Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → "Hey, let's golf through the stargate!"
"Hey, let's golf through the stargate!"
2006-02-27, 8:03 PM #1
"Oh crap guys, we don't have a stargate anymore. It's on loan to the SGC."
"Well, I wanna shoot golfballs into space somehow."
"Okay."

http://www.space.com/missionlaunches/ft_060227_exp13_golf.html
Stuff
2006-02-27, 8:09 PM #2
um, it's not like the wind is going to catch it or anything like that...
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-02-27, 8:38 PM #3
I thought was was going to be about how awesome "Window of Opportunity" was.
Pissed Off?
2006-02-27, 8:43 PM #4
I remember that episode, it was the Groundhog's Day one, and they knock it through to some planet like 93 trillion light years away.

-"That's gotta be some kind of record."
2006-02-27, 8:48 PM #5
That was a great episode. I laugh every time it's on.

"IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING!?"
"Three fries short of a happy meal WACKO"
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2006-02-27, 8:56 PM #6
"You are not the only one who has to endure pain, O'Neill."
*wham*
"Oh! Sorry, sir!"
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-02-28, 12:01 AM #7
That was a great episode. "I'm taking this loop off."
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2006-02-28, 5:59 AM #8
Originally posted by Wolfy:
"You are not the only one who has to endure pain, O'Neill."
*wham*
"Oh! Sorry, sir!"

"You have said that to me a great many times."
"Sir? I..."
"Next time I may not be so forgiving."

:D

"Colonel, why are you out of uniform?"
"Hi, George. Here's my resignation."
"What? Jack, why?"
"So I can do... this."

>.>

2006-02-28, 7:48 AM #9
[QUOTE=The Mega-ZZTer]

"Colonel, why are you out of uniform?"
"Hi, George. Here's my resignation."
"What? Jack, why?"
"So I can do... this."

>.>[/QUOTE]

aaaallll riiiiiiiight *giggidy giggidy OUH!*
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-02-28, 9:19 AM #10
It's lovely to see that our tax dollars are really benefitting the human race...
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2006-02-28, 9:35 AM #11
Originally posted by Daft_Vader:
It's lovely to see that our tax dollars are really benefitting the human race... :rolleyes:

Rolleyes - making lame sarcasm more crappy, one rotation at a time.

(I actually just hate the gif, not the actual statement)
2006-02-28, 9:45 AM #12
Very well, I shall remove the offending smiley, but my thoughts on the subject still stand.
2006-02-28, 9:48 AM #13
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I am so sarcastic now.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-02-28, 9:50 AM #14
[QUOTE=Lord Kuat]Rolleyes - making lame sarcasm more crappy, one rotation at a time.

(I actually just hate the gif, not the actual statement)[/QUOTE]

You're freaking nuts! :rolleyes: is the best gif ever! I don't know what I'd do without it

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-02-28, 10:24 AM #15
It's lovely to see that our tax dollars are really benefitting the human race...

Are you Russian?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-02-28, 12:19 PM #16
Originally posted by Wolfy:
Are you Russian?

Hehe, no I'm not actually. :p

My point is not restricted to nationality however. I'm just saying, why would anyone spend so much money on a program where some guy goes up into space to hit a golfball, and in the process risks damaging a multi-billion dollar space station, all just for the sake of publicity?
2006-02-28, 12:21 PM #17
Hehe, no I'm not actually. :p

My point is not restricted to nationality however. I'm just saying, why would anyone spend so much money on a program where some guy goes up into space to hit a golfball, and in the process risks damaging a multi-billion dollar space station, all just for the sake of publicity?

So that you can afford your multi-billion dollar space station, probably. Publicity=cashflow.
Epstein didn't kill himself.
2006-02-28, 1:55 PM #18

Not Russian! (EDIT: I didn't see Wolfy's post)

The space exploration articles on that site are really cool.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2006-02-28, 1:56 PM #19

Are you from Russia?

>.>

(No, I don't care that people golf in space. In fact, more people should golf in space. Actually, I think I'm going to golf in space.)
2006-02-28, 2:48 PM #20
It'll be funny when 12 billion years from now that golf ball slams into a distant inhabited planet causing a catastrophic event.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-02-28, 2:54 PM #21

silly Russians
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-02-28, 3:45 PM #22
Originally posted by Anovis:
Are you from Russia?

*stab*
2006-03-01, 7:47 AM #23
Originally posted by Sarn_Cadrill:
It'll be funny when 12 billion years from now that golf ball slams into a distant inhabited planet causing a catastrophic event.

