Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → CO2 Tank Label
CO2 Tank Label
2006-02-22, 6:20 PM #1
For a project for AIChE we're building a car powered by a chemical reaction. Our pressure vessel is a 9 oz chrome-moly CO2 tank used for paintball. While the tank appears in good shape and we've used it thus far with no problems, we need to show that this is safe. There is what be believe to be a 3000 psi rupture valve on the tank. Our main concern now is proving that the tank is ok to operate at ~250-300°F and < 100psi. While I can find websites that state this alloy can stand over 2000°C I'd like something more solid.

Does anybody have any CO2 tanks like this with temperature and pressure ratings on them? Proof in the form of a picture of the label or rating would be great. If this doesn't seem realistic and we're being unsafe, let me know.

Thanks.
Yet Another Massassi Map | Sadly I Have a Blog Too
2006-02-22, 7:01 PM #2
shouldn't there be label(s) on the tank itself? the rupture disk should also have a specific rating as well.
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2006-02-22, 7:07 PM #3
The rupture disk has a marking of 3000 on it, which I take to be psi.

The label for the most part has peel off, and what remains doesn't have a manufacturer or rating, just something along the lines of "Moly-Chrome CO2 Tank. Caution: Contents Under Pressure" following by part of a disclaimer.
Yet Another Massassi Map | Sadly I Have a Blog Too

↑ Up to the top!