Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I rule
I rule
2006-03-03, 9:59 AM #1
I just got back an essay from my professor. A 7 page essay. Got a B+. Why does that rule? The essay was a compare/contrast essay between 2 books that I never read. Didn't plagiarize or anything.

For the communitst who say "well imagine if you'd read the books, you'd have had an A+!" I say "bah! I tried to read them, but I couldnt stomach the absolute boringness that persisted within them.

So thats about it. Oh and in another class I got full credit for a write-up of a shopping trip I never went on.

So yea, post your BS school work that netted you a good grade.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2006-03-03, 10:02 AM #2
Can't really recall any BS feats, but I am impressed.

Keep it up!
2006-03-03, 10:08 AM #3
Got an A+ for improvising a public speech on the types of laughter.

Got a 100% on a homework I never did. Seems there was a mistake done there.
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-03-03, 10:24 AM #4
One time I didn't do any of a homework assignment except for one question, and the TA decided to only mark that question. I got perfect.

Oh, and there's that time when I wrote a 1500 word essay in the two hours right before it was due, and got 87% on it. This was in a class that I hadn't even been to in the previous three weeks.
Stuff
2006-03-03, 10:24 AM #5
Got an A+ in a class test on a short story I never read.
It vas in Englisch, too! :D
Sorry for the lousy German
2006-03-03, 10:53 AM #6
Last year I did a speech on photography. It was fairly crappy and unplanned, just a bunch of facts glued together. I mumbled and stuttered nervously throughout the entire speech, or so I thought. To my excellent surprise, the teacher (who was, to my advantage, somewhat of a nutcase) gave me a whopping B-, which is above average for me. Luckily I passed the State Certification test, so I never have to give another speech in my High School experience. BOOYA.
2006-03-03, 10:56 AM #7
Me and a mate did an IT presentation (way back) in Sixth Form that we basically made up as we went along.

Don't think we got a decent mark out of it though...
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2006-03-03, 10:58 AM #8
Well I remember in Grade 5, I went through the whole year without doing ONE homework, or reading he assigned book or two, and I still passed my year with high grades. Ah the days when I was but a wee lass..... wait...
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2006-03-03, 10:59 AM #9
I only got through one year in my english lessons by doing nothing at all.

Except "Damn, I'm so good so you should give me good rates" and I got. Geez. Why hasn't it been that easy since that...
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2006-03-03, 11:05 AM #10
A report I made upon Conrad's Heart of Darkness was based on me watching the movie adaption, Apocolypse Now. Using vague yet important-sounding phrases got me a good grade.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2006-03-03, 11:43 AM #11
In 8th grade English, my class was assigned a large project. We were given several months to read three books by an author we drew out of a hat, and present a detailed report about his/her books and life. It involved making detailed visual aides. My author was Nathaniel Hawthorne.

I started the assigment a month after it was due. I did it all in one night. The visual aide took the most amount of time by far.

How did I prepare?

I read the back cover of The Scarlet Letter.

I got a B+.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2006-03-03, 11:45 AM #12
Junior year every English paper I wrote involved Star Wars
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2006-03-03, 12:13 PM #13
I wrote a 17 page essay the day before it was due and got an A. That's actually kind of pathetic now I think about it.
2006-03-03, 1:00 PM #14
You all have crappy classes.
2006-03-03, 1:05 PM #15
Some story with time portals and a guy named Joe Kerbobsky...

Got an A
2006-03-03, 1:09 PM #16
All of my Latin assignments this year have been heavily BS'd. I can translate the words, but not their functions in the sentences. My understanding of the grammar hasn't progressed since 1st year. Nevertheless, I keep getting a feel for what the sentence should likely say, and consistently pull off 75-95% on every assignment. I'm hoping it doesn't bite me in the *** come exam time.
2006-03-03, 1:10 PM #17
Had a book report on A Tale of Two Cities due. Read the entire book in a day and a half, finished the report at the end of the second day. To this day, I have no idea what that book was about. (can't remember what my grade was on that, but it was about average)

Also, came into English 201 class on the last day of the quarter once to discover we had a 5 page essay due. I'd had no idea. I spoke with the teacher. She made a deal with me that if I could get her the essay by 1:30pm she wouldn't count it as late. (This was at 9am) I ran to the computer lab, researched and wrote my paper between classes and turned it in at 1:15, with about 2 and a half hours of work. It was the lowest grade I'd gotten that quarter, but I still pulled out a 3.6. Best part was the lowest essay grade was dropped, so since I had 4.0's on all my other essays that one ended up being dropped anyway, and I came away with a 4.0 in the class...

