Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So how addicted to Massassi are you?
So how addicted to Massassi are you?
2006-02-21, 12:37 AM #1
I was just curious how many of you are so addicted to Massassi, that you refresh/check the forums five times a minute, wishing that there was a bajillion new posts a second to keep you entertained. What makes it better, of course, is that no matter how bored you are or how many times you've checked the forums in the past five minutes, there are just some threads or some boards that you never bother to look at. Some threads just say "stay away" to me I guess, I dunno.

So... uh.... post your lame stories, jokes, whatever about being addicted to Massassi.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2006-02-21, 12:38 AM #2
Originally posted by Gebohq:
that you refresh/check the forums five times a minute, wishing that there was a bajillion new posts a second to keep you entertained.

damn you, now I feel sad :(
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-02-21, 12:43 AM #3
C'mon, it's 3:41am here. I'm looking at Bash and forums. Cut me some slack here. I only look at this forum anyway, because the others pretty much require you to know something about something that's not completely random.

And I stay away from any topic with "WHO LIKES [crapwich]" in the title lately.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-02-21, 12:56 AM #4
Originally posted by Ruthven:
damn you, now I feel sad :(

Don't be sad, man. If no one else will admit to being addicted, you know that at least I am :)
2006-02-21, 1:45 AM #5
Not exactly every 5 minutes, but quite randomly.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-02-21, 3:02 AM #6
I usually keep a window open for the forums when I'm browsing or doing work or whatever. Every now and then I'll refresh it to check new posts. I'll refresh it quite often when I'm working, actually. I get distracted easily :(

And yeah, some threads I never seem to want to click on. Weird, huh?
2006-02-21, 4:31 AM #7
depend on what i'm doing, if i've got a game being played, every hour or more.
school and sleep leave a 6 - 9 to more hour gap
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-02-21, 4:55 AM #8
Well I check it once in a while everyday. Sometimes I'll check on the forums more often than others. I'm still trying to figure out how the hell I started posting back here again. :confused:
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-02-21, 6:24 AM #9
I check Massassi forums maybe 6 times a day. And then I only check out threads, which have titles that look at least a bit interesting. Many don't, so I never visit them.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2006-02-21, 8:10 AM #10
I visit the forums two or three times a day for five minutes each. Not exactly addicted . . .
2006-02-21, 8:14 AM #11
I'm almost as addicted to Massassi as I am to alcohol.

My morning routine after my shower involves either Irish Coffee or Bailey's, then Massassi. Lunch is a sandwich and Guinness and then some Massassi. Then a few drinks that afternoon and a few times on Massassi. Later that night, I usually pop a bottle of wine and then Massassi and then my girlfriend yells at me cause she needs it.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-02-21, 8:18 AM #12
I check the forums a couple times a day. I don't always post, but I read or at least glance over most threads.
Historians are the most powerful and dangerous members of any society. They must be watched carefully... They can spoil everything. - Nikita Khrushchev.
Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god. - Jean Rostand.
2006-02-21, 8:21 AM #13
I post and maintain a set of characters in a thread that has no end. That alone is enough to show how addicted I am :p
2006-02-21, 8:32 AM #14
I check when ever I get a chance. Depending on what I'm doing, that can be quite often during the day. Sometimes, it's only once a day.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-21, 8:36 AM #15
I refresh constantly. :(
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-02-21, 8:53 AM #16
Hi, my name's JediKirby... and I'm totally addicted. From the time I get home to when I go to bed, I'm on massassi, refreshing every 5 minutes or so to see what's new. Granted, I'm doing SEVERAL other things, like video editing, modeling, writing, reading, telephoning business stuff, etc. And I know EXACTLY what you mean about some threads you NEVER click on. I basically have to refresh 3 or 4 times without anything interesting popping up before I click on a "don't click" thread. There's usually NO reason for not clicking, and I end up posting in it anyway.

Other times, I'll join a thread, leave it, go do something else, and post back in a few hours without reading new posts.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-02-21, 9:03 AM #17
My massassi story is a combination of what has been posted here. I wake up. I take a shower. I check Massassi. I go to school. Do some work. I check massassi. I come home. I check Massassi. I keep a chat window of #massassi open for most of the night. I refresh every 5-10 minutes to check for new posts. I only read about 10% of the threads, and sometimes I will read an entire 3 page thread and not respond to it.

I used to have a girlfriend. I don't anymore.
>>untie shoes
2006-02-21, 9:05 AM #18
<3
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-02-21, 9:09 AM #19
*Does math problem* *Checks Massassi* *Does math problem* *Checks Massassi* Except now I've finished my Math. Wait- no I haven't. Doh!
2006-02-21, 9:11 AM #20
Wake up, check massassi, go to school , go home, go to work, go home, check massassi, go hang out with friends, go home, go to bed.

