Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Computer for Sale
Computer for Sale
2006-03-02, 12:20 PM #1
FOR SALE
KEVIN’S HIGH-END CUSTOM PERSONAL COMPUTER

• Overclocked Celeron D 335, 3.04 GHz (Fast!)
• 768 MB of RAM
• Overclocked ATI Radeon 9600 XT Graphics Card (Even faster, great for games, movies, and so much more.)
• Creative 24- Bit Sound Blaster Live! (Great for high quality music)
• 80 GB Western Digital Hard Drive
• DVD-RW/CD-RW Combo Burner/Reader
• Totally customized for OPTIMUM PERFORMACE in, GAMES, VIDEOS, MUSIC, and ANYTHING you need to do.
• This computer is the best for the money. The whole unit is worth a lot of money, and I hate to depart with it, but it must be sold.
You get ALL this for the low price of

$500

If anyone is interested, please post.
Attachment: 10758/DSC01345.JPG (142,276 bytes)
The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.

-G Man
2006-03-02, 12:23 PM #2
what a horrid case.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2006-03-02, 12:24 PM #3
Shipping? :)
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2006-03-02, 12:29 PM #4
Shipping I want to try to keep under $50, but in you leave in Central Florida, feel free to just pick it up after you have bought it.

-G Man
2006-03-02, 12:32 PM #5
Hah, Try southern Ontario. I'm a Canuck.
2006-03-02, 12:41 PM #6
I'll be in G'ville next week :em321:
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-03-02, 12:42 PM #7
grr
2006-03-02, 12:43 PM #8
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
I'll be in G'ville next week :em321:

I'm in Clermont, if you want it, it's yours. :)

-G Man
2006-03-02, 1:10 PM #9
I actually just spent $150 or so on upgrade for my own rig, don't really need a second machine.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-03-02, 1:12 PM #10
CeleronD, heck no.
2006-03-02, 1:17 PM #11
Quote:
• Overclocked Celeron D 335, 3.04 GHz (Fast!)

Er... no.
Quote:
• Overclocked ATI Radeon 9600 XT Graphics Card (Even faster, great for games, movies, and so much more.)

That is also a no.

Quote:
• Creative 24- Bit Sound Blaster Live! (Great for high quality music)

I know some audiophiles who'd have a bone to pick with you on that one but I wouldn't notice any difference, over a better card.

Quote:
• Totally customized for OPTIMUM PERFORMACE in, GAMES, VIDEOS, MUSIC, and ANYTHING you need to do.

Like play FEAR? :p You sound like a salesman. Still a really nice deal for 500$ though. Escpially with Windows included in the deal.
2006-03-02, 1:18 PM #12
One question: Will it run Oblivion? I'm guessing no.
2006-03-02, 1:32 PM #13
1. Steal computer
2. Run away
3. ???
4. Profit.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-03-02, 1:42 PM #14
500$ US? No way man i can get a new comp for that!
2006-03-02, 1:44 PM #15
I'm tempted to buy this and then upgrade from there...but no, I'll build my own.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-02, 2:05 PM #16
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
blah

For someone who comes from Hardforum where threadcrapping is a bannable offense in FS/FT threads, you really haven't learned much.
D E A T H
2006-03-02, 2:12 PM #17
that's a great deal, and I'd buy it if I had the cash
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2006-03-02, 2:30 PM #18
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]For someone who comes from Hardforum where threadcrapping is a bannable offense in FS/FT threads, you really haven't learned much.[/QUOTE]

In some forums, you'd get banned for selling stuff. I'm not thread crapping, I'm just observing that his post bore a rather amusing resemblance to what a salesman might say. It's still a good deal, but this being a discussion forum, I'm discussing what he's selling. If he wants a strict FS/T thread, he should use an FS/T forum.

BTW, what was that stuff in the last harware thread about Nvidia having superior image quality? There was something else too, but I don't remember what it was. I wish I had had time to properly reply to it.

Originally posted by Tiberium_Empire:
500$ US? No way man i can get a new comp for that!

Yeah, with a brand new uber-1337 Intel Extreme integrated graphics chip! It might even play solitare if you turn the settings down a bit.