Also, once for a health class I had to write an esaay on a physical subject that interested me (like a sport or something). It was supposed to be something that we were actively involved in. I had no idea what to do, so I skimmed over some websites, and thought fencing looked cool. Read info on a few sites and typed up an essay. Got a 4.0. I'd never had any interest in fencing before nor have I since.

Took a year of spanish in college (equivilant to 2 years at high school), and scored a 4.0, 3.9 and 3.8 each quarter. Funny part was I had no idea what I was doing. We would have days where we would break up into groups of 3 or 4 and have discussions in spanish. I would always just sit there and listen, and had no idea what anyone was saying. I never studied the vocab or anything... I honestly don't know how I ended up with such good grades, cause I didn't learn a thing in that class.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-03-03, 1:15 PM #18
Oh yeah, in grade 9 I wrote an essay about quantum physics. Confused the hell out of my english teacher. I got it back and the only thing written on it was: "I don't understand any of this. Good job! 95%"
Stuff
2006-03-03, 1:19 PM #19
lol, that's awesome.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2006-03-03, 1:22 PM #20
Grade 9 I got an A on an essay exam over the book 1984 by going off on how incredible doublespeak was and how interesting a concept was of limiting vocabulary to prevent thoughts. I read the book two months later.
omnia mea mecum porto
2006-03-03, 1:33 PM #21
First day of school (11th grade) and we have to write an essay on what influences us. I know I suck at writing and I don't like subjects like that.

BS'd the whole thing and somehow I got a 97.

The funny thing, is that that was the highest grade in the class. All the other kids that I know write better somehow got around a 72.
A computer's worst nightmare:

HazTeam Website-=HT=
2006-03-03, 2:01 PM #22
I got an A- on a paper I wrote the night before it was due. Due to the time constraints, I was writing a paper just to get a C, so imagine my suprise when I got it back.
Pissed Off?
2006-03-03, 2:10 PM #23
Throughout highschool and college I have written tons of papers on books and **** I was supposed to read....I havent finished a book since 7th grade.
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2006-03-03, 3:48 PM #24
I always do projects last minute. Science fair? I do my display night before. Essay? Night before. Speech? Night before. I love being smart, and being able to do good on school work without too much effort.

I remember making a thread about procrastination, and how I had a report on two Greek gods due the next morning. I started it two hours before I went to bed. I did almost NO research whatsoever, and had the longest report in the class. It was great.

Then there was the speech on Paul of Tarsus I totally BS'd. I made up a lot of **** about him, gave a 5 minute speecho no him the next day using mostly blank notecards. That was hard though, but I ended up doing great. Again.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-03, 4:39 PM #25
You are a 90's baby? Wow, I am so old.
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2006-03-03, 4:42 PM #26
(This has happened 2 times:) I got assigned to read an english short story for homework one night. Dont read it, 20 question quiz, make a 100. Just because I know the recurring themes, morals, and plots of American literature it was that easy to guess at the questions.
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2006-03-03, 5:28 PM #27
Originally posted by Ubuu:
You are a 90's baby? Wow, I am so old.

I feel so young...Oh wait, I am young.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-04, 1:15 PM #28
Didn't really work much apart from towards the end of my maths A level. Got an A... the same as everyone who worked their *** off from the start.

Most of the work i've done in my school life i've underachieved and should really have got a better grade, but i still come out with fairly good grades overall.

