Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Spidey 3: real or fake?
Spidey 3: real or fake?
2006-03-01, 8:44 AM #1
Movie details

Oh, and I suppose it could be potential spoilers....if they are correct.

Came across this link by chance. Supposedly, it isn't the best source of info. but apparently it has been accurate from time to time.
2006-03-01, 11:05 AM #2
I dont know, but last weekend I sat next to Jake Gylenhall (spe?) at a Knicks vs Nets game in New York. Hes pretty cool.

Oops, I thought jake was the one who played in Spiderman. Apparantly its Tobey Maguire. Either way, Jake was cool.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-03-01, 11:37 AM #3
Originally posted by drizzt2k2:
I dont know, but last weekend I sat next to Jake Gylenhall (spe?) at a Knicks vs Nets game in New York. Hes pretty cool.

i'm not jake gylenhall
2006-03-01, 1:38 PM #4
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]i'm not jake gylenhall[/QUOTE]

That's ok, you're not cool. ;)
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-03-01, 1:43 PM #5
GG2?

green goblin 2?

dont they mean Hob-Goblin? and his suit was mostly orange.

i say, with a mistake like that, half of this article is irrelevant. i'm sure there are a few gems of truth, but picking them out would be impossible.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2006-03-01, 1:49 PM #6
Harry Osbourne is Green Goblin 2. Hobgoblin was someone different. Thats the way it was in the comics.
2006-03-01, 2:02 PM #7
I would like to see the Spidey and GG2 vs. Sandman and Spawn battle! :cool:
"Oh my god. That just made me want to start cutting" - Aglar
"Why do people from ALL OVER NORTH AMERICA keep asking about CATS?" - Steven, 4/1/2009
2006-03-01, 2:45 PM #8
Originally posted by Ford:
GG2?

green goblin 2?

dont they mean Hob-Goblin? and his suit was mostly orange.

i say, with a mistake like that, half of this article is irrelevant. i'm sure there are a few gems of truth, but picking them out would be impossible.

Yeah, GG2 is 'cannon.'
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-01, 3:02 PM #9
Hobgoblin could almost be considdered a Green Goblin prototype. In the animated series from the 90s, GG didn't show up until a season after HG. Even then, it was another season until GG2 showed up (and his suit was identical to GG)
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2006-03-01, 3:04 PM #10
That was the show, which in it's own was rather good, but isn't considered canon.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-01, 3:19 PM #11
Originally posted by JediKirby:
That was the show, which in it's own was rather good, but isn't considered canon.

Tis true that, but I never followed the comics. I've got a friend that treats them almost like a religion though, so i'll ask him about it the next time i see him (no clue when that'll be though)
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2006-03-01, 3:29 PM #12
If I recall [I own a great number of spidey comics], GG2 is GG's kid, ends up helping Spidey eventually, gets killed, and then Hobgoblin comes back, making spidey think it's his old friend, then getting into a big fight with him. My memory is foggy, though.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-01, 3:34 PM #13
Originally posted by Chewbubba:

OH! BURN![/b]
DO NOT WANT.
2006-03-01, 4:34 PM #14
WOW THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG.

Sam Raimi is a purist, he would never have Spider and GG fight Venom and Sandman. Venom becomes an ALLY with Spidey. This is just a hoax.
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-03-01, 5:00 PM #15
Originally posted by KnightRider2000:

Sam Raimi is a purist, he would never have Spider and GG fight Venom and Sandman. Venom becomes an ALLY with Spidey. This is just a hoax.

It's not Green Goblin. It's Green Goblin 2 who does help Spiderman.
2006-03-01, 5:06 PM #16
Originally posted by Chewbubba:

neither are mediocre actors

but generally

DRIZZT LIES LIKE HE WANTS TO KILL THE JEWS
2006-03-02, 11:41 AM #17
Originally posted by Forsakahn:
Hobgoblin could almost be considdered a Green Goblin prototype. In the animated series from the 90s, GG didn't show up until a season after HG. Even then, it was another season until GG2 showed up (and his suit was identical to GG)

Yeah, especially since the original Green Goblin first appeared in ISSUE 14 of Spiderman, like in 1964. While the Hobgoblin, you know the "prototype", didn't appear until issue 238 in like 1982, a decade after they killed off Norman Osborn.