Originally posted by Matterialize:

Actually the 9600 is supported, but you'd be played with really low settings.
2006-03-02, 2:33 PM #19
In some forums, you'd get banned for selling stuff. I'm not thread crapping, I'm just observing that his post bore a rather amusing resemblance to what a salesman might say. It's still a good deal, but this being a discussion forum, I'm discussing what he's selling. If he wants a strict FS/T thread, he should use an FS/T forum.

BTW, what was that stuff in the last harware thread about Nvidia having superior image quality? There was something else too, but I don't remember what it was. I wish I had had time to properly reply to it.

1) Only if it was in the policy, which it isn't. I've never been to said forums, also. They're usually ones that don't have a separate forum labelled "General Discussion".
2) It's just common courtesy not to threadcrap. Seriously.
3) Are you actually asking me to give you material so you can start an argument? ****ing christ. Seriously.
D E A T H
2006-03-02, 2:35 PM #20
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]1) Only if it was in the policy, which it isn't. I've never been to said forums, also. They're usually ones that don't have a separate forum labelled "General Discussion".
2) It's just common courtesy not to threadcrap. Seriously.
3) Are you actually asking me to give you material so you can start an argument? ****ing christ. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

I'd use logic, but I'm too lazy so I'll do this: :rolleyes:

But really, we're killing his thread, why don't we take it to PMs?
2006-03-02, 2:38 PM #21
If you guys don't stop this, I wonder how long it'll be until it's locked..

We need to have a gambling forum the Obi, Yoshi, and the other debaters don't know about, and take bets on how long threads will last until locking.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-02, 3:36 PM #22
Yeah, but your 13 and obviously less mature than us. n00b. :p

/irony
2006-03-02, 3:42 PM #23
If yoshi and obi dont knock it off, they're both headed for banland.
2006-03-02, 3:42 PM #24
Originally posted by Matterialize:

actually it could handle oblivion... just won't look like the screenshots that are out there

the minimum requirements for the game

Quote:
* Windows XP
* 512MB System RAM
* 2 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* 128MB Direct3D compatible video card
* and DirectX 9.0 compatible driver;
* 8x DVD-ROM drive
* 4.6 GB free hard disk space
* DirectX 9.0c (included)
* DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
* Keyboard, Mouse
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2006-03-02, 3:43 PM #25
Originally posted by KnightRider2000:
KEVIN’S HIGH-END CUSTOM PERSONAL COMPUTER

that computer is in no way high end.

sorry.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2006-03-02, 3:48 PM #26
Originally posted by DSettahr:
If yoshi and obi dont knock it off, they're both headed for banland.

I used my uber Jedi scenes to sense this and immediately knocked it off. Why do my casually discussions lead to heated arguments before I know it? Maybe I'm bit more apathetic or something. Sigh... Has there ever been an actual discussion on computer hardware?
2006-03-02, 3:53 PM #27
Has there ever been an actual discussion on computer hardware?

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-02, 5:02 PM #28
price is way too high for a computer with those specifications, even excluding the fact that it's old, used hardware.

sorry, but you're going to have to try harder.
2006-03-02, 5:10 PM #29
FOR SALE
KEVIN’S LOW-END TYPICAL PERSONAL COMPUTER

• Overclocked Celeron D 335, 3.04 GHz
• 768 MB of RAM
• Overclocked ATI Radeon 9600 XT Graphics Card (You might be able to run recent games at low settings. We offer no guarantee.)
• Creative 24- Bit Sound Blaster Live! (Typical soundblaster card)
• 80 GB Western Digital Hard Drive
• DVD-RW/CD-RW Combo Burner/Reader
• Totally customized for OPTIMUM PERFORMACE in, 2 or 3 year old GAMES, VIDEOS, MUSIC, and ANYTHING you need to do that doesn't require too much of a powerhouse.
• This computer is the best for the money. The whole unit was once worth a lot of money, and I hate to depart with it, but it must be sold.
You get this for the price of

$500

If anyone is interested, please post.

Fixed.

Seriously though, who are you trying to fool? That computer is low-end. 500$ is a fair price for it, but you're spewing more bull**** than a salesman. This is the setup I used to have, and it hasn't cut it for over a year. Most games I could run at no more than 1024x769 with a lot of features off. Come on man. At least be a little honest and informative. The way you're boasting it, someone who knows more or less anything about computers could expect to run Quake 4 maxed out. Sheesh.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-03-02, 6:09 PM #30
Exactly what I'm trying to say. It was either some sort of joke or he just didn't know.\

Originally posted by ragna:
price is way too high for a computer with those specifications, even excluding the fact that it's old, used hardware.

sorry, but you're going to have to try harder.