*shrug* laziness for the win..
/fluffle
2006-03-04, 1:24 PM #29
I did a video project in under two hours and got an A.

My teacher remarked on how "well thought out and executed" the subject matter was. He said it was "very cerebral" and now he shows it to all of his classes as a perfect example of how to do the project.

Best part. I was sitting in on one of his classes and he told them I was the guy that did the video. I stood there and said "yeah it was really strange how you liked it so much considering I spent just under two hours on it." He looked at me sort of strangely and told me to leave.
>>untie shoes
2006-03-04, 1:40 PM #30
Originally posted by KOP_Snake:
For the communitst who say "well imagine if you'd read the books, you'd have had an A+!"

Simple, your marginal benefit of reading the book does not exceed the marginal cost. Economics explains our laziness :)

Let's see....Last year, I had to write a 6 page paper on Animal Farm, which I haven't read in about 7 or 8 years, and got a 100% on that. I also wrote a 5 page Civ paper 45 minutes before class, got a 100% on that. And then for my big 10 page civ project on FDR and The New Deal, I did that the night before the rough draft was due, and when it back a couple days later he said "I can see that you were well prepared. The only things that need fixing are grammatical errors! A+ as it stands right now!".

And to Gilgamesh, I am the exact opposite with Latin. I pretty much know all the grammar, but I have no clue on the vocab. So because it takes longer to look up vocab, I just write down the meanings over the words, and then I am able to figure it out on the fly.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2006-03-04, 1:41 PM #31
I once got an A for a presentation about flying cows.
2006-03-04, 1:57 PM #32
In high school I found that we had access to a network drive where the installation of the required reading test system was stored... The program was called Accellerated Reader.

For my senior year, I wanted to get all of my credits out of one book... Since credits are based on how difficult the book is, AND the number of pages, I found a copy of War and Peace that was the size of your average Paperback romance novel.. The thing topped out at over 2000 pages.

I took the 20 question test repeatedly at home and memorized the first few words of each answer (the questions stayed in the same order, the answers changed position)... I took the test 3 days after checking out the book from the library and got a perfect score.

My teacher gave me 20 bonus credits (considering 14 was all that was required for the year) and the book itself earned 22 credits.

I pwned the high school English system. :) huzzah

(note: I had used the same application throughout high-school, but hadn't done anything so brash with it... I made it seem most of the time as though I was actually reading the books.)
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2006-03-04, 2:32 PM #33
i never got A's, even when I was a gifted 8 yr old, I just mucked around in class.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2006-03-04, 3:45 PM #34
Originally posted by Yecti:
In high school I found that we had access to a network drive where the installation of the required reading test system was stored... The program was called Accellerated Reader.
Heh, I forgot about Accelerated Reader. Apparently I was reading on the same level as high school seniors when they implemented it. When I was in fifth grade. I guess I did manage to make it through David Copperfield (ugh, I was about ready to give up half-way through it) and ace the test.
2006-03-04, 5:00 PM #35
We use that program...
I had a blog. It sucked.
2006-03-04, 6:44 PM #36
I can't remember the last assignment I handed in that wasn't BSed. IF I hand in the assignment at all. I still maintain a 3.0 because I am the best BSer in the history of BSGs.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2006-03-04, 7:11 PM #37
I had an engineering project to do with some friends, complete with working model, presentation and suchlike. In all, we probably put the most work of this 40-odd page project and the whole presentation, including preparation for the delivery and stuff a few days before we needed to show off our wonderful work up in Canterbury.

We'd managed to piss off a large number of people all over the shop. It was great just watching them find out that we kicked righteous arse with the project.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2006-03-04, 10:06 PM #38
Originally posted by Jepman:
Well I remember in Grade 5, I went through the whole year without doing ONE homework, or reading he assigned book or two, and I still passed my year with high grades. Ah the days when I was but a wee lass..... wait...

obviously they didn't check for missing letters and words. ;)

I'm not even gonna touch that lass comment...
“Without education we are in a horrible and deadly danger of taking educated people seriously.” -G.K. Chesterton

↑ Up to the top!