Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Bush wants to raise military health care cost
Bush wants to raise military health care cost
2006-02-21, 11:12 PM #1
http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/02/21/military.healthcare.ap/index.html

For those not on active duty. Basically if you get your leg or arm blown off, or take a bullet to the head and become legally retarded, you're screwed.

Quote:
To help contain those costs, President Bush's proposal includes higher prescription drug co-payments for all beneficiaries of military health care except those on active duty, and increased annual enrollment fees for military retirees under age 65.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2006-02-21, 11:15 PM #2
And what do you think of this, THRAWN?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-02-21, 11:23 PM #3
On one hand I find it hilarious, that all those who were "PRO-BUSH" and what not will most likely see this and realize that this man is truly a horrible person. On the other I find it sad people didn't realize this 6 years ago and only now, when he still has 2 years left to ruin our country and how he is screwing up these people's lives, while giving tax cuts to the oil industry who is making more money than any other industry in the history of history.
2006-02-21, 11:48 PM #4
I blame the spineless Republican partisan legislators that would follow Bush off a cliff. I want to punch Bush's legislative puppets who convert his proposals into bills.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-02-22, 12:28 AM #5
Originally posted by Freelancer:
I blame the spineless Republican partisan legislators that would follow Bush off a cliff. I want to punch Bush's legislative puppets who convert his proposals into bills.

So every Republican excpet McCain :p
2006-02-22, 12:52 AM #6
Originally posted by THRAWN:
http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/02/21/military.healthcare.ap/index.html

For those not on active duty. Basically if you get your leg or arm blown off, or take a bullet to the head and become legally retarded, you're screwed.

ummmm an active duty personnel would never get his leg blow off or take a bullet to the head and become legally retarded because once a reserve, gaurd is deployed they are considered an active component. this isn't that big of a deal cutting health care off of reservists who serve on 12 weekends out of a year. Just get your facts straight before you go bash bush.
2006-02-22, 6:24 AM #7
then if he got his arm blown off on duty and went off duty his health care costs wouldn't get inflated?

though i agree about the reservist part not being such a huge deal.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2006-02-22, 7:50 AM #8
Yeah.

You know, this says nothing about the seriously injured.

And despite the preliminary health costs, having no arm isn't a trip to the hospital everyday.

If anything, you'd get disability for that.

In other words, start *****ing for more disability pay for military peoples.
2006-02-22, 7:50 AM #9
The money has to come from somewhere, and I'd rather it come out of the people that got shot or need their drugs or lost a leg than from me.
2006-02-22, 8:42 AM #10
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]The money has to come from somewhere, and I'd rather it come out of the people that got shot or need their drugs or lost a leg than from me.[/QUOTE]
And yet they're still willing to defend the rights of ungrateful people like you...
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-02-22, 8:47 AM #11
Originally posted by Roach:
And yet they're still willing to defend the rights of ungrateful people like you...

Quoted for truth.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2006-02-22, 8:48 AM #12
Whether or not an individual believes the current "war effort" is defending his or her freedoms is an entirely different issue to be argued.

Thats irrelevant regarding the given current events, if you ask me.

What we're arguing here is INCREASED MEDICAL STUFFS for people NOT ON ACTIVE DUTY.

Nowhere in that article did it mention, DISABILITY, or the critically injured. For which I'm not sure there are specific rules or not.

ACTIVE DUTY, could be alot of things. Including desk jockeying, and a plethora of other NON-COMBAT type jobs.

I'll wait for Jorbo or Hoard to express their concerns before I go all up WAHHHHHHHHHing in someone elses shoes.
2006-02-22, 8:52 AM #13
Originally posted by Rob:
Whether or not an individual believes the current "war effort" is defending his or her freedoms is an entirely different issue to be argued.

I said absolutely nothing about the current war effort. The fact is, if you're in the service, you're willing to fight a fight that may come along that may risk the liberties of the civilians. Unfortunately, they also get sent to other fights, but the whole "willing to defend your freedoms" thing never changes.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-02-22, 9:37 AM #14
Health care prices are up, and Bush is not to blame for that. Stop being a Bush-hating bandwagoner and get an opinion of your own.