Or gets launched into space, loops around pluto and being fired back at the sun, picking up massive amounts of debris and speed as it travels through the asteroid belt, loops around the sun at incredible speed, also melting and hardening the now-massive ball of rock, and fires straight at the moon, slamming into it, cracking it in half and causing half of it to fall into a decaying orbit for earth, while the other half heads for Mars, and the first half falls into the earth, throwing it out of orbit and destroying life as we know it, as the earth then moves rapidly on a collision course for Mars, but the other half of the moon collides with Mars at just the right time, causing Mars to break up, and move with the earth in a massive ball, which loops around Saturn, picking up speed, then loops around the sun again, forming the entire mass into a huge ball of rock, which then whips back toward Jupiter, adding Mercury and Venus to the collective while on its destructive path, and then finally colliding with Jupiter, causing the gases to compress and erupt in a massive explosion which results in the birth of a new star, swallowing Saturn and Uranus with it, while melting down Neptune to nigh-nothing, and absorbing what's left, which leaves pluto on a smooth orbit around the new sun, while the new larger sun begins to enact its gravity on the old sun, causing them to quickly come together, forming a massive explosion yet again, not unlike a supernova, and finally resting with the sun quickly exhausting all of its fuel and becoming a black drawf, which is later analyzed by aliens to discover its origins, which leads them to believe that a golfball, found at the very center of the dwarf, is the key to creating new stars and planets, and begins an expensive campaign to develop the technology, which ends up failing miserably and taking out the alien race with it, leaving no living creatures left in the universe.

All for a stupid golfball.
.hack//SIGN - The World - Just Believe

(Yes, This is Cool Matty)
2006-03-01, 8:06 AM #24
It doesn't matter whether or not he's from russia. :rolleyes: He's talking about the human race
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-01, 8:37 AM #25
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
2006-03-01, 8:45 AM #26
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm still trying to figure out why the forums put a space in the middle.
2006-03-01, 10:05 AM #27

Hmmm, let's see if there is a space without images...
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-03-01, 10:36 AM #28
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Huh. I was going to say it was because it was surrounded by colons, but it didn't screw up :mad:
2006-03-01, 10:46 AM #29
Hehehe... hehehehehe... you said "colon"
Stuff
2006-03-01, 10:53 AM #30
Originally posted by Tsukasa:
long story

You need like, some tranquilizers or something...
Life is beautiful.
2006-03-01, 11:02 AM #31
[QUOTE=Rogue Leader]You need like, some tranquilizers or something...[/QUOTE]

Psh, why would I need tranquilizers? That's nothing compared to the 500 Internal Server Error message I wrote a while back:

OMG YOU BROKED THE SERVER!
YOU DID SOMETHIN THAT PROLLY SCREWED UP THE SERVER! GOOD JOB U IDIOT.
Actually, its a Internal Server Error. Whihc means it couldn't do what was requested of it, which means the idiot who made the file you tried to access probably has a drunken uncle who's dog spilled lemonade on a cow farm in India while the planets wern't correctly aligned causing a massive explosion of every firecracker this side of the Mississipi which meant that every stupid kid around the fireworks stores probably got their eyes blown out while drumming to the chords of the great magician mozart, and how that managed to affect the server in any way in no way reflects the actual problems with the server, and is probably just a load of BS that I am hoping you won't read, since most people don't spend more than a couple seconds on an error page, which gives me the chance to insult your stupidity for staying on this page for this long, but I guess you should get a reward so I'll keep typing and typing over and over like this in a run-on sentence that would scare the wits out of a full grown man and possibly tip a tree in Syberia causing Capt. Nemo to rise from the depths of the sky in his Chitty Chitty Bang Bang thru most of the willy wonka factory contaminating all the menkeys ever to have existed in suburbia. Yes thats right you saw a period, you might want to look at it and stare at it, because its the only point in that entire ramble on that you were supposed to breathe, but I beat you breathed anyway since it IS an involuntary action, and by reading this, I just made you have to make yourself breathe, since when you consciously think about it, you loose involuntary control of your lungs, which doesn't make sense since how can you loose control to something you don't have control of, its sort of like the wormhole blackhole theory where a wormhole is just 2 black holes right next to eachother which could allow quick space flight if it wasn't for the fact that we can't even survive the trip there, not because of the length of the trip, but because they would run out of canned cheese, and the woman of the group would drive the guys mad, causing them to jump out and die, and leaving her to get on the radio and complain back to Houston, which actually doesn't take care of every launch, and then she'll wreck into the moon because women are bad drivers, and the moon will be inverted, which will cause the menkeys to be uncontaiminated, and throw Capt. Nemo back to his 20k leagues while chilling to the grooves of mozart and watching the eyeball popping firecrackers blow a chunk out of the idiot who wrote the website you tried to visit. ITS YOUR FAULT!

Yeah, don't mess with me, I am King of crazylong stupid stories. :D
2006-03-01, 11:11 AM #32
You misspelled "bet".
Stuff
2006-03-01, 11:15 AM #33
Originally posted by kyle90:
You misspelled "bet".

I misspelled a lot of things. I wasn't exactly worried about spelling :p

↑ Up to the top!