Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Meh, don't know what to put here.
Meh, don't know what to put here.
2006-02-19, 8:49 PM #1
So I play bass in the Jazz Band at my school. Well, we go to this festival, and our band is known for winning. So we start playing (I play the first song) and everything goes great. Then the next song, the balled (someone else played bass on this) goes good also. The next one I play, the funk song, my favorite and our closing song. So we start playing and in the middle of the song the amp goes “BOOM!” and then lets out this high defining squeal that sounded like a cat was getting a screwdriver drove through him. So this throws off the drummer, and that throws off the band. I flip the amp off and don’t play the rest of the song (which was disastrous). Then the tech guy came on the stage and says to me “Well bud, it looks like your cord is bad.”
I say, “No, I’ve had this cord for a long time, never done anything bad. It’s the amp, get a new one.”

Well, he still insists it is. So I walk off, furious because we lost because of a piece of crap amp. Then the next band comes on, and it happens to that bass player, too.
Then the guy says “Oh we better get a new amp here.”
“No **** Sherlock!”
I am so pissed at this point.

So the rest of the day goes fine, I eat lunch around 12. Then after hours of clinics and concerts, I am sick of Jazz. I go downstairs to buy some dinner (this was at a college), and all of the food places were closed. 9 at night, nothing to get out of the vending machine because all I have is 20’s and 10’s, and it’s snowing outside and I don’t want to walk off campus to go to a Wendy’s ¾ a mile away. So me and my friend go looking around in all these rooms and stuff, and after about 20 minutes of searching we find a room full of pizza, subs, brownies, cookies, soda (even thought I don’t drink it), and all this other crap. Turns out this food was for the staff (Bull **** we decide.) So me and my friend jack half a pizza, some subs, and brownies. Oh man, it was awesome. So we are heading outside to eat it, and my friend almost set off the fire alarm. Luckily I stopped him. Man, the food was good. Well, that was my terrible Saturday, got up at 5 am and didn’t get home till 11 pm. I’m glad I don’t go to school Monday.
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-02-19, 9:14 PM #2
maybe the other guy had a bad cord too
2006-02-19, 9:29 PM #3
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']maybe the other guy had a bad cord too

<3

↑ Up to the top!