Weekends are different though...

Wake up, check massassi, go do stuff with friends, go home, go to bed.
Think while it's still legal.
2006-02-21, 9:12 AM #21
I managed to ignore Massassi for a few months until someone told me abouth Sith2 and JKR. I eventually found my way back to the other forums and although 90% of the threads are garbage, there are generally a few interesting ones. That 10%, as well as the Showcase Forum are what keep me here.
2006-02-21, 9:14 AM #22
Originally posted by MentatMM:
I managed to ignore Massassi for a few months until someone told me abouth Sith2 and JKR. I eventually found my way back to the other forums and although 90% of the threads are garbage, there are generally a few interesting ones. That 10%, as well as the Showcase Forum are what keep me here.

Holy ****, sweet. My project is bringing people BACK to massassi. That's seriously an honor to hear... Thanks!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-02-21, 9:33 AM #23
Originally posted by JediKirby:
Holy ****, sweet. My project is bringing people BACK to massassi. That's seriously an honor to hear... Thanks!

Stop posting and work! Faster! Faster! :mad:
2006-02-21, 10:23 AM #24
I'm going to be late to work right now because I had to catch up from last night. >_>

...not addicted at all.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2006-02-21, 10:30 AM #25
I'm nowhere near as addicted as I used to be... I'm posting only once, maybe twice a day average anymore (assuming I do post).

I don't check every day -- I check up on massassi most days, but some times like yesterday I just don't get around to it.

And I've only posted 2 threads in the past half year....
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2006-02-21, 5:59 PM #26
Originally posted by quesadilla_red:
I'm going to be late to work right now because I had to catch up from last night. >_>

...not addicted at all.

"Catch up?"

Hooray for denial!

[QUOTE=Cool Matty]I post and maintain a set of characters in a thread that has no end. That alone is enough to show how addicted I am :p[/QUOTE]

The ISB counts as part of Massassi? ;)
2006-02-21, 6:15 PM #27
does once a day count....

my life currently exists for the sake of watching Scrubs....in the past two days alone I've done 2 1/4 seasons...

if I suddenly start sprouting quotes from it you know why....although I'm already thinking like JD, which is starting to scare some people.
People of our generation should not be subjected to mornings.

Rbots
2006-02-21, 6:23 PM #28
You are your post count.
error; function{getsig} returns 'null'
2006-02-21, 7:29 PM #29
You are not your post count. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. We are all part of the same compost heap.
Historians are the most powerful and dangerous members of any society. They must be watched carefully... They can spoil everything. - Nikita Khrushchev.
Kill one man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god. - Jean Rostand.
2006-02-21, 8:12 PM #30
except for whoever posts next, they're in the recycling
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-02-21, 8:13 PM #31
I check Massassi far, far to often...

But I usually don't have anything spectacular to say, so I lurk.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2006-02-21, 9:27 PM #32
Originally posted by Achelois:
I check Massassi far, far to often...

But I usually don't have anything spectacular to say, so I lurk.

Since when do you need something spectacular to say? Post stupid stuff!
2006-02-21, 10:13 PM #33
I'm quite addicted.

If the showcase were more active it'd be worse than heroin.
2006-02-21, 10:18 PM #34
I remember the Showcase Forum's glory days. holy god, they were as active as the discussion forums are today. Man, I'm not kidding, they were exploding with activity. you literally had to post immediatly so your post made sense, because threads would make 3 pages in hours. It was insane.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-02-22, 2:53 AM #35
I'm in the chat almost all the time- quite literally. As for the forums, well I don't post that frequently, but I'm often around, watching... :em321:
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2006-02-22, 7:02 AM #36
Originally posted by JediKirby:
I remember the Showcase Forum's glory days. holy god, they were as active as the discussion forums are today. Man, I'm not kidding, they were exploding with activity. you literally had to post immediatly so your post made sense, because threads would make 3 pages in hours. It was insane.

aye, golden days :(
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-02-22, 7:49 AM #37
Oh, check it at least 4 or 5 times a day and post maybe once a week. I'm very sporadic in my postings.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2006-02-22, 7:51 AM #38
MASSASSI IS MY LIFE.

I'm pathetic. :(
2006-02-22, 9:32 AM #39
Hello my name is Baconfish, and I'm a...... Massassic?

I keep the window open and refresh every so often if I'm on the pc. #Massassi every so often.

Stop being so damn compelling!

:(
nope.

↑ Up to the top!