Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Freaks and Geeks
Freaks and Geeks
2006-02-20, 12:54 PM #1
The past few days I've had the priviledge of being able to watch the first and only season of Freaks and Geeks. Man alive, talk about a show that shouldn't have been cancelled. I've been blown away by it's quality. It's a show about High School that isn't horribly cliched. And the music, wow. Talk about wedding visuals to audio. I was reminded of "Almost Famous" constantly. Once again, further proof that the best shows on TV often get the axe before their time. Anybody else a fan of the show?
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2006-02-20, 12:56 PM #2
Originally posted by Nubs:
Once again, further proof that the best shows on TV often get the axe before their time.

Firefly.

Sorry, I had to. You were saying?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-02-20, 12:57 PM #3
And some shows start to get better just before they are cancelled. :/
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-02-20, 1:08 PM #4
Originally posted by Matterialize:
Firefly.

Sorry, I had to. You were saying?

Yeah, I see Freaks and Geeks as Exhibit 1, with Firefly being 1a. FOX has no clue how to promote a good show.
2006-02-20, 2:36 PM #5
I'd have to say that it is my second favorite TV show and the DVD set I have is deffinately one of my prized possesions.
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2006-02-20, 2:58 PM #6
Originally posted by Nubs:
Yeah, I see Freaks and Geeks as Exhibit 1, with Firefly being 1a. FOX has no clue how to promote a good show.

Freaks and Geeks was on NBC :p
D E A T H
2006-02-20, 3:23 PM #7
pwnd
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-02-20, 3:31 PM #8
yeah, i saw it when it first aired. it was awesome. people are a problem.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-02-20, 7:27 PM #9
It was on NBC? Man, my wrath is spreading to other networks now.
2006-02-20, 7:38 PM #10
Can't say I ever say Freaks and Geeks, but I'd like to reiterate the fact that Fox sucks. They cancelled The Lone Gunmen. And Brimstone.
2006-02-20, 7:44 PM #11
Still my favorite show.
2006-02-20, 8:03 PM #12
Just finished watching 5 straight episode of Freaks and Geeks. This is why it rules

1. Biff (Back to the Future) is in it. And he's awesome
2. Goldberg (D2: Mighty Ducks) is in it, and he's funny
3. Kickass Soundtrack
4. All the characters are hilarious

But most importantly, BIFF
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-02-20, 8:28 PM #13
There are a lot of quality shows that get cancelled, but it comes down to business when it's all said and done. Sadly, a really good show doesn't always translate into ratings. The worst is when a show doesn't even get a good shot, like Firefly.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!