Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → ie7 beta anyone? seamonkey?
ie7 beta anyone? seamonkey?
2006-02-22, 11:12 AM #1
has anyone tried ie7 beta yet? i just read a review that seems to give it a positive feel. i downloaded it but haven't installed it yet.

what do you think?

and what about seamonkey? i hear it'll save you settings/bookmarks online so you can use seamonkey on any computer and 'log in' to get your settings.
2006-02-22, 11:23 AM #2
I've had it installed for a while (along with Opera 9 beta) - it's not bad, but I still find myself using Firefox.
woot!
2006-02-22, 11:43 AM #3
i saw it a few days ago, but since no mac version, no trying.
2006-02-22, 2:50 PM #4
friend of mine downloaded the installer and it crashed before it even finished installing. once it was installed he could only say that it was nothing impressive at all. just showed how MS was behind the times. he then went back to maxthon. (been trying to convert him to a gecko-based browser for a long time... no luck yet)
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2006-02-22, 4:38 PM #5
I found it quite nice, but I depend on too many Firefox extensions for it to be useful.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-02-22, 6:33 PM #6
I'm using SeaMonkey now. It's basically what Mozilla 1.8 was going to be, except they changed the name. Some reason it just seems snappier to me, probably just my imagination.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-02-22, 7:27 PM #7
IE7 beta is missing the most important feature that was promised... web page compatibility. In fact some people are saying IE6 was better in some areas.

Supposedly, in places where IE6 glitches were used to work around bigger problems, the bigger problems remain but the glitches are patched, leaving many page broken.

2006-02-22, 7:32 PM #8
Wait, so, is it out for open beta to non-msdn people? (ie can you point me to a page where I can get it from)
一个大西瓜
2006-02-22, 7:46 PM #9
Originally posted by Pommy:
Wait, so, is it out for open beta to non-msdn people? (ie can you point me to a page where I can get it from)

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/ie7/default.mspx
woot!
2006-02-22, 8:00 PM #10
Thanks.
一个大西瓜
2006-02-23, 3:16 AM #11
Bwahahahahahaha!
A slightly more stripy Gee_4ce, and more than just Something British...

Visit the home of Corporal G on the Internets
2006-02-23, 3:59 AM #12
Originally posted by Gee_4ce:
Bwahahahahahaha!

Eh? :confused:
woot!
2006-02-24, 8:06 PM #13
Wow. SO INCREDIBLY ugly
Attachment: 10676/fdsafdsa.jpg (75,414 bytes)
一个大西瓜
2006-02-24, 8:18 PM #14
Hmm, apparently it doesnt run in Wine. How can they expect themselves to be taken seriously if they dont ensure their products run on all current win32 implementations? :o
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2006-02-24, 8:21 PM #15
Heheh.

Honestly, I like IE7. I would even use it over the memory-hogging, somewhat unstable newer Firefox releases if I didn't depend on so many extensions.

Actually, that memory hogging is a caching feature. I wish it were more easily disabled, though. Doesn't really bother me though.

IE7 is at least an upgrade for those who refuse to use Firefox.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2006-02-24, 8:50 PM #16
it's not fair. I go through all the trouble of torrenting it then they make it legal. :( >.>

It's nice seeing how, supposedly, more pages break in IE7 than IE6... and there are now fewer ways to unbreak them. Firefox FTW!

↑ Up to the top!