Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Post your iTunes glitches!
Post your iTunes glitches!
2006-03-02, 1:04 PM #1
Somtimes after I have iTunes minimized to the system tray and bring it back up I get graphical glitches like this (text is overlayed over other text). Other times it's a big black box but if you click in the box buttons will pop up (where they're supposed to be). Does this happen to anyone else?

[http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b180/chimaerall/what.jpg]
2006-03-02, 1:06 PM #2
It never happens to me. Not even once.

I don't use iTunes.
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2006-03-02, 1:08 PM #3
Happens to me all the time. Just scroll up and down and it disappears.

But, since discovering the iPod plug-in for WinAmp, there's absolutely no reason for me to use iTunes.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2006-03-02, 1:09 PM #4
I use iTunes, it never has given me a problem. *Waits for morons to b***h about it not handling their superior music files formats*
Think while it's still legal.
2006-03-02, 1:27 PM #5
I reformated, had to reinstall itunes, it saved my playlists from before the formatting, and then died, i haven't used it for a week or so now because of that

:(

damnable corrupt file my ***
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-03-02, 1:30 PM #6
Only problem I have with iTunes is that it doesn't recognize my POS cd burner.

So I use Nero to burn cds.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-03-02, 1:33 PM #7
The only problem I have with iTunes is that it closes itself half a second after opening.

So... :p
2006-03-02, 1:34 PM #8
If you upgrade your iTunes to the new version it doesnt do that black text. Or at least that's what fixed it for me.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2006-03-02, 1:38 PM #9
Hmmm, it's been doing it for the past few versions. The reason I stopped using winamp is because I like the iTunes UI better. I'll probably switch to Songbird when it comes out and it has an iPod plug in.
2006-03-02, 2:03 PM #10
[QUOTE=Victor Van Dort]I use iTunes, it never has given me a problem. *Waits for morons to b***h about it not handling their superior music files formats*[/QUOTE]
Uh...if it handled more than two I'd be happy. I'm not asking for much here, just .wmv, .wav, and .ogg support. Seriously.

Oh, and I wouldn't have said anything, but you took it upon yourself to call people who don't like it for not handling rather standard file formats idiots. Yeah. Pot, kettle, black, all that malarkey.
D E A T H
2006-03-02, 2:15 PM #11
In other news.. it's been very peaceful here the past couple days. I wonder what coulda caused that? :rolleyes:
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-02, 2:18 PM #12
Originally posted by Freelancer:
In other news.. it's been very peaceful here the past couple days. I wonder what coulda caused that? :rolleyes:

It has? It seems like it's been exactly the same. Oh, and Free, up until you came back, it was like tranquility. And yes, it was because you were gone.
D E A T H
2006-03-02, 2:18 PM #13
There's this patch, it's called Winamp, you might want to try it.

/me runs
2006-03-02, 2:29 PM #14
[QUOTE=Cool Matty]There's this patch, it's called Winamp, you might want to try it.

/me runs[/QUOTE]
Win! :p
D E A T H
2006-03-02, 2:35 PM #15
I use iTunes because I like the databasing of the songs, I like Winamp for watching videos because of the bloat itunes has toward videos
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2006-03-02, 3:12 PM #16
I use it because it is the only place I can find Nobuo Uematsu.

It has made me incredably mad recently because I wanted to buy
Yngwie Malmsteen's "Concerto Suite for Electric Guitar and Orchestra in E-flat minor"
(long title hu)

but it just says:"Purchase of this item is not currently available" "This item is being modified. Please try again later."

It has said that for about a month now. :(

I think it could be translated to:
"We accidently broke it and don't care because we can't see any reason why anyone would want to buy this."
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-03-02, 4:05 PM #17
I would post a glitch on iTunes but I dont get any, the only I ever see is Windows screwing things up, so would love join in, it just doesnt break on my Mac...

...waits for the screams...
Flying over there some were...
2006-03-02, 4:24 PM #18
iTunes does that all the time after I come back to the computer and kill the screensaver. I just minimize and restore and it works fine.

One reason I like iTunes a little more than Winamp is because of the way it handles Magnatune streams. It archives all of web addresses in the library, and I've been able to create a whole playlist with just the streams. Winamp has always replaced the current streams with new ones when I wanted to add a musician.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2006-03-02, 6:26 PM #19
I've seen too many people lose their files to an iTunes install. Not sure how that happens, seeing as how I use amaroK, but I suppose there is some sort of issue with the library.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2006-03-02, 6:30 PM #20
iTunes on a Mac > all of your ****ing glitches
2006-03-02, 6:32 PM #21
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Uh...if it handled more than two I'd be happy. I'm not asking for much here, just .wmv, .wav, and .ogg support. Seriously.[/QUOTE]
Only, you know, it does play .wav. Just thought I'd point that out.

And what kinda loosers use .wmv and .ogg? Seriously.... psh.... :p
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2006-03-02, 6:33 PM #22
Originally posted by Malus:
I've seen too many people lose their files to an iTunes install. Not sure how that happens, seeing as how I use amaroK, but I suppose there is some sort of issue with the library.

I may be wrong about it in the instace, but:

iTunes has an option (when you install) that will take every music file on your computer and transfer it into an iTunes directory.

I personaly don't like this because it won't tell you what the directory is, so it burries your files where only IT knows where they are. this can be solved if you know the default directory, or you can search for them in windows to find the directory.

so there is a possibility that they did "loose" their files they just didn't see that check (which is automaticly on) and their files are there but they all got moved to another directory. If thats the case then your freinds would just need to search of one of their files and it should tell them where iTunes put them all.

if it's a case of all the files being delleted I have never heard of that or seen that and can not help you.
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton
2006-03-02, 6:33 PM #23
AIFF and SDII as well.
2006-03-03, 12:57 AM #24
[QUOTE=Numenor King]I may be wrong about it in the instace, but:

iTunes has an option (when you install) that will take every music file on your computer and transfer it into an iTunes directory.

I personaly don't like this because it won't tell you what the directory is, so it burries your files where only IT knows where they are. this can be solved if you know the default directory, or you can search for them in windows to find the directory.

so there is a possibility that they did "loose" their files they just didn't see that check (which is automaticly on) and their files are there but they all got moved to another directory. If thats the case then your freinds would just need to search of one of their files and it should tell them where iTunes put them all.

if it's a case of all the files being delleted I have never heard of that or seen that and can not help you.[/QUOTE]

c:\documents and settings\YOUR USERNAME\My Music\iTunes Music Libary\
or look in the Prefs, -->Edit-->Preferances.

I know that and I dont even have Windows.
Flying over there some were...
2006-03-03, 12:58 AM #25
im dunkr but tofu i hate you and this thraed is fing studpif
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2006-03-03, 1:26 AM #26
ubuu you are my black brother let us live in harmony
Attachment: 10775/MLK Day_clip_image002_0000.jpg (14,786 bytes)
2006-03-03, 5:30 AM #27
Originally posted by Shintock:
iTunes on a Mac > all of your ****ing glitches

Well said my jolly canalien! :D

↑ Up to the top!