Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Anybody like Guns?
Anybody like Guns?
2006-02-20, 8:57 PM #41
Originally posted by Yecti:
You're a minor and I'm going to be selling them at a silent auction for a charity. Sorry bud. I'm more interested in the tax write-off for '06 since I'm going to be buying ANOTHER house.

I've got a few though..

M1918A2 Browning Automatic Rifle (BAR // WWII)
M-79 (vietnam, no ammo)
MP5-K
HK USP
Colt .45 service pistol
2 S&W .22 rifles
Winchester 12Guage, double barrell shotgun

There's a few more as well. A lot of them are things that I inherited from my grandfather... So the BAR might not be sold, as might not the M-79. I'm not sure. There are other guns as well that are "classic", or "historic".

I'm not sure if this wasn't clear before, but these are FULL CALIBER weapons. NOT airsoft or pelet guns.

You have a live/functional BAR..?

That Glock you posted is 6mm, btw. ;)
woot!
2006-02-20, 8:58 PM #42
I am a minor, but , I'd just give my parents the money. Not interested in any of those anyway :S.
2006-02-20, 8:58 PM #43
I just got this today.

[http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b69/Space_Bandit/0220062143.jpg]

You may remember these guys carrying them.

[http://www.clantemplates.com/renders/gallery/data/media/71/police_pose1.gif]
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2006-02-20, 8:58 PM #44
Originally posted by JLee:
You have a live/functional BAR..?

That Glock you posted is 6mm, btw. ;)

Yes, the BAR is "live" though it hasn't been cleaned or fired in probably 10+ years.

It was just a good detail image from Google. I don't have any pictures handy.. Which is why I linked to the article about the weapon itself.

[edit: good eye though! I didn't even notice the airsoft pelets in the magazine. That's one hell of a worn out mag... It's not even hi-cap. :p)
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-02-20, 9:00 PM #45
Yes, the BAR is "live" though it hasn't been cleaned or fired in probably 10+ years.

It was just a good detail image from Google. I don't have any pictures handy.. Which is why I linked to the article about the weapon itself.

It's legal (registered Class III)? Quite a prize you have there - I wouldn't sell if I were you. Pics? :)

My dad is in the market for a PPK/S - do you plan on selling it?
woot!
2006-02-20, 9:05 PM #46
It's legal (registered Class III)? Quite a prize you have there - I wouldn't sell if I were you. Pics? :)

I would assume I'd answer no to your first question. I'm not sure :oops:. The gun was part of my inheritance from my grandfather after he passed away. I only recently found out about it because a storage locker that he had maintained in Arizona we had overlooked until a month ago when I received a bill (as his living, legal contact) for the place. I had it emptied and the contents shipped to me. The gun itself was in a large black case (leather on top of a hard canvas) with a small lock on the side. We clipped the lock and found the rifle. As of yet, I've not had it appraised, and I can't even tell you WHEN the rifle was last used / cleaned / fired. I can safely assume 10+ years, as my grandfather has been deceased for longer than that. :)

I'm assuming it's valuable, and I'm also thinking that he may have USED the rifle in the war... So for sentiment's sake, I'm wrestling with it. My fiancee doesn't want me to keep it (it's quite large and gainly), but I want to shadowbox it with some of his other possessions.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-02-20, 9:06 PM #47
You should keep it man.
2006-02-20, 9:15 PM #48
and clean it... please

hopefully the bore hasn't been ruined by years of neglect
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-02-20, 9:18 PM #49
I would assume I'd answer no to your first question. I'm not sure :oops:. The gun was part of my inheritance from my grandfather after he passed away. I only recently found out about it because a storage locker that he had maintained in Arizona we had overlooked until a month ago when I received a bill (as his living, legal contact) for the place. I had it emptied and the contents shipped to me. The gun itself was in a large black case (leather on top of a hard canvas) with a small lock on the side. We clipped the lock and found the rifle. As of yet, I've not had it appraised, and I can't even tell you WHEN the rifle was last used / cleaned / fired. I can safely assume 10+ years, as my grandfather has been deceased for longer than that. :)

I'm assuming it's valuable, and I'm also thinking that he may have USED the rifle in the war... So for sentiment's sake, I'm wrestling with it. My fiancee doesn't want me to keep it (it's quite large and gainly), but I want to shadowbox it with some of his other possessions.

Keep it - and please, please clean it!

Were the other Class III firearms inherited as well? There's federal paperwork involved in transferring ownership of them, so you may want to make sure that's taken care of.

If you concede to your girlfriend, I'd be more than happy to pay the $200 ATF transfer fee and keep the BAR for you..I would hate to see it demilled.. :(
woot!
2006-02-20, 10:13 PM #50
Significant difference between the two - are you looking for a compact or fullsize - 9mm or .40?

I know they're different. I just haven't decided if I want a 9mm or the .40. I've fired both and really like them a lot.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-21, 2:29 AM #51
Originally posted by Avenger:
I know they're different. I just haven't decided if I want a 9mm or the .40. I've fired both and really like them a lot.

If you like the compact Glock 19 but want the extra punch of a .40, consider a Glock 23. :)
woot!

↑ Up to the top!