I don't know, if you spec it out w/windows... Someone want to spec it out on new egg?
2006-03-02, 6:21 PM #31
Who the **** pays for Windows?
2006-03-02, 6:31 PM #32
People who don't make the thing cost more for honest people?

EDIT: Ohhh, I predict a 5 page flame war on piracy.
2006-03-02, 6:32 PM #33
No, but why pay for Windows when you can run Linux?

LINUX ZEALOT ZING
2006-03-02, 7:28 PM #34
It might not be "High-end" to the hardcore gamers, but they no that. Any smart gamer knows it's not an Alienware. But for a "budget PC" it's pretty good. I was playing HL2 online on 1024 x 768, full detail, trilinear, and 4x antilising, and got about 40 fps. That's good for an economy class PC. For most people, that is high-end. I know a lot of people that woud love to get a gaming PC for a low price.
Attachment: 10765/spray.JPG (103,009 bytes)

-G Man
2006-03-02, 7:55 PM #35
seriously, being able to run HL2 @ 1024x768 at any settings is really nothing to brag about...
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2006-03-02, 11:05 PM #36
Eh, you could build a new computer with better specs for $500 if you wanted to. Try dropping the price a bit.
2006-03-03, 4:23 AM #37
It might not be "High-end" to the hardcore gamers, but they no that. Any smart gamer knows it's not an Alienware. But for a "budget PC" it's pretty good. I was playing HL2 online on 1024 x 768, full detail, trilinear, and 4x antilising, and got about 40 fps. That's good for an economy class PC. For most people, that is high-end..

You obviously don't know what the high-end classification involves. Stop trying to sell now, you fail.

And its not a gaming PC. It never was high-end. Even when it came out, it was mid-ranged. Celerons are one of the worste kinds of processors, the Radeon 9600 XT (i'm guessing its the 128mb variant, which you don't bother to specify, which is, in that generation of cards, what makes or breaks the bloody card) while it was good at the time, was outdated fast enough. The fact that most recent games you'll run at *most* medium or low settings, right there, tells you its not high-end. Its hardly a budget pc either. If someone smart sits down with 500$, they can get a MUCH better grade PC than that.

And you don't even have a gig of ram on that thing.

I said earlier that 500$ was decent because its already built, you supply windows, and someone who wants a computer to browse the internet, listen to music, run microsoft office, or play older games, it'll be fine. But then I didn't realize that was american money. Now I find its overpriced. I sold a similar rig, except I had an AMD instead of a Celeron, and 1.5GB Ram, and a 120GB hard drive for 450$ CANADIAN.

*shrugs*

I know a lot of people that woud love to get a gaming PC for a low price.

IF that is the case, then why are you trying to sell over the lol! internet?
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-03-03, 7:56 AM #38
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 1GHz HT Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3200BPBOX - Retail - $166.00

CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model VS1GBKIT400 - Retail - $68.99

DFI nF4-DAGF Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail - $82.00

Maxtor DiamondMax 10 6V200E0 200GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM - $87.00

JATON Video-PX6600GT Geforce 6600GT 128MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card with HDTV Support - OEM - $99.00

POWMAX CP769PL-6 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 400W Power Supply - Retail - $28.50

NEC Black IDE/ATAPI DVD Burner Model ND-3550A - OEM - $38.99

$570.48 (a little more then what you are asking, but this machine is SO much better, it's worth the extra ~$30)

Newegg can ship that for around $35, which I'm sure is less then you could ship yours for, and this machine blows yours out of the water.

Sorry man.
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2006-03-03, 7:59 AM #39
Originally posted by Shintock:
No, but why pay for Windows when you can run Linux?

LINUX ZEALOT ZING

Because I can actually run half my **** on windows?
2006-03-03, 7:59 AM #40
Well, you didn't include Windows in the price, which he does, but still, the price should come down just a tad.

Quote:
Any smart gamer knows it's not an Alienware.

Alienware = crap. No real enthusiest owns an Alienware.

↑ Up to the top!