Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Go Spidey!!!
Go Spidey!!!
2004-06-12, 9:29 AM #1
Alright, I was gonna wait a few days until I actually got it put in my garage, but I can't contain it anymore.

I AM GETTING THE SPIDER-MAN ARCADE GAME!

Yes, that's right. That arcade game from like 1990, where you play as either Spider-Man, The Black Cat, Sub-Mariner or someone else (who I can't remember), and battle evil doers, or actidentally kill each other (cause you can).

What happened is that my friends work for this lady who owns a private school. They do some work for her, run errands, etc. She gives them a crap load of money (like $100 for about 3 hours of work). Well, my friend Chris, who's mom is best friends with the lady who owns the school, recieved about a dozen free arcade games from the school's arcade. Free. That's right. She gave him Ms Pac-Man, X-Men, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles In Time, Spider-Man, Spy-Hunter (2 of them), 2 Neo-Geos, a few pin ball machines. So he is selling them off, and letting his friends take one of what they want (minus Ms Pac-Man, he wants to sell that). So I got to get Spider-Man cause my friend Brad took Ninja Turtles.

I'll be picking it up later this week and putting it in my garage. I can't wait. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-06-12, 9:32 AM #2
Eliminate your friend and take Ninja Turtles for your own.

I was like a gambling addict with a bank loan when near that machine.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-06-12, 10:04 AM #3
Ninja Turtles > everything else

------------------
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.

[This message has been edited by Jazzkokehead (edited June 12, 2004).]
I bet you think that's funny, don't you.
2004-06-12, 10:21 AM #4
Hopefully, you can rig it so it will let you play for free... (if it hasn't been modded already)

If not, hopefully you have the key so you can open it up and get your money back.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
2004-06-12, 11:35 AM #5
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
Hopefully, you can rig it so it will let you play for free... (if it hasn't been modded already)

If not, hopefully you have the key so you can open it up and get your money back.

</font>

Or use it as a bank WHILE you play. Amazing.

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2004-06-12, 11:50 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dj Yoshi:
Or use it as a bank WHILE you play. Amazing.

</font>

The ultimate piggy bank! lol

That's cool... can't say I ever played it though.

------------------
AIM ID: BlueViper192

RiP -MaDaVentor-
The Limelite
2004-06-12, 12:11 PM #7
Oh, we got them working for free. We spent 20 minutes popping X-Men open (we didnt have a key) through the back to get it to work for free.

------------------
2004-06-12, 12:39 PM #8
What kind of school has a freeakin arcade............

------------------
"If there's one thing I've learned it's this - you just can't shake hands with a fist" - David Allen Coe
2004-06-12, 1:26 PM #9
a party school [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?
2004-06-12, 2:00 PM #10
Yes, I must say, kill your friend for that Ninja Turtles arcade... or a Pinball machine. Oh, I really liked the superman one. Ah, good times. Arcades aren't anywhere near here, now days. Banana's down town has a few old arcade games, but for the most part, all it is now are stupid console games with driver's seats, or pistol-controlers.

[edit]Wouldn't he make more money if he kept all the games, and then set up an arcade somewhere? I know of many places here I could rend for dirt cheap and pay for itself with THAT many arcade systems in it. Heck, he could get a vender's liscense and sell pop too.[/edit]

JediKirby

------------------
-Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council
<]-[ellequin> Nothing is quite as satisfying as placing a .177 lead pellet in between the eyes of a cat.
<]-[ellequin> I think I will leave it's corpse there, to warn all the other cats to keep out of my hibiscus patch

Live on, Adam.

[This message has been edited by jEDIkIRBY (edited June 12, 2004).]
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-06-12, 7:41 PM #11
Nah he wants to sell them. I don't get to choose on the Ninja Turtles one because my friend Brad helps out at the school all the time as well, so he gets dibs on what he wants. If he chose Spidey then I'd get Ninja Turtles (or vice versa).

------------------
2004-06-12, 7:45 PM #12
just make sure to charge your friends to play it...

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-06-12, 7:46 PM #13
Nah I'll pass on that as well.

What I can't wait for is to get my own apartment. Pop that thing in the living room, and have like some Spider-Man stuff around it. Have a somewhat awesome kicking bachleor pad.

------------------
2004-06-13, 6:36 AM #14
Yes, you'll be sure to impress all the ladies with your spider-man arcade machine.

------------------
Roach - Caught in the war of hemispheres.
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-06-13, 7:43 AM #15
That "other" character was Hawk-Eye. You know, the sharpshooter with a bow and arrow set. Great game though. I envy you, but I, errr, *ahem* already have it on my 'puter *ahem*.... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
Yahoo! Name : jedibruintone77
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2004-06-13, 8:00 AM #16
Anyone remember the arcade shooter "Lucky and Wild"?

------------------
"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

-Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by SG1_129 (edited June 13, 2004).]
2004-06-13, 10:12 AM #17
No.

------------------

"Bantha's are filthy animals.......I don't eat filthy animals."

"Laugh it up Fuzzball!"
-Han Solo
2004-06-13, 11:02 AM #18
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SG1_129:
Anyone remember the arcade shooter "Lucky and Wild"?

</font>

Yeah, that's the one with the driver and the gunner right? That thing was pretty cool. DDR is pretty much the best arcade game... followed by Time Crisis 3 and Warzone [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]
2004-06-13, 1:17 PM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Roach:
Yes, you'll be sure to impress all the ladies with your spider-man arcade machine.</font>

Actually, I've already had a few ladies ask if they can come play on it. And none of them I am dating.

Snake-Eyes, thanks. I never would of guessed Hawkeye since I thought he was only in Captain America and The Avengers video game.

BTW, I heard Ninja Turtles is now up for grabs. So now I gotta decide, Ninja Turtles or Spider-Man.

------------------
2004-06-13, 2:04 PM #20
There are ways of playing these classic coin ops on your PC....
2004-06-13, 2:05 PM #21
I love those old arcade machines.

graphics-wise, they're definitely sub-par by modern standards, but they have a nostalgia value that nothing else can emulate.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
2004-06-13, 2:13 PM #22
*NINJA TURTLES*

------------------
-Proud Leader of the Minnessassian Council
<]-[ellequin> Nothing is quite as satisfying as placing a .177 lead pellet in between the eyes of a cat.
<]-[ellequin> I think I will leave it's corpse there, to warn all the other cats to keep out of my hibiscus patch

Live on, Adam.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-06-13, 5:10 PM #23
Here is what I plan on doing:

Buy Spider-Man.

My friend already has Ninja Turtles. He wants a pinball machine. After a few weeks, I'll go get Ninja Turtles from him. But Spider-Man must go now.

------------------
2004-06-13, 8:35 PM #24
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jazzkokehead:
Ninja Turtles > everything else

</font>

Amen.

------------------
"Church, women are like Voltron, the more you can hook up, the better it gets!"
-Tucker
Red vs Blue

Ph34r t3h Cute Ones
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."