Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Of JK and MP
Of JK and MP
2003-12-22, 5:59 AM #1
I was wondering, where does one find a good community for playing JK multiplayer a lot? I've tried Massassi, but most of the time the two chats my friend showed me are either dead or something to that effect. If anyone has a suggestion or two, it would be appreciated [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif].

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2003-12-22, 6:26 AM #2
If you don't like massassi then your only remaining option is to build a time machine and go back to 1997.

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2003-12-22, 7:20 AM #3
That all depends on what you consider 'good'.

Massassians tend to stick to addon levels and mods, but actually playing them is a rarity (a few games a week that aren't private). If you're only looking to play a few times a week and are a big fan of mods and addon levels (good and not-so-good), then #massgames is your place.

The Internet Gaming Zone, also known as a wretched hive of scum a villany, is by far the largest active JK community (even to this day). There are alot of *******s there, but occasionally you'll run into some nice people that don't even have to use cheats to win a game. They play both mods and addon levels on the Zone, but they actually play some of the original levels as well, which is unique these days. The biggest upside to the Zone is that you can get a game at just about anytime.

The other communities such as Gamespy Arcade and Qtracker are practically dead, although a few poor souls still play there (even myself on occasion, Qtracker is a great program when the master server is working).

The best thing to to is to build a group of friends online and just play IP games over AIM/GAIM or what have you. I've done this with my clan and some friends and we're able to get a game of CTF (which is what are group is for) just about any day of the week.

Good luck!

------------------
http://www.napalmdeathsquad.com
2003-12-22, 8:26 AM #4
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
If you don't like massassi then your only remaining option is to build a time machine and go back to 1997.

</font>

If I had a time machiene I would go back in time and make Massassi before Brian could. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]
2003-12-22, 8:48 AM #5
Mentat, nobody on the Zone "uses cheats."

------------------
Duel Zero key count: Zero! Down to guns and forces. Expect a release soon.
2003-12-22, 12:08 PM #6
Ya, just noobish "hacks" that are easily remidied. <.<

------------------
Look for my current project, The Force in Your Soul.
Last week I cudn't evn spel grajuat, but now I is one.

*Takes out his blaster and fires shots at the wall, the blastmarks leave the words "S-TROOPER WUZ 'ERE!!!"
2003-12-22, 1:16 PM #7
Yah I heard of the zone...I was just thinking there might be some community out there that set up regular games of JK.../sigh

------------------
There is no signature
D E A T H
2003-12-22, 3:59 PM #8
#massgames on irc.holonet.org yeaaaa... get IRC :P

------------------
" You killed me. That wasn't very nice."
Noble Gases
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!

↑ Up to the top!