Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Volunteer Hours...
Volunteer Hours...
2006-03-04, 9:04 AM #1
I need 20 to graduate.

I went to the Public Library on Friday last week. The lady responsible for volunteering wasn't there.

I called her the Thursday after. She wasn't there and said she'd be back Friday.

I called her again on Friday. She still wasn't there.

I go to the Library again today. Nobody to help with volunteer work is there.

Le sigh.

And I was so ready to get 10 hours on Saturday and Sunday, too.
2006-03-04, 9:05 AM #2
Make **** up.

Thats what I did.
2006-03-04, 9:07 AM #3
Originally posted by Rob:
Make **** up.

Thats what I did.

The teacher is going to call all the volunteer places we gave him to check on whether we really did the hours or not.
2006-03-04, 9:32 AM #4
You have to do volunteer work to graduate? That's stupid.
2006-03-04, 9:38 AM #5
It's pretty common nowadays, I think. Luckily, my school doesn't have it, but my old school did. Of course, there's such an incredible pressure to do service and stuff here that it feels required.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2006-03-04, 10:29 AM #6
I got mine for coaching my brother's soccer team. Also, there are a lot of other places you can go volunteer, like a local rec center, a church, the YMCA, and so on.
Pissed Off?
2006-03-04, 10:53 AM #7
Originally posted by SMOCK!:
It's pretty common nowadays, I think. Luckily, my school doesn't have it, but my old school did. Of course, there's such an incredible pressure to do service and stuff here that it feels required.

So, technically it's not really volunteer work. Sorry, Knob, but logic had dictated that you will not be graduating.
2006-03-04, 11:04 AM #8
I pointed out to one of the administration guys at my college that if you force people to do volunteer hours, they are not actually volunteering.

We no longer are required to volunteer.
>>untie shoes
2006-03-04, 11:07 AM #9
Originally posted by KnobZ:
The teacher is going to call all the volunteer places we gave him to check on whether we really did the hours or not.

You can more than likely have one of your parent's friends sign the paper work for service learning hours and vouch that you did work.

Helps if they have an elderly relative.

Thats exactly what I did, anyways.

↑ Up to the top!