PM #8
Wind Waker sucked.

At least the boat part.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2006-02-19, 7:04 PM #9
WW was good until you had to hunt for the triforce pieces. My God was that the most tedious part of the game. Not only did I have to hunt for triforce, I had to hunt for rupees to pay off the ****er Tinkle.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-02-19, 7:08 PM #10
I think Oot > all the rest. Hopefully Twighlight Princess can fix some of the story line that was destoyed by WW
2006-02-19, 7:10 PM #11
I think the baton was the QUEEREST thing ever.

How come they can't make link carry an electric guitar or something.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-02-19, 7:15 PM #12
WW > OOT > MM > The rest

As fun as the 2d Zeldas are, I could never get into them as much as the 3d ones.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-02-19, 8:04 PM #13
As far as timelines go, this is the best you're going to get.
"It is not advisable, James, to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener."
"Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it."
2006-02-19, 8:12 PM #14
They should just scrap the whole story except for Oot and MM, and have the new game take place after that.
2006-02-19, 8:42 PM #15
[QUOTE=Unknown User]They should just scrap the whole story except for Oot and MM, and have the new game take place after that.[/QUOTE]

No.

ALttP > *
D E A T H
2006-02-19, 8:50 PM #16
I want Twilight Princess ;-;
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-02-19, 8:53 PM #17
I would LOVE to see ALttP seen in 3D. I'm sure this is gonna piss of many but I'm sure seeing the Dark World in all dimensions visible would soothe some souls.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-02-19, 9:14 PM #18
Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW:
I SAID MESSY FIRST I WIN

You are wrong.
>>untie shoes
2006-02-19, 9:51 PM #19
Originally posted by Bill:
You are wrong.

STFU I WAS TALKING ABOUT 7 OMG
Moo.
2006-02-19, 9:52 PM #20
Yes but you said messy second. You lose.
>>untie shoes
2006-02-19, 9:59 PM #21
Originally posted by Bill:
Yes but you said messy second. You lose. YOU BIG FAT HITLER-LOVING NAZI FASCIST PIG.

OMG NO GODWIN'D I WIN

[edit: omg ninja editted]

(and now for a word from our sponsor)

in all seriousness, I personally view the series as something akin to what was mentioned in the article Revan posted; that each game is a retelling of the legend. some of them are quite obviously linked (OoT and MM), but other than that, trying to link them together (no pun intended) can become really forced and contrived, and imo doesn't quite do justice to the games as individual stories
Moo.
2006-02-19, 11:21 PM #22
LttP > OoT > WW > *
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-02-20, 12:26 AM #23
Originally posted by JediGandalf:
WW was good until you had to hunt for the triforce pieces. My God was that the most tedious part of the game. Not only did I have to hunt for triforce, I had to hunt for rupees to pay off the ****er Tinkle.

thats why you do more than one trip back to him, because that way, you can get more money to keep you in cash.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2006-02-20, 1:19 AM #24
A Link to the Past is my favorite.
2006-02-20, 2:38 AM #25
I don't know why so many people had problems collecting the Triforce pieces on WW. Did you have the teleporting song? That made things a lot faster for me. Do you prefer ninjas to pirates? As a pirate fan, I didn't mind the high seas at all.

Then again, I like to explore the games I play, and actually found one or two pieces because of just that. I take my time, where as it seems many others like to rush through games.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2006-02-20, 9:33 AM #26
Probably because Miyamoto apoligized for the tri force part in WW.
2006-02-20, 10:14 AM #27
Originally posted by tofu:
Probably because Miyamoto apoligized for the tri force part in WW.

That doesn't mean he had to. Gamers are just impatient bastards.
D E A T H
2006-02-20, 10:25 AM #28
Link's Awakening FTW.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-02-20, 12:42 PM #29
ok, commence messiness:

this is for the only games I know (which end at MM)

one thing to know is that not all of the "links" are the same person, he is more of a nameless hero and each time period calls for a hero at which point the new Link steps forth to assume the role. (the same is true for Zelda)

this is the best I can do

Link1:
OT
MM

Link2:
A Link to the Past. >>>>>> somewhere out here: Links Awakening.

somewhere in here falls the other games that I don't know about,
oricle games are another Link.
Minish Cap: No clue.

Link X: this is probably the last link in the cronology (as of now)
Legend of Zelda
The Adventure of Link

Wind Waker might be out here...

sorry thats all I got.
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-02-20, 12:54 PM #30
Have Link, Zelda and Ganondorf (or some variation thereof) been in every Zelda game?

And will they all be in Twilight Princess too?

And when is Twilight Princess coming out??? I've already got 40 bucks down on it. I was expecting a t-shirt or something, cause I paid for it either last April or last November.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-02-20, 1:12 PM #31
Link yes.

Gannondorf is accualy a variant of Gannon who is the main boss of the zelda games. but he was not in MM for one, possibly others.

and Zelda was also not in MM.

(thats Majora's Mask)
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-02-20, 1:23 PM #32
Oh yeah! Duh, I should've known that. I have the collector's edition for GC.

ooooo I can't wait till the Revolution comes out. Gonna buy it, along with Twilight Princess, then I'll give my GC and Sonic Adventure DX to a homeless shelter.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-02-20, 2:46 PM #33
I've been playing OoT for the past week or so on my PJ64... ahh brings back so many good memories.
2006-02-20, 3:49 PM #34
The chronology section here:

http://www.answers.com/topic/the-legend-of-zelda-series?method=22

seems to be the most comprehensive.

Wouldnt it be sweet if they went back from the original Legend of Zelda and made all the games into 3D for the revolution...????? Yes it would
2006-02-20, 4:20 PM #35
No.

No it wouldn't.
2006-02-20, 4:22 PM #36
I can't believe anyone in their right mind liked majora's mask.
2006-02-20, 4:30 PM #37
I liked the creepy moon ;)
2006-02-20, 6:14 PM #38
[QUOTE=Unknown User]The chronology section here:

http://www.answers.com/topic/the-legend-of-zelda-series?method=22

seems to be the most comprehensive.

Wouldnt it be sweet if they went back from the original Legend of Zelda and made all the games into 3D for the revolution...????? Yes it would[/QUOTE]

thats just from wikipedia, as posted earlier

↑ Up to the top!