Originally posted by Freelancer:

I blame the trial lawyers who take ridiculous lawsuits against the health care providers, and the dumb-*** juries who agree to shell out the money.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-22, 9:39 AM #15
Agreed, TORT will be the downfall of our medical system.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-02-22, 9:39 AM #16
Putting aside whether or not they're defending us or butting into the affairs of other countries, we still pay their wages and everything else for them. Our society is getting so drug dependent, and I don't want to pay for some off duty army dude's happy pills or whatever else. They can pay for some of it themselves.
2006-02-22, 9:42 AM #17
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]Putting aside whether or not they're defending us or butting into the affairs of other countries, we still pay their wages and everything else for them. Our society is getting so drug dependent, and I don't want to pay for some off duty army dude's happy pills or whatever else. They can pay for some of it themselves.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but that's not what you said before. You said paying for battle wounds.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-02-22, 9:44 AM #18
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]Putting aside whether or not they're defending us or butting into the affairs of other countries, we still pay their wages and everything else for them. Our society is getting so drug dependent, and I don't want to pay for some off duty army dude's happy pills or whatever else. They can pay for some of it themselves.[/QUOTE]

They still pay taxes you fool.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-02-22, 9:44 AM #19
Yeah. That's a different situatuion. This cost increase is for dependants and retired/former military members.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-22, 9:45 AM #20
Originally posted by Roach:
Yeah, but that's not what you said before. You said paying for battle wounds.

Yeah, that's because I'm a jerk. The second post is the non jerk one. Not as jerky.
2006-02-22, 3:53 PM #21
Originally posted by Spook:

I was under the impression they didn't pay taxes on their paychecks. Or at least, taxes weren't deducted.
D E A T H
2006-02-22, 3:57 PM #22
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]I was under the impression they didn't pay taxes on their paychecks. Or at least, taxes weren't deducted.[/QUOTE]

When you are overseas in a tax free zone (Iraq, Japan is not one of these) you don't pay income tax and property tax is deferred, but you still pay it. The rest of the time taxes are as normal.
2006-02-22, 4:37 PM #23
Originally posted by Spook:

Actually, when you get injured in combat and receive a Purple Heart, you never have to pay taxes again...
"The solution is simple."
2006-02-22, 6:03 PM #24
Originally posted by CaptBevvil:
Actually, when you get injured in combat and receive a Purple Heart, you never have to pay taxes again...

False.
2006-02-22, 6:05 PM #25
Originally posted by CaptBevvil:

You smoked too much world of warcrack.....

(bad joke)
2006-02-22, 6:16 PM #26
Military personnel recieving combat pay aren't taxed for the time they are deployed.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-22, 6:17 PM #27
Deployed or in active duty?
2006-02-22, 6:24 PM #28
deployed
2006-02-22, 7:35 PM #29
Yeah. You can be on active duty when there is no war going on. If you're on active duty during such a time and stationed in the US, you;re subject to the same income tax as everyone else.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-22, 7:51 PM #30
I'm just took the ASVAB today for my Coast Guard elistment. This make me mad.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-02-22, 8:10 PM #31
Originally posted by KnightRider2000:
I'm just took the ASVAB today for my Coast Guard elistment. This make me mad.

The Coast Guard is technically not a branch of the military except in time of war. I do think they still use the same DoD pay scales and such.

But again, it's not changing anything for active duty. It's reservist.

But then again, people who are pointing to the evil of President Bush...

He raised my life insurance policy in the military from 250,000 to 400,000. And made it cheaper. I don't care what you say, I am never going to hate him just for that. an additional 150,000 for my loved ones is something good.

EDIT:By the way, what did you score?
2006-02-22, 8:49 PM #32
The Coast Guard is it's own branch of the military, or it used to be. I think it's Homeland Security now. They can be called to service as part of the Navy in wartime.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-23, 8:27 PM #33
It's under Homeland Defense in a time of war, else it's under the Navy.

Which is stupid, it shouldn't change leadership right in the middle of a crisis period... but a debate for a different day.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!

↑ Up to the top!