Originally posted by KnightRider2000:

There have been times where Green Goblin 2 and Spider-Man actually did team up. In issue 312 of Amazing Spider-Man, both Spider-Man and GG2 fought the Hobgoblin together. In issue 200 of Spectacular Spider-Man, when Harry Osborn died, he saved Spider-Man from an exploding building just before collapsing after this huge climatic fight sequence between the two of them.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2006-03-02, 11:45 AM #18
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobgoblin_%28comics%29

WIKIPEDIA KNOWS ALL.
2006-03-02, 12:00 PM #19
Originally posted by Rob:

Something Wikipedia doesn't know, Kingsley couldn't be the original Hobgoblin because in one issue (Issue 249 to be exact), Kingsley AND the Hobgoblin were in the same room together. Hobgoblin was trying to blackmail all the elite calss of New York (Kingsley, Jameson, Osborn, etc.) for massive amounts of money. They were in the same room together. In Issue 250, Spider-Man pays a visit to Kingsley asking him questions, and Kingsley is freaked out about being blackmailed.

The whole story line to reveal Kingsley as the Hobgoblin was something Marvel pulled to make a few extra dollars cause they were filing Chapter 11.
2006-03-02, 12:01 PM #20
Originally posted by tofu:
It's not Green Goblin. It's Green Goblin 2 who does help Spiderman.

-_- It's not "Green Goblin 2". It's just Harry taking up his father's mantle as the plain old GG. No numbers or nuthin'.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-03-02, 12:41 PM #21
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/martynpie/homer-pointing.gif]

NERDS.
2006-03-02, 12:53 PM #22
Yes but for sake of understanding that we're talking about Harry Osborne and not Norman call it GG2.
2006-03-02, 1:39 PM #23
Originally posted by Martyn:
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/martynpie/homer-pointing.gif]

NERDS.

Damn straight.

Originally posted by Matterialize:
-_- It's not "Green Goblin 2". It's just Harry taking up his father's mantle as the plain old GG. No numbers or nuthin'.

Typically comic collectors and magazines/books refer to them as "Second", "Third" and so on. As stated above it's to allow people to understand who they are talking about. Like saying "Well the Green Goblin saved Spider-Man from an exploding building", you might think Norman when it was actually the second.

Though, with the exception of Ultron, I've never heard a comic say "Im the [villian name] 3!"
2006-03-03, 10:31 AM #24
Originally posted by THRAWN:
Something Wikipedia doesn't know, Kingsley couldn't be the original Hobgoblin because in one issue (Issue 249 to be exact), Kingsley AND the Hobgoblin were in the same room together. Hobgoblin was trying to blackmail all the elite calss of New York (Kingsley, Jameson, Osborn, etc.) for massive amounts of money. They were in the same room together. In Issue 250, Spider-Man pays a visit to Kingsley asking him questions, and Kingsley is freaked out about being blackmailed.

The whole story line to reveal Kingsley as the Hobgoblin was something Marvel pulled to make a few extra dollars cause they were filing Chapter 11.

Actually, Hobgoblin was three people. Kingsley was the first, Ned Leeds was the second, and Jason Macendale was the third. Basically, Kingsley brainwashed Ned Leeds into taking over as being Hobgoblin for dangerous stuff, then Macendale kills Leeds and takes over, then Kingsley kills Macendale.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2006-03-03, 2:10 PM #25
Your momma is Hobgoblin

probablly not, Im sure shes a very nice woman.
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
2006-03-06, 1:19 PM #26
[QUOTE=Outlaw Torn]Actually, Hobgoblin was three people. Kingsley was the first, Ned Leeds was the second, and Jason Macendale was the third. Basically, Kingsley brainwashed Ned Leeds into taking over as being Hobgoblin for dangerous stuff, then Macendale kills Leeds and takes over, then Kingsley kills Macendale.[/QUOTE]

Technically 4. First was Kingsley (though I will never call him the first, because it's just wrong). Then there was a guy named Lefty Donovan who as Hobgoblin for like an issue or 2 and died. He was used by the real Hobgoblin to test the super strength chemical out on and create a way of using it without it exploding. Then the 3rd was Leeds then came Macendale.

↑ Up